Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,727 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers (6428 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Redmosquito(m): 10:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
We are in the period of Christmas and New year, so One thing is sure to be rampant, BANGER.
They are a source of fear to some, a source of enjoyment to others. But they are ever-present. So I would like you guys to share your experiences with Banger here.
Me first
I remember Christmas of two years ago.
The family had bought this rocket banger, the one that will shoot into the sky and explode.
So we went outside to blow them up, all the family was seated outside as I went to dip the Explosive into the sand.
As I lighted it and ran back to sit with my family, expecting to watch the stuff go into the air. The rocket-stand fell and the rocket was pointing towards us.
Before I could run to put it back up, it just fired at us. O boy! See run. Nobody wan die ooo. My father ran right, my mother ran left, my sister hid behind the gateman, the gateman was shouting some muslim prayers while tryin to push my sista away, my five yearold brother just disappeared, I was trying to jump the fence. The rocket was just hitting obstacles and flying everywhere before it finally exploded in the mallam's shop. My brother had run into the bush the whole while, smark kid.
This one happened some years back
The boys in our street were doin banger wars, we were throwing bangers at each other. We formed two teams
So one day our team was just sitting playing, when I saw one banger fly over the fence into a boy's collar.
I was the only one who saw it. I was running towards the boy to alert him,the place was noisy, I was shouting the boy no hear, but O boy! As I saw that the banger was this long multiple sounds type, I turned back and pick race.
The boy saw me and was shouting "Brother why u dey run?! Why U dey run na?!"
Before I could shout back to warn him
TRAPAPAPAPA!!!!!!
Oya guys share urz

8 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Abbott(m): 10:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
Mine is those 2 bang bangers. Just strike 'em and walk besides peep while holdin it and when it goes off...i enjoy seeing the way people jump and start and look around b4 the other sound goes and I just smile. That was then though. smiley
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Mynd44: 10:54pm On Dec 08, 2012
I have those every year.
My street and the other street have fights every year and each fights to see who wins. Every year, we stock pile "ammunitions" and wait but there was a year my friends and I had an idea, we snuck into the "enemy's armory" with a kep of petrol and a match about 2 hours before the fight was supposed to start.

My goodness you should have seen it. It was glorious.

And then we brought out ours and boy did they run
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Otutu1(m): 6:10am On Dec 09, 2012
Mine was a time I bought a lott of bangers and was given a mixture of both 2 and 3 sound and we usually held the three sounds for two bangs and released it just before the last, but in the heat of 31st night shooting and displaying for the ladies wink I opened a pack of the Two sounds, lit it and held it over my head unknowingly the first bang was so powerful that it left my fingertips and fell right into the my shirt from the back, before I go do anything e don be. Had a lot of little spot burns from that experience.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Shenez: 12:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
Mine is not funny at all. Few years back durin xmas period when people throw banger I do pick it up so dat it will make sound in my hand paupau!. One day I pick one up not knowing dat is the last sound it going to make it is unfortunately it blow my hand. My fine boy is down grade dat day, I can't forget that day

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Mynd44: 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
This year, there will be more experience. I have started stockpilling ammunitions again
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by salam001(m): 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
I remember vividly when i was young,my dad bought for me,i lighted it,ready to throw it,my elder brother wanted to snatch it from me,it landed straight inside Mama precious's panties hanging on the rope,and tore the panties,i swallowed hard..mama precious Came back and saw it,she started shouted,we lied to her that it was boys from the other street,i cant forget that day

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by tellwsdom: 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
This one na topic??...undecided
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Adanyebe(m): 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
i was so Highed I had to lit up the Banger for the Pallmall cigarette in the lower pocket of my combat short... I was struck by the first shot before i swayed back to ma senses
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2012
I don't do bangers,I rather shoot guns.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by legalwealth(m): 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2012
One was thrown into my pocket one day and destroyed the money that I wanted to use to take my girlfriend to Mr BIGGS and no extra cash in my ATM or elsewhere

That day bad as that was agreat yawah...
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by dmcdad: 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
Mynd_44: I have those every year.
My street and the other street have fights every year and each fights to see who wins. Every year, we stock pile "ammunitions" and wait but there was a year my friends and I had an idea, we snuck into the "enemy's armory" with a kep of petrol and a match about 2 hours before the fight was supposed to start.

My goodness you should have seen it. It was glorious.

And then we brought out ours and boy did they run
Lol... Una get luck say them no catch una.. Dm 4 roast una with those firearms.
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Horlawoomey(m): 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
Don't try bangers around the Northern part of the country o. You may not do the festival at home.
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Francheezy(m): 5:42pm On Dec 14, 2012
myn waz wen i t0ok 0ne s0und banGer, i threw it, buh it d!dnt s0und, i naw went t0 pick it up, i saw dat it waz bad. I carry g0 kitcheN, i 0n candle, put d banger 4 fire, b4 i n0 kpaaaaa....the tin bl0w 4 my face, i b!n won dead. Tru 0ut dat day, na ringt0ne i dey hear 4 me ear...dryyy..

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by FoxyRebirth(m): 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
Best thread ever.. Banger never do me yawa sha... But I go dey hia laff till I close oooooo
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by vislabraye(m): 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
I remember doing something silly when I was about 5. My brothers lit a banger and threw it on the ground. It had not yet exploded when I took it to smoke like a cigar. Before I knew I heard gbosa. I saw stars. I reported my brothers.

2 christmas ago I was in PH. We had a rocket banger my sister bought abroad. Men, those were military hardware. I lit some and it overtook other rockets in the sky.
There was one boy than begged me for a rocket. I gave it to him.

The silly boy lit it and held it in his hand raised up. By the time it bought out fire and smoke, the boy left it and ran. It exploded on him, and I saw him taking off like Usain Bolts. We laughed at him. He thought it was those local ones he had.
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Hailedin9ja: 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
Spent some thousands of Naira on it those days. We usually organise street fight using banger on the December 31st.

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by FoxyRebirth(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
keep it coming ooo
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by fapcrook(m): 6:08pm On Dec 14, 2012
[quote author=tellwsdom]This one na topic??...undecided[/quote I wonder ooo. Topic for adults?
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by 1ndidi2(f): 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
Experience! Hmm!

Growing up amongst boys,I wanted to do everything they did

So I experience(mented) with my 1st banger tutorial-

My elder one was teaching me how to hold d stick and light it on the match,as an enthusiastic learner,I was concentrating on lighting d useless thing when I heard KPA-KPO(my younger brother had already lit one and placed it quietly near my sweet legsad

Today I have a permanent tattoo on my yellowpawpaw tomato jos left leg

I hope my future hubby doesn't mind it tho!

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by BANGASOUP1: 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2012
tellwsdom: This one na topic??...undecided
'''
''

u smoke

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by streetdisciple: 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
Omo banger, no be small tin o in those day 4 warri we dey finish work on watch nyt na.......
We dey leave 4 on small estate dat tym one watch nyt we jes dey do war with banger na so one guy go trow d tin pass one woman window enter her kitchen to worsen matters d tin come fall inside d xmas stew wey d woman bn dey fry scatter d woman stew na so she provoke come outside by dt tym all man don discharge o she no see anybody catch na im she comot cloth begin swear 4 us o.....
Wetin concern us if u like comot pata join d swear no go work

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Coldfeet(f): 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
tongue 90s Children see them!! Banger?

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Redmosquito(m): 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
[quote author=fapcrook][/quote]
You think say na only small pikin get experience with banger undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
I remember once this small boy was boasting with rocket
When it was time to blow, the guy didnt point it to the sky, he was pointing it sideways, forming bad guy
GBOA!
Na so the thing fire go jam okada man
You think say na only small pikin get experience with banger undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by nikkyshyne(f): 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
Can fashola please ban bangers? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by BANGASOUP1: 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
street disciple: Omo banger, no be small tin o in those day 4 warri we dey finish work on watch nyt na.......
We dey leave 4 on small estate dat tym one watch nyt we jes dey do war with banger na so one guy go trow d tin pass one woman window enter her kitchen to worsen matters d tin come fall inside d xmas stew wey d woman bn dey fry scatter d woman stew na so she provoke come outside by dt tym all man don discharge o she no see anybody catch na im she comot cloth begin swear 4 us o.....
Wetin concern us if u like comot pata join d swear no go work

who b dis again
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by naptu2: 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
naptu2: Flashlight Banger.

A couple were at a dark junction, probably whispering sweet nothings to each other. We were on the other side of the wall, positioning ourselves.

The first banger exploded on the north side of the street and the couple ran southwards. They had only taken a few steps when the second banger exploded on the south side of the street. The couple stood transfixed. More bangers exploded across the four cardinal points. The boy fled, leaving the girl behind. It was quite wicked, but I couldn't stop laughing.

The local thug stood at the junction. Although he was just in his mid-teens he was already quite infamous across the neighbourhood. Some people were scared of him. Not me.

I watched from afar as he donned the (egungun) masquerade outfit. He and his gang started extorting money from passersby. I saw an opportunity smiley

I went into the compound, got my flashlight banger and was about to strike, when one of the security guards saw me. He encouraged me. I lit that thing and threw it over the wall.

I actually heard them run! Egungun run? Abomination! But he ran.

Curious, I went to the gate. I was behind the gate and behind the guards. He finally came to the gate and started issuing threats at me. I was happy!

It was around 7:30 at night. I snuck up behind the block of flats. They were at the taps, fetching water. I could recognise their voices. I needed one last fix of adrenaline before going home.

I snuck up really close, but they still didn't know I was there. I lit one and using my favourite pitching move, let it fly. I heard someone exclaim "banger!" And buckets and slippers hitting the ground. I didn't wait to see the result. I'll find out tomorrow. Right now, I'm going HOME!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/893038_Banger_jpg7540e74f7aa6274427fec748899ffd89

See more here
https://www.nairaland.com/1062509/nigeria-good-bad-beautiful-ugly/38
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by naptu2: 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
nikkyshyne: Can fashola please ban bangers. embarassed

They are already illegal. The Buhari regime made it illegal in 1984/85.
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Siga: 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2012
Lord have mercy....I remember in the 80's...my brothers and I go catch lizards...put them inside bottle and throw banger inside...God forgive us....the damages we do for our parent property with banger no be small....enough punishments and beating sha....lol grin
Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Redmosquito(m): 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
Ishilove:
The year was 1998. My unruly neighbours sighted their target and positioned themselves.

The target got closer.

The ragamuffins aimed and let it fly. Unfortunately, the banger missed and landed in the target's shopping bag where a live chicken lay upside down tied by the feet.

The hapless chicken was instantly blown into feathery chunks by the powerful "Enersto Gbmf" knockout.

The target's enraged bellows could be heard for kilometers around.

'Someone' ratted on the mischief makers and they were apprehended and given a sound trashing; their parents made to replace the murdered chicken.

Guess who the treacherous Deep Throat of a lil' snitch was?

Yep, you guessed right. grin grin grin

cool
this got me laughing and laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2012
Last I ever lighted any of those was few years back. There was a warning in my area against it and I flaunted the rules. The next morning, a woman that saw me from her balcony reported me to the security guys. When they came to my house my Dad threatened to blow their heads off if they didn't leave our house and asked me to stay indoors. He said his son will never do such a thing. You need to see the vigour in that defence. The guys left later but I had tears in my eyes. That show of trust was overwhelming for me.
Today though, I still buy it for my younger ones.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dream League Soccer 2024 (DLS 24) Unlimited Coins & Diamonds Download / 9 People Who Have Extra Body Parts / Im Leaving Nairaland: I Would Miss You All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.