Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

content deleted - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / content deleted (2551 Views)

Attention Moderators: Who Deleted My Comment On Jonathan's Shopping Spree? / post deleted / DELETED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: content deleted by skima(m): 2:11am On Oct 01, 2005
Yeah inevitably its not gonna be wat it is now. Those who are in power today wont be there and economy might have changed. But to your fact, what do u fore-see?
Re: content deleted by owo(m): 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2005
Well said by everybody.

I think differently about Nigeria.
First, it is not a nation... it started out as an oppresive entity, is sustained by oppression and will remain so for as long as you can imagine.

Nations consider human life ( at least of their citizens) as precious. In Nigeria it is the opposite. Corruption, ritualistic killings etc are only but symptoms of the malaise in the soul of Nigeria.
Mediocrity is hallowed and given a pride of place. while rogues are at the helms of affairs.

Unfortunately, as it stands today, the Northerners and Westerners believe that this system will continue since they feed fat on it ... whether knowingly or not.

Today, Federal Government houses, built by money obtained through the merciless killing of Ibos and Niger Deltans are being auctioned to men and women who know nothing about how the money thatbuilt those structures came about. to the buyers, Nigeria is making progress. But the communities that have been ransacked by the military time and time again over the last six years (including last week 2oct 05) know that this fabric called Nigeria iis unwearable.
A trans-sahara highway starting at Lagos is in the making, with money obtained through gross environmental abuses that have made the lives of women, children and men in the Niger delta bitter. Those who use the road may not know and when they see the road.... they prophesy that Nigeria is on the March to 'heaven-on earth'. How wrong they are.
The blood of those who have been killed by the battalions of soldiers currently deployed throughout the Delta will speak soon.
Universities are being built, scholarships are being given, power plants are being built... oh how nice. Yet the beneficiaries do not know that their joy comes from the deprivation of many families whose only source of drinking water has been polluted, sometimes after their daughter has been raped by a certain soldier. To the beneficiaries, things are looking up. But how wrong they are.
National 'honors' are bestowed on murderers while illiterates dance in the sitting room of power. A nation that has existed for 45 years, has 65 universities and has never found it wise to put a proper university(being the highest level of learning) graduate at the helm of its affairs cannot and will not survive.

In ten -fifteen years, we will see the demise of whatever we call Nigeria today. It has no future and never should. Its foundation is wrong, its building materials are at best poor and its roof is leaking. It should and must be pulled down so that a greater nation can come out in its stead. As long as we all continue to whitewash and paint this sepulchre, so long will we keep having false hopes of a great nation.

Little wonder they have ensured that the correct history of real happenings are not taught in schools.
Re: content deleted by goodguy(m): 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2005
u are a very good analyst i must confess. But then, here's where i disagree with u:
owo:

In ten -fifteen years, we will see the demise of whatever we call Nigeria today. It has no future and never should. Its foundation is wrong, its building materials are at best poor and its roof is leaking.

Someone once said, "So many Nigerians are very good in analyzing and listing out Nigeria's problems, yet, very few sit down to think about the solution to these problems." I absolutely agree with him. The fact that you have a sore on ur leg today doesn't mean it will foreover remain there. With time, no matter how long, the sore will surely heal. wink
Re: content deleted by Odeku(m): 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2005
Nigeria has a great future as long as the greedy old politicians can make way for the youth of today to control our destiny.
Re: content deleted by goodguy(m): 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2005
I'm thinking if they don't even make way, God will make a way! wink
Re: content deleted by owo(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2005
Nigeria has tried all the tricks and theories in the book (excepting communism). IMF and World bank officials have lived here and fed -fat on our cowardice.
May we not forget so soon the level of 'intelligent' amd highly educated men and women that have been part of the Government over the last twenty years.
The sum of all their ideas, activities, consultancies etc etc is where we are. A DECAYING SOCIETY.

The only thing we have not tried is the solution to our problems and that is at worst, a loose federation where everybody can grow at their own pace. At best a breakup into separate countries or federating units. The reason we have not tried it - fear. The same fear that is keeping our young men and women under the the current oppression

Some may dare say we keep hoping. But hope in what? Why keep painting a building with faulty foundations and a resultant set of cracked walls in the hope that it will one day be able to carry a skyscrapper on it. Is it not foolish?

The young men of will not be given political power, yesterday's young men are todays old men or politicians and today's young men will be tommorows old men. With the aged is wisdom, the holy book says. Even then, whoever thinks that this 'coward' generation will be better than their forbears may need to have a second look. Nigeria's literacy level is about 55% (there is no specific National record). Of the 55%, those that have passed through the university/polytechnic/college of education etc can tell what is involved.

Is it the admission that is based on where you come from and who you know?
My younger brother had 7As in his SSCE and &As in his NECO, scored 255/400 in his JAMB and yet did not have admission because he is from a so called Educationally advantaged state. Yet, people scored 190/400 with much inferior SSCE grade and had admission to do the same course in the same university, because they are educationally disadvantaged.

Is it the bribe-me or lay-with-me-and i-will-give-you-good-grades syndrome that they have pased through which has prepared them for making sacrifices for the 'country'?

Is it the graduates from this few-classrooms, 20-people-to-one-room-hostel, no-certain-academic-calendar-due-to-strikes, no water/light, brain-drained universities that you think will carry the national burden? Is the same set that throng and sometimes sleep at embassy gates that you are conting on?
Time and space would not allow a total elucidation of the system we are in.

The people who are not in Nigeria and are thus not directly pinched by this immoral system can tell us to hope. But I'm sure they would not like to spend their lifetime here.

Yesterday(12/10/05) , the Federal exec. council approved th 2006 budget. The POLICE is taking the largest percentage of the federal budget (NOT EDUCATION, NOR HEALTH). Where lies this hope some espouse?

If there was anything to hope on, that thing is called hopelessness.

Will God help -us? NO, NO, NO. There is no country called Nigeria in any Holy Book. God recognises Peoples and not Political systems.
This is not mere sermonizing but rather it is stating the obvious.

I insist that Nigeria is on its way to a demise... it is not a question of if, but when.
Re: content deleted by goodguy(m): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2005
I still disagree with u. Nigeria is going to be good. I pray you live to see that day cool
Re: content deleted by anton(m): 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2005
Greetings, Brothers and Sisters

I'm new to the board and am very interested in conversing with my siblings and elders on the Continant.

Forgive me if I sound impertinent, but what influence did African people have in the creation of the nation of Nigeria? Should the past be taken into account when considering the future?

What is the relationship between the Africans of Nigeria and the surrounding nations? Do any of the posters think that the problems of any African Nation can be solved without support from surrounding nations?

How many of Nigeria's problems would be solved if they said, "F*ck it. We refuse to repay anymore debt"?

I would also like know what are the feeling of Nigerians toward the premise that 'Nigeria, and Africa in general, has problems because the white supremacists *want* them to have problems'.

I know these are loaded questions, but I believe that to answer these questions honestly will Brighten the Future of Our Continant as a whole. If this format is unacceptiable, please inform me of how to correct it, admin.
Re: content deleted by goodguy(m): 9:22pm On Oct 14, 2005
anton:

Should the past be taken into account when considering the future?

May God bless you for this statement. wink cool
Re: content deleted by bricklayer(m): 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2007
Re: content deleted by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Oct 30, 2007
anton:

I'm new to the board and am very interested in conversing with my siblings and elders on the Continant.

Forgive me if I sound impertinent, but what influence did African people have in the creation of the nation of Nigeria? Should the past be taken into account when considering the future?

What is the relationship between the Africans of Nigeria and the surrounding nations? Do any of the posters think that the problems of any African Nation can be solved without support from surrounding nations?

How many of Nigeria's problems would be solved if they said, "F*ck it. We refuse to repay anymore debt"?

I would also like know what are the feeling of Nigerians toward the premise that 'Nigeria, and Africa in general, has problems because the white supremacists *want* them to have problems'.

I know these are loaded questions, but I believe that to answer these questions honestly will Brighten the Future of Our Continant as a whole. If this format is unacceptiable, please inform me of how to correct it, admin.

The fact that I am a Nigerian and know for sure that Nigerian's problems are easy to solve shows that the problem is not of external influence at all but internal and so your trying to find an excuse for africa to continue as it has for decades now is not going to fly. If you can not see how simple the problem of electricity can be taken care of in the country ( INVEST funds that are being swallowed by other corrupt Nigerians into building the country something like a good nuclear plant to supply us all the power we need), then my friend, I see you as part of the problem we have in Nigeria ( the BLAME EVERYONE ELSE INSTEAD OF TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR STATE AND WAKING UP TO DO THINGS RIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL kind).

You Speak of the past as if Nigeria or even Africa ever really had a past with it's neighbours. We were tribes that were mostly at war with our neigbhours and we still are at war with them. If you really want Nigeria to go back to when it was more fight those who do not look like or think like you days, then I say again, I see the problem and the problem is again right here and not even with the white man or whatever you want to call him. please wake UP!!!!
Re: content deleted by tck2000(m): 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2019
hotangel2:
I see a bright future in Nigeria. Not minding the darkness in our present living.
i do too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After / Ekiti Election: Ido-Osi Local Government Poll Result Analysis: Comments Needed / EFCC Storms Abeokuta, Interrogates Ex-gov’s Allies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.