Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Prayer And Enthusiasm Brings Favorable Results - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer And Enthusiasm Brings Favorable Results (1471 Views)

A Thread For The 21 Days Prayer And Fasting of The Winners Family / When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out / I Wish You A Wonderful Christmas And A Favorable New Year With Many Blessings! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prayer And Enthusiasm Brings Favorable Results by ACKCITY: 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2012
"At last the wall was completed to half it's height around the entire city, for the people had worked with enthusiasm" Nehemiah 4:6

The story in Nehemiah chapter 2-4 took place after the Israelites had returned to Judah but were not making progress because they couldn't pray to God; they had no temple were they could make sacrifices unto God because the temple had be destroyed and the walls of Jerusalem had fallen. They couldn't build back the wall.

They were sad, lived in anguish though in their own towns. The only way out for them is to seek God's face, but how when they don't have a temple were they will pray and make sacrifices unto God. So they needed to urgently rebuild the temple and even the walls of the city to save them from enemies.

Then Nehemiah who was living in another place though also an Israelite but serving a king of another nation. He was a man after God's heart, he prayed. "O LORD, God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps His covenant of unfailing love with those who love Him and obey His commands, listen to my prayer! Look down and see me praying night and day for Your people Israel. I confess that we have sinned against you" Nehemiah 1:5-6. "Please grant me success today by making the king favorable to me. Put it into his heart to be kind to me" (1:11B)
http://www.ackcity.net/prayerandenthusiasm.htm

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors!! A Must READ!! / A House For All Sinners And Saints (pictures, Video) / Knowing The Mystery Of Christ Will End The Misery Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.