Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,917 members, 7,863,217 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Giving As A Way Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving As A Way Of Life (479 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Giving As A Way Of Life by ACKCITY: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2012
Why are many people not getting? Many people are not getting because they are not giving. Most of us would rather take than give that is why we don't get. Because we love to take but hate to give.

Some people only prefer to hear take take, they hate to hear give me. Deuteronomy 16:17, "All must give as they are able according to the blessing given them by the Lord"

Even Jesus Christ said, "It is more blessed to give than to receive". Apostle Paul confirmed this in the Book of Acts 20:35.

When I say give, I mean giving without regretting; not giving and looking for how to gain back form the same source. I mean genuine giving, not hypocritical giving.

Galatians 6:9, "And let us not be weary in well-doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not"

Many don't understand the principle behind giving, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, "But this I say, he which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall also reap bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver"

Giving is not only money; you can make pledges, give material things and there is also intellectual giving, that is giving your intellect or energy for a cause without payment.

A man of God called for a pledge in his church; a pledge of $58. He said God revealed to him that there are 58 blessings in the bible and whoever sowed a seed of $58 into the ministry would have license to any of the 58 blessings in the bible.
http://www.ackcity.net/givingasawayoflife.htm

(1) (Reply)

Thank You Lord / Pray For Nigeria, Mark Tells Jerusalem Pilgrims / A Graduate Has Been Seeking For Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.