Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. (8682 Views)

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Fatdon(m): 10:13am On Dec 10, 2012
The Governor of Delta State, Mr Emmanuel Uduaghan, has declared that the kidnapped mother of the coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance, Professor (Mrs) Kamene Okonjo, will be rescued within 24 hours.

The governor who refused to give more details on the high profile kidnap that occurred in his state, made it known that he has given the order for the immediate rescue of the Professor.

Mr Uduaghan, revealed this on our breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, where he said that “I have given the orders that she (Professor Mrs Kamene Okonjo), must be fished out within the next 24 hours.”

The Governor refused to discuss any further on the kidnap and rescue mission saying, “I don’t want to discuss about the kidnap because of the nature of the person involved.”

“Let’s just leave it at that”, he concluded.

Meanwhile, the Delta state police command says that it is on the trial of kidnappers who abducted the octogenarian Professor of Medicine.

Delta state police spokesperson, Charles Muka, said the police have information that will lead to the arrest of the kidnappers.

The oil-rich state has been a major kidnap spot for oil workers prior to the amnesty declared by late President Umaru Yar’Adua for the Niger Delta militants in 2008.

There has been a lull in such abductions in the last few years, but a number of kidnaps have been reported in the last two years.

The mother of the coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance Professor (Mrs) Kamene Okonjo, was abducted by unknown gunmen from her home in Ogwashi-Uku, Delta state at about midday on Sunday.

Confirming the kidnap, a press release signed by the Minister’s personal assistant, Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu, late on Sunday, stated that the mother of the Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was abducted from her home in Ogwashi-Uku, Delta state.

It is yet to be confirmed if those behind the kidnap, are the same people who have made threats against the coordinating minister in recent, past or other elements with hostile motives.

The kidnappers are yet to make contact with the family of the victim.

The 82-year-old monarch’s wife was said to have been abducted at about 1.47PM by a gang of armed men who seized her at the gate of the palace at Ogbe-ofu.

Her husband, Obi Chukwuka Okonjo, a retired Professor of Economics, is the traditional ruler of Ogwashi-Uku.
www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/10/okonjo-iwealas-mother-will-be-rescued-in-24-hours-uduaghan/

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by nduchucks: 10:51am On Dec 10, 2012
It appears that Uduaghan has more than an intimate knowledge of the whereabouts of the kidnappers. Police should start quizzing him and his aides to determine just how much they know about kidnapping in the region.

10 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by immortalvoices(m): 10:56am On Dec 10, 2012
The governor who refused to give more
details on the high profile kidnap that
occurred in his state, made it known that he
has given the order for the immediate rescue
of the Professor. Mr Uduaghan, revealed this on our breakfast
programme, Sunrise Daily, where he said that “I
have given the orders that she (Professor Mrs
Kamene Okonjo), must be fished out within the
next 24 hours.” The Governor refused to discuss any further

"Hmmmm Iڪ it me or do we av a misleading headline "will be rescued" or "must be fish out in 24 hrs". Maybe when a certain jack Buar or clark kent ar police officers.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by oderemo(m): 11:00am On Dec 10, 2012
lwkmd. didnt obj said same when bola ige was killed, police said same when dipo dina was killed and many more.
i await the next 23hrs with hope and despair.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Dygeasy(m): 11:07am On Dec 10, 2012
Na Im steal am? Cos dis one no be kidnapping, na stealing.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by KINGwax(m): 11:07am On Dec 10, 2012
It's easy: if na ur boys kidnap am before, jst enter room bring am out after 24hrs.
u jst want the feds to b indebted to u, sensin too many negativities are coiling around u already, and scared dt GEj, a whole shameless presido may campaign to kick u out like ur former boss.
All u did was kidnap his idol's dying mother and bring it out in 24hrs.
walahi, u try
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Tsmooth1(m): 11:09am On Dec 10, 2012
2pac is alive everyone!!! Hip Hip Hip, HURRAY!!!

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 10, 2012
He is so sure
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by rexfada(m): 11:16am On Dec 10, 2012
Why is the Governor so sure of her release in the next 24hrs, did he orchestrate the kidnap? #JustAsking

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by rooftech: 11:17am On Dec 10, 2012
e be like say na de gov nor keep de poor woman,imagine 82yrs old pdp na wa o
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 10, 2012
Why won't they just let the poor woman be.

You see one of the reasons why some people often refuse a Government position?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 10, 2012
Uduaghan! Ududaghan!! Udu aghan!! how many times did I call u? Dis is nt a good way to force urself into d good books of GEJ! U must be purnished!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by drnoel: 11:30am On Dec 10, 2012
Wonderful news, so it means Ngozi stepped on toes bigger than her own. How many other governors are in the know-how. But would this teach her a lesson in the future to thread carefully? Men, Nigeria is really a very stupid country..
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by mrrock: 11:35am On Dec 10, 2012
I woun't be suprised if the governor is behind the kidnapping of this lady. I don't trust Nigerian politicians, they can do ''anything''.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 10, 2012
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Policewoman(f): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2012
Talk is cheap. Is the police under his command? Unless he is telling us that it is his boys that kidnapped the Prof.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 10, 2012
All this because the governor wants to gain a favour from oga Jona right? Its only when ppl related to senators n ministers are kidnapped that we hear of immediate rescue
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by goryorhal(m): 11:49am On Dec 10, 2012
Na today we dey year am.....:hmmm make we dey see...5hours don go....
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Vansnickers: 11:49am On Dec 10, 2012
Musiwa, you should be able to hook us up with satellite Pictures of this woman's Whereabouts!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 10, 2012
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Profidada: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2012
My concern is the safety of this woman. Living under the shackles of kidnappers is not funny especially the trained ones. Gov uduaghan and the security agencies should be careful. They should adopt the farouk-otedola approach.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by onatisi(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
this means that the ransom has been paid,kudos to those boyz they did a good job.the police will start showing some commado moves now to do as if they carried out a rescue operation,innocent ppl will be arrested ,killed and paraded to save the govt image from shame.na wa for naija
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Abujafood: 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
Uduaghan sounds very silly when he talks like this! Now that you've made it known to the kidnappers that they'll be caught within 24 hours what do you think they'll do to avoid arrest or they'll just wait for police to just arrest them and return Prof. Okonjo in one piece?

Hate to say this but this Governor is talking like someone who's not well informed!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by onyxo76(m): 12:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
ndu_chucks: It appears that Uduaghan has more than an intimate knowledge of the whereabouts of the kidnappers. Police should start quizzing him and his aides to determine just how much they know about kidnapping in the region.
i agree with you jare.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by OMABYK: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
............corruption will always fight back.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by leboss6(m): 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
That gives the Kidnappers enough time to plan their next line of action......now they know they have less than 24 hrs
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by AkinDavid2: 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2012
I am just putting question mark after the headline..
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by joshuaidibia(m): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
hmmmm....24hrs? xcept wt d hlp of JACK BAUER!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by Egelife(m): 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
HQ: Why won't they just let the poor woman be.

You see one of the reasons why some people often refuse a Government position?
Big lie, have you ever seen someone decline a Government position in this our Nija?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by otokx(m): 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
Kidnapping and all forms of crime are bad but the government should look into provision of basic infrastructures.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by HisMajesty1(m): 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
musiwa7: grin

you make me laugh...

why dont you go to the nigeria court and see document....
who own the land.. the land is own by the benin people..

when i say something i mean, the benin people are the owners of the land...

Go and find out history, creation of local govt was by the military, if the military did not create local govt and there was no bridge built, you people would not ask me question.

even the bridge was built by balewa because awolowo was told by the oba of benin not to build the bridge because someday, the igbos may want to claim the ownership. go to the bridge, you will find a notice, this bridge was built by balewa. and it was not built by the western region

Oga wetin you dey talk no relate now.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. by solomon111(m): 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
Egelife: Big lie, have you ever seen someone decline a Government position in this our Nija?
I declined a local govt chairman position.
:-)D

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Defers Passage Of 2016 Budget To Tuesday / Jonathan's Uncle, Nitabai Regains His Freedom / EFCC Arrests And Quizzes Saidu Dakingari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.