Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria (30472 Views)

Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / K1 D Ultimate,obesere And Adewale Ayuba!who's D Real King Of Fuji Music In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by naijawhist: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2012
Every upcoming musician wants to “blow” (make it big) in the Nigerian music industry. A major question they ask at the beginning of their musical journey is how do I promote my music?
Since major record labels like Mo’hits, Kennis Music,Chocolate city and Storm records that can manage, package and promote your songs will hardly get you signed, you will need to take up responsibility as your own music promoter.
My experience shows that unlike the USA where big labels like Sony BMI, Rockafella and Young money can sign up an artiste based on raw talent, in Nigeria you will have to

showcase your talent and songs to a certain extent before you will be noticed by the music promoters, marketers and record labels.
There is the believe that without the big bucks you cannot promote your music on the radio stations which prompts thoughts like if only I had a record label/marketer/promoter.
The good thing is you can do it yourself without putting a big hole in your pocket and you do not have to rely on any record label, marketer or promoter.
Following the tips below will show you how to promote your music and get that basic exposure while also increasing your fan base.
Note that nothing good comes easy and you will need to sacrifice either in form of time, efforts, a night’s sleep just to get what you want.
Apply the tips to your success.
1. MAKE GOOD SONGS:
Sorry I cannot teach you how to write a song. I believe you are reading this because you have the talent already to compose and record a good song. The type of song you do should be targeted to an audience with a good taste in music. It does not matter the genre hip-hop,funk, rock, house, R n B, classic, alternative- whatever! You should do music to impress thousands of fans and not just your family and close friends.
ATTEND SHOWS REGULARLY:
Be it a club performance or sponsored show just be noticed. Keep your ears on the ground for upcoming shows and try to make friends with event organizers and tell them to put you on the list of performers and that you don’t mind doing it for free. Talk to the DJ at the club, give him a promo copy of your CD and encourage him to play it on his shows. You get to meet music industry people at musical shows. Build and maintain your contacts with them. You don’t know who has a marketer in Alaba or who has a friend in that radio station.
3. USE SOCIAL MEDIA:

For full article see:http://www.naijawhistle.com/how-to-promote-your-music-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by braine(m): 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2012
Noted just incase I don't find any job and I decide to hit the studio. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Techwriter: 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
In this age, the internet works like magic and it is relatively cheap and very effective. Even if you have money to go on air never neglect social media and other internet promotion avenues. You would neef time especially if u don't have money. But if you have some little bucks contract it to an agent to do. Your goal is to get more people listen to what you have to say and to get their data for further relationship. Your first album may not be good enough, but you have their contact already to reach them when you improve. Use facebook, twitter, blog, forums(like Nairaland) to achieve this

Approach differs depending on a lot of factors. The good news is that we offer FREE consultancy services to help with your online promo

2 Likes

Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Detonatorrex(m): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
just introduce a new dance step along side the song and make sure you add repeated slangs in the chorus and voila,you are good to go cool cool

1 Like

Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by nizelgirl(f): 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2012
Cool
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
Meet seun or oguguo! cheesy

They upload it on nairaland front page

1 Like

Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2012
Hmm,why music don,t you have a job?Unclad job.
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Ignatio(m): 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
Starting here won't be bad idea. One of my guys just hooked up this song. It's good and it doesn't disappoint.

Pls Download Gbalu mu Christmas- Chio http:///t4lcn9fhcfeo
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by tommysparks: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2012
wont be a bad idea to give u guys something nice to listen to as u surf.
from gracysoul a fast growing female rapper. her nu joint-swag on check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyK1p1FakzQ
http://www.scoopnaija.com/images/stories/audio/Gracysoul-swag-check_scoopnaija.com.mp3
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by vevcommedia(m): 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2012
haty
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Ezyp(m): 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2012
Whats ur definition of good music?..to sing abt girls,money,unknw enemy?....
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by a1solution: 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
I came across the below link and noticed a powerful upcoming artist (Kency White) with good tracks but it’s not yet popular. Sponsors should help this guy. The guy is hot
http://luckytechng..com/2012/10/introducing-hot-musician-kency-white.html

1 Like

Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by gurujoe(m): 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2012
am a gud musician. I hv many songs yet 2 be releasd. My challenge is dat i need a gud rapper dat can speak yoruber fluently because am gud in igbo n hausa. I want it 2 b 2 guys show jst lyk psquare, bracket et al. Plz, if u ar interested e-mail me at obillo4luv@yahoo or cal me on zer0 eight zero tree seven six eigt double two double zero let talk.
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Anubiri(m): 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2012
Afro-G in d building
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by arsenally: 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2012
braine: Noted just incase I don't find any job and I decide to hit the studio. smiley

@braine:

LOL; Excellent Plan B!
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by yungkiz(m): 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2012
gurujoe: am a gud musician. I hv many songs yet 2 be releasd. My challenge is dat i need a gud rapper dat can speak yoruber fluently because am gud in igbo n hausa. I want it 2 b 2 guys show jst lyk psquare, bracket et al. Plz, if u ar interested e-mail me at obillo4luv@yahoo or cal me on zer0 eight zero tree seven six eigt double two double zero let talk.
oboy na must u go dey 2 b4 u blow or abi na must ur yoruba laguage go dey involve 4 ur music b4 u blow... Abeg go sit down u neva talk wetin u dey find..
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by wescoBaba: 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2012
My friend is a good artist who know HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ to sing very well,he has release two track so many unrelease ones but the problem is promoter and publicity.
Pls HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ can he get hook up with any sponsor or promoter pls.contact 08051508910 or on twitter at wescoBaba,,,bbm on 237900A3,thanks friends
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by gene1(m): 6:26am On Dec 16, 2012
Incase Yu missed it;Download ''REJOICE" by 3ugene www.hulkshare.com/dl/e1ff097okfeo/Rejoice.mp3?d=1

Thank me later!!!
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by eduson77(m): 6:45am On Dec 16, 2012
Good article sha,

but you need elaborate more on ''how to be a good singer and as well as being creative'' b'cus i cant see in in most of them.

our music industry(hip hop) is kinda one sided..screaming and shouting all along without reasonable meaning.
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 1:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
wescoBaba: My friend is a good artist who know HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ to sing very well,he has release two track so many unrelease ones but the problem is promoter and publicity.
Pls HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ can he get hook up with any sponsor or promoter pls.contact 08051508910 or on twitter at wescoBaba,,,bbm on 237900A3,thanks friends

Bro check my signature link
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Ignatio(m): 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2012
Revolva:

Bro check my signature link and also http://hypepreneur..com to see our promotion packages -start small

Office.
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 16, 2012
wescoBaba: My friend is a good artist who know HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ to sing very well,he has release two track so many unrelease ones but the problem is promoter and publicity.
Call dan on 08169054155.bbm on 26bfad35.ud b glad u did.I'm derin.
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by ncpat(m): 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2012
Latest Azonto Song

Listen HERE

Download HERE
````````````````````

Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Icekidibekwe(m): 12:16am On Dec 17, 2012
gurujoe: am a gud musician. I hv many songs yet 2 be releasd. My challenge is dat i need a gud rapper dat can speak yoruber fluently because am gud in igbo n hausa. I want it 2 b 2 guys show jst lyk psquare, bracket et al. Plz, if u ar interested e-mail me at obillo4luv@yahoo or cal me on zer0 eight zero tree seven six eigt double two double zero let talk.
am a gud rapper......am gud in dat........email me BOOKICEKID@LIVE.COM or call me 08104269574
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by kingsrod: 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2012
http://www./R303ZA

please download and let me have your thoughts..am the producer
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by vevcommedia(m): 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2012
kingsrod: http://www./R303ZA

please download and let me have your thoughts..am the producer

link wasn't working, check it
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Kk4(m): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
i download this song i cant get it out my head. funky hook... /p1kthM-1iR thank me later
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by naijabambam(m): 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
Well, was surfing the net and I came across this Post.
Promoting your music is much more easier nowadays, there are alot of online blogs and websites / Promoters that do that.

Before I proceed, you can check here on the 14 STEPS to take to Promote yourself https://www.nairaland.com/1173091/14-tips-upcoming-artistes-move

You can also check this website http://www.naijabambam.com , they upload upcoming artistes song majorly, interact with them via @NaijaBamBam
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by Marizu50(m): 10:14am On Mar 25, 2013
Agarta -Download my sick track Agarta By your boy Rizu (show some support peeps) - http://www.hulkshare.com/e16pamvcnim8 gimme them comments .
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by isaco(m): 2:03am On Apr 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bno_rCD_xyI watch dis lovely video from Royalman, So nice! Danceable Alujo Yoruba juju beat
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria by vevcommedia(m): 12:04am On Jun 02, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Kizz Daniel - "Ada" / Oya Dab Is Not A Cult Slang, Here Is The Real Meaning / Davido Ft R. Kelly – If (remix) (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.