Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,780 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:42 AM

Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? (1902 Views)

Female Bodybuilders Before And After - Affects Of Steriods / Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof / Clemens Westerhof Says Siasia, Amokachi, Oliseh Are Baby Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 8:47pm On Feb 22, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
You want Chad Johnson and Randy Moss in the same thing hmm thats what they call long throat so whats the latest with Belichick and his spygate issues grin grin?

hehe grin na longthroat indeed! grin I would love the "fun" aspect Chad would bring but I sense Belicheck might squash that out of him cheesy
and speaking of Bill, he gave an interview to the globe that he apologized for the embarrasment and punishment he caused to the team and now those jobless congress senators have been talking to Goodell 'bout why he destroyed the tapes and i think they scheduled an "inquiry sometime next mth?. . . frankly I think they're tryn to beat a dead horse back to life.

As for Roger he sounds guilty but i don't think anything would happen he would lose his cred no Hall of fame thats for sure but besides that i just feel this case might just be swept under the carpet
  under which carpet? big hell to the no! after the way Bonds was publicly crucified, the least they must now do is crucify Clemens too. Or else Jesse Jackson and Sharpton must bring their hypocritical selves out for a "just cause".

Roger must also accept some asterisks next to at least 5 cy young awards. ***** I cannot stand the greed and arrogance he exudes  angry
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by doyin13(m): 12:26am On Feb 23, 2008
JeSoul:

hehe grin na longthroat indeed! grin I would love the "fun" aspect Chad would bring but I sense Belicheck might squash that out of him cheesy
and speaking of Bill, he gave an interview to the globe that he apologized for the embarrasment and punishment he caused to the team and now those jobless congress senators have been talking to Goodell 'bout why he destroyed the tapes and i think they scheduled an "inquiry sometime next mth?. . . frankly I think they're tryn to beat a dead horse back to life.

Congress is standing up for solid American principles in inquiring into the taping saga.

Congress always stands up against Special Interests when fundamental Constitutional principles are endangered.

And there is no beigger special interest in american sports than the New England Patriots angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2008
wow Doyin! you're such a hater! angry
It's okay, I forgive you! smiley

doyin13:

Congress is standing up for solid American principles in inquiring into the taping saga.
*Sneezes and Coughs*
Did you just say congress is standing up for "solid american principles" by inquiring 'bout the taping? shocked Nah I think you musta mis-typed.

Congress always stands up against Special Interests when fundamental Constitutional principles are endangered.
shocked shocked shocked you musta been kidding here right? The only thing congress stands up for is to collect their paychecks and in this instance put their face/names in the media. If it doesn't profit them they won't do it. So don't think for one second they actually care.

And there is no beigger special interest in american sports than the New England Patriots angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
The Pats organization is one of if not the most well-run and structured sports orgs. They're no richer than the one next door in NY and Dallas etc. . . they don't hoarde the best players in the leauge and then flaunt it, they don't make noise and cause trouble, the only reason you and others hate them is becos they work hard and WIN! why is that such a turn off?
and why are you sipping hatorade simply becos they run their company well? If you're going to accuse NE, accuse NY and Dallas and SD and GB and every team in the NFL! no prejudice!
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 8:44pm On Feb 29, 2008
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/02/28/clemens.fbi.ap/index.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The FBI took up the Roger Clemens case Thursday, told by the Justice Department to investigate whether the star pitcher lied when he testified to Congress he never took performance-enhancing drugs.

The FBI's involvement was announced one day after the leaders of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee told Attorney General Michael Mukasey they weren't sure whether Clemens told the truth under oath at a Feb. 5 deposition and Feb. 13 public hearing.

A probe could result in charges against the seven-time Cy Young Award winner for perjury, making false statements or obstruction of justice. Congress did not ask for a similar investigation of Brian McNamee, the former personal trainer who testified under oath that he injected Clemens with steroids and human growth hormone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger the heat is officially on! confess now Oh!
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2008
For the few baseball heads in here smiley here's latest update in the Clemens Saga:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3472451

Filing claims syringes will test positive for Clemens' DNA
Tests of syringes and other steroid paraphernalia that trainer Brian McNamee submitted to federal agents will test positive for Roger Clemens' DNA, according to a brief filed in court by McNamee's lawyers.

The paraphernalia, including syringes and bloodied gauze pads, "will test positive for Clemens's DNA," the brief asserts. "Once the DNA results are revealed, there will be little dispute about who is telling the truth."

E-mail and voice mail messages left Thursday for Clemens' lead attorney, Rusty Hardin, and two other lawyers in Hardin's office were not immediately returned.

Only a matter of time before this time bomb explodes in Rogers face. . . why won't he just confess now and save himself the everlasting shame and disgrace?

What will be intresting to see too is if he is demonized the same way Bonds was.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by A40(m): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2008
@Jesoul
I seriously wonder why he hasnt confessed well i guess thats a sign of a good thief i just hope he doesnt go the Marion Jones route and does some time
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by doyin13(m): 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2008
I hardly keep abreast of baseball anymore sha. . . .

But the baseball world has turned on its head. . . . .The Devil Rays leading
Yankess and Red Sox shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oh well. . . . .Baseball is one of the few democratic sports out there.

As per Roger. . . . . .he reminds me of an old law professor of mine.
His mantra was- - - - - - - - - -- -Deny Deny Deny. . . . . . .In fact deny your mother.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
I seriously wonder why he hasnt confessed well i guess thats a sign of a good thief i just hope he doesnt go the Marion Jones route and does some time
I'm willing to bet he will end up doing some quality time smiley. If there's one thing the Feds love doing, its to crucify famous figures who think they're untouchable.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2008
doyin13:

I hardly keep abreast of baseball anymore sha. . . .

But the baseball world has turned on its head. . . . .The Devil Rays leading
Yankess and Red Sox shocked shocked shocked shocked
upside down indeed oh! The Rays days at #1 are numbered cool

Oh well. . . . .Baseball is one of the few democratic sports out there.

As per Roger. . . . . .he reminds me of an old law professor of mine.
His mantra was- - - - - - - - - -- -Deny Deny Deny. . . . . . .In fact deny your mother.
Na so Marion Jones deny deny deny, along with Floyd Landis, and other steroid freaks. . . as the bible says "there is nothing hidden under the sun that will not be exposed". If it were me I would just confess and beg forgiveness, that way you retain your integrity and people will have sympathy.

Clemens thinks he's immortal and a god . . . he's about to be rudely awakened from that fantasy.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by A40(m): 7:09pm On Jul 08, 2008
His arrogance is what is ticking me off maybe he thinks he can pull of an O.J lets just see how things go

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja / Futbol24.ga Free Correct Predictions For Today 02/11/2017 / New Hoover Board For Sale. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.