Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? (1438 Views)

Nmr Intercontinental Limited / Intercontinental Bank Plc Recruiting / Vacancies At Intercontinental Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by anslina: 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2008
hi,nairalanders.i am one of the 75 candidates that attended the medical test for E.T (intercontinental bank) in sept. 2007 northeast,northwest region in kano.42 candidates were invited for training which ended some weeks ago in kano.The point is,what is the faith of those of us that have not been called?All efforts to hear something reliable from them is abortive.Family members,if anybody has any reliable infomation about us,please say something and if anybody can speak with them maybe they will hear you on this no.064939716 (human resources).
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by pewekac: 8:53am On Feb 15, 2008
i must admit this info is scary. to be dropped (apparently) after medicals implies, ?
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by aristole(m): 11:29am On Feb 15, 2008
@poster.
Check the difference btw FATE and FAITH.
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by ratiken(m): 11:54am On Feb 15, 2008
I might agree with Pewekac on that

But on the other hand, 33 is a large number to be dropped after medicals. There may be other undertones to it than my fears.
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by jendordino(m): 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2008
hello NAIRALANDER,
THOSE 42 CANDIDATE THAT WERE CALLED WERE ACTUALLY KANO
INDIGENE. SOURCE THISDAY PAGE SUMTIMES LASTWEEEK.
The poster i wish you all the best
just exercise patient and keep praying
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by jendordino(m): 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2008
hello NAIRALANDER,
THOSE 42 CANDIDATE  THAT WERE CALLED WERE ACTUALLY KANO
INDIGENE. SOURCE THISDAY PAGE SUMTIMES LASTWEEEK.
The poster i wish you all the best
just exercise patient and keep praying
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by AKOMBOGBE: 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2008
we should just pray and hope that, our case shouldn't be thesame with that of kano.from the reliable information i got is that IBPLC, needs alot of people and we should hope dat, they are going take all people dat will pass their medicals.
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by pappycus: 4:52pm On Feb 15, 2008
what could be the meaning of this, 44 out of 75, and no communiction, what do they expect people to feel
well for the issue of FEAR
BANKS DONT DROP PEOPLE because OF HIV
ITS DISCRIMINATIONAND THEY WONT DO SUCH,
THEY DONT SCREEN BLOOD FOR AIDS
THEY DO CBC(COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT)
ASTHMA
DIABETICS AND OTHER STRESS RELATED ILLINESS
SO MY PEOPLE LET NO ONE MAKE U SCARED,

BUT AS FOR THIS ONE ITS JUST FUNNY WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by anslina: 11:43am On Feb 16, 2008
i was priviledged to see one of the referal letter given to one of us,a female,for medicals,they ran 1.hiv status test 2.pregnancy test 3.comparative general test.and the recruitment is zonal not a kano thing,because my friends from kaduna,katsina,adamawa etc were trained.the 33 of us not called is not connected to health or zone.
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by guyman2(m): 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2008
Ibplc does not do hiv test during medicals. It is a criminal offence to go ahead and conduct this test without the knowledge of the person involved.
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by ebitim(m): 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2008
i do beleive 33 is a large number to drop, have faith since the others just rounded up there training i believe you and the others will be called up for your training. and guyman inter does run test on your HIV status i was able to see mine for i was scared shit when i spoke with one of the doctors and lab assitants and they told me that the blood taken was for CBC and HIV but if one test positive they will contact the person the next day after your test. the code name they gave HIV test is RETRO and is on the form they sent.
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by guyman2(m): 2:21am On Feb 18, 2008
@ ebitim. I actually saw retro viral on the form handed to me by the doctor for the test. I have been very scared since then. Since i did my test two weeks ago without hearing from HSH, should I take it that I was successful? Secondly, are there being fair to us to subject us to this test without our knowledge and the counselling that goes with it?
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by ebitim(m): 10:55am On Feb 18, 2008
if you were not contacted by havana it means nothing do you.
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by guyman2(m): 11:12am On Feb 18, 2008
@ebitim. I'm not ungrateful. Thank you so very much. When are we actually expecting the training school calls?
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by pewekac: 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2008
yeah 42 people; just found the below about their training. hope dey for we jos people, but i hope its not a north-central state of origin thing sha.

Nigeria: Bank Recruits 42 Northern Graduates

Daily Trust (Abuja)

Daily Trust (Abuja)

11 February 2008
Posted to the web 11 February 2008

Jaafar Jaafar
Kano

Intercontinental Bank Plc has trained and recruited 42 fresh northern graduates, with a view to creating more employment opportunities for fresh graduates in the region and improving customer service efficiency of the bank.

The training, which, according to the bank, is first of its kind conducted by the bank in its Kano Training School, is not only aimed at enhancing customer service delivery but also aimed at creating employment opportunities for people of the region.

Speaking at the closing ceremony of the executive trainees graduation, the Group Chief Executive Officer of the bank, Mr Erastus Akingbola, who was represented by the Executive Director, Operations, Alhaji Sheriff Yusuf, said the recruitment of staff of northern extraction would further improve the bank's activities in the north and give room to providing employment in the north.

He said the executive trainees have undergone a rigorous training that has exposed them to the rudiments banking industry, adding the quality of the training given by the bank is 'first class training that can make them conquer the challenges inherent in the banking sector.'

While urging them to be committed to their tasks, he said that the bank's watchword is "I can do it", and whoever tries to stand out among his peers, according to the banks ED, he would be adequately rewarded.

He however noted that the recruitment is an ongoing process, as they are ready to double the number of the executive-training graduands as they have more branches currently under construction. He added that he would use the medium to call on the government agency responsible to forward the CVs of qualified graduates for the management's consideration.

The executive director further stated that the bank is deeply committed to corporate social responsibility, which is exemplified by the numerous projects it did to its host state, reveling that the bank would continue with the gesture.

Responding, the state governor, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, who was represented by the state Head of Service, Alhaji Rabi'u Zakariyya, thanked the bank for the gesture of employing many Kano State indigenes and its commitment to its social responsibility, which according to him, earned the bank prestige and respect in the eyes of the state government.

He added that the state government has noted with much delight the bank's numerous initiatives, one of which is the provision of employment opportunities to the state's graduates, saying government will continue to support the bank and also maintain its cordial relationship with the bank.

While presenting certificates to the executive trainee graduands, a member of the bank's board of directors, Alhaji Isyaku Umar Tofa, congratulated them for "joining the Intercontinental family", adding that the bank rewards hard work, dedication to service and probity.
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by guyman2(m): 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2008
Pray fervently.
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by pappycus: 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2008
h
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by asaajuomo1(m): 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2008
kEEP PRAYING, You can still be call for the next training.
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by buranja: 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2008
men aint this somehin,anyhowz sha na god o! good luck to y"all
Re: Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith? by pewekac: 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2008
so anslina were you finally called for training among those to resume April 7th in Kano?

(1) (Reply)

Bank Test Inlagos Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh / Zenith Bank's Calling / Un Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.