Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? (28433 Views)

Poll: Evolution or Creation? vote!

Evolution: 23% (27 votes)
Creation: 66% (75 votes)
Something Else: 9% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Evolution Or Creationism,which Sounds More Logical? / Evolution Or Intelligent Design / Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by exu(m): 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2006
This thread has well and truely opened my eyes as to how ignorant people can be.

Thanks guys.
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by kimba(m): 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2006
@Fluffy
Preach it on sister,

BY THE WAY HAVE YOU PEOPLE NOTICED HOW EVOLUTION STOPPED TAKING PLACE, WHILE CREATION CONTINUES IN OUR DAILY LIVES

Didnt you know that the evolution-algorithm stopped somewhere. It got a memory failure like my old computer.

The best part is Gods-Algorithm still works:

It worked from Adam to Jesus,
It worked from Jesus to Calvary,
It has been working since Jesus death till today. grin grin grin grin

And besides just in case anyone never knew:

1) Not those who lived before those who lived and penciled down the evolution theory - the couldn't beat it.
2) Not the people who penciled down the evolution theory, because they were not there when the evoution was taking place, its only a theory, they too could not beat it.
3) Not those who believe in the evolution theory, because they were not there when those who penciled it down were penciling it down. They only read about it, they couldn't beat it.
4) Not anyone, not you, not you, not you, because you can't beat it.

No one has beaten, can beat, will beat this fact:
[size=18pt]GOD IS THE GREATEST SCIENTIST,
HE CREATED EVERYTHING OUT OF NOTHING!!!
[/
[/size]

Reason:

Where is the live, concrete, human evidence of the evolution theory? - it hasnt been found.
Where is the live, concrete, human evidence of God's creation theory? Adam, get to Heaven and ask him.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by nferyn(m): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2006
Fluffy:

If people that claim to be christians still believe in evolution I must say they are lost! sad
So you're the arbiter of truth on everything Christian. You know things beter than e.g. the Pope?

Fluffy:

The bible clearly states that Adam and Eve were created from the dust of the earth and that is how life began.
On who's authority do you make these claims? What's your evidence?

Fluffy:

Evolutionist claim God first created apes or apes appeared on earth and started changing into humans and everything just popped up from nowhere. shocked
Funny, but that's not what [i]evolutionists [/i]think. Go and read the Berkeley site before your make any claims on what [i]evolutionists [/i]believe

Fluffy:

BY THE WAY HAVE YOU PEOPLE NOTICED HOW EVOLUTION STOPPED TAKING PLACE, WHILE CREATION CONTINUES IN OUR DAILY LIVES grin grin grin
It hasn't stopped taking place. Ever heard of AIDS and why we're having trouble finding a cure? The HIV virus evolves too fast for us to find an easy cure.
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by my2cents(m): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2006
Fluffy,

Though I don't necessarily believe in evolution, I wouldn't necessarily say that "stopped taking place". Let us start by defining evolution. dictionary.com defines it as, "A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form". Given this, surely you can't say that evolution has "stopped taking place".

For example, back in the day, we used firewood to provide fire. Generally speaking, most humans have evolved from using firewood to using some form of cooker. That to me is evolution. That is, the process of cooking has evolved from using firewood to using a cooker of some sort.

I can just hear you saying "well, your example applies to a thing and not humans", Well then, allow me to retort grin At some point, humans used firewood. Though this is in itself complex (how to set up the wood, lighting the wood, etc), at some point, our brains had to evolve to the point of figurin out how to capture the fire in a form that would prevent large scale deforestation. In my opinion, this is pretty complex, as if you don't bottle the gas under certain conditions, it could blow in your face. How about mail. Were you around when mailing things overseas would take up to 6 months? Now UPS can deliver within a week. The point at which someone figured this out, to me, is an evolutionary process.

So to reiterate, the process by which we all came to be (beginning with "big bang"wink may be in doubt. However, as humans we are evolving daily.

Just my 2 cents wink
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by my2cents(m): 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2006
to follow up on my previous post:

We should be careful when it comes to defeding our beliefs. We can't just say something just because that is what we have been taught from Sunday School. We should be able to study all the evidence on anything in front of us and draw our own conclusions without that conclusion shaking our faith. If at the end, your faith is shaken, then perhaps the foundation for such faith is in question.

Again, just my 2 cents grin
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by nferyn(m): 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2006
Kimba,

Evidence for Human evolution
Explanation of Evolution, just in case you want to find out what exactly you're rejecting grin

By the way, since when is it the purpose of scientists to create things? Seems like you need to learn what science is as well.
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by Rhodalyn(f): 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2006
this is wht i believe
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by kimba(m): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2006
@nferyn
On who's authority do you make these claims? What's your evidence?

God's authority, is there another authority more supreme?

It hasn't stopped taking place. Ever heard of AIDS and why we're having trouble finding a cure? The HIV virus evolves too fast for us to find an easy cure.
So is having AIDS your long-term goal. Lets make it shorter, go get injected with the virus itself, then we'll see how you'll evolve into human-being third-party  grin grin

And if you evolve into something more handsome than you presently are grin, think about all the goodies that could come out of it: we'll make history grin grin we'll be featured on CNN, we'll tour the world, grin

Our article will look like this:
"A first in the world, scientists from the nairaland.com forum have successfully proven that God did not create Man. They have proven the evolution theory in all its ramifications. The Chief whip of the group, a certain Kimba reports that after the Specimen, a certain Nferyn injected himself with the HIV virus, he has suddenly bloomed into what is called "Human-being-third-party". He has 5 arms, 4-legs, and is currently labelled as the most handsome man in the world!!!. According to reports,, " grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by Rhodalyn(f): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2006
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by KAG: 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2006
kimba:

@KAGIf only you knew how to read very well, you would have noted i used "god" instead of "God".

Oh, I'm pretty sure I know how to read, and I noticed your little "g", but unlike you, I use a big "G" when discussing any God(s), peculiar habit, don't ask.

FYI:
I worship a Living God. He sent us His only Son, Jesus.
I'm sure you believe that

1) Since you are not a Christian, you wont understand. sorry,

Amazing, i still get somewhat amused when I run across christians who still believe that unbelief in their religion, automatically implies some kind of idiocy.

2) It becomes worse, that since you say you evolved from Apes, i mean you still can't understand. im really sorry.
sad sad

Mock sympathy, how trite. By the way, you didn't answer my question. You are a mammal, does that mean you worship a mammal god?

on a more serious note: methinks, it should be the Apes that should be craving to be Humans, and not viceversa. Do you thinks Apes and their likes gather together in their forests, discussing a topic like this, don't you think they should be getting angry that they did not evolve completely(if to be a man is the definition of completeness).

Its sometimes funny how people will just want to drag themselves on the floor.

it's sometimes funny how some people can't understand simple concepts like, the simple classification of animals, which incidentally includes humans.

Lets see if I can explain. Humans are animals, that doesn't mean we aren't what we are, humans are mammals, that doesn't exclude the handiwork of a God. Humans are apes, that doesn't mean humans are chimps, nor does it mean gorillas are humans.[quote][/quote]
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by KAG: 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2006
Fluffy:

If people that claim to be christians still believe in evolution I must say they are lost! sad

Good to know, I'm sure geocentrist feel the same about you (I'm of course assuming you hold to a heliocentric planetatry system), and i suspect the flat earthists know you are lost too.

The bible clearly states that Adam and Eve were created from the dust of the earth and that is how life began.

Except the bible is not a science textbook.

Evolutionist claim God first created apes or apes appeared on earth and started changing into humans and everything just popped up from nowhere. shocked

Really? Which evolutionists?

BY THE WAY HAVE YOU PEOPLE NOTICED HOW EVOLUTION STOPPED TAKING PLACE, WHILE CREATION CONTINUES IN OUR DAILY LIVES grin grin grin

No I haven't noticed evolution stopping. But on creation continuing, I haven't seen anybody get formed from dust lately, nor have I seen birds appear ex nihilo, have you?
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by Fluffy(f): 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2006
my2cents:

We should be careful when it comes to defeding our beliefs. We can't just say something just because that is what we have been taught from Sunday School. We should be able to study all the evidence on anything in front of us and draw our own conclusions without that conclusion shaking our faith. If at the end, your faith is shaken, then perhaps the foundation for such faith is in question.

Again, just my 2 cents grin

From what I see I'm not sure where you stand. If you are a christian a follower of Christ you must be able to stand up for what you believe in, not be careful.
The fact that you need evidence simply tells me your faith is already shaken coz you are not sure of what you believe and need evidence to back you up!

Darling if you are a christian, I pray for the holy spirit to intervene and open your eyes to what the christian faith is all about.  smiley
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by kimba(m): 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2006
@KAG
Amazing, i still get somewhat amused when I run across christians who still believe that unbelief in their religion, automatically implies some kind of idiocy.
Sorry sir, religion is in the dictonary, living a life with God as the partner in the relationship is what im talking about. God is the source of all knowledge. If you don't believe in God, you can't understand simple things, plain and simple.

it's sometimes funny how some people can't understand simple concepts like, the simple classification of animals, which incidentally includes humans.

Lets see if I can explain. Humans are animals, that doesn't mean we aren't what we are, humans are mammals, that doesn't exclude the handiwork of a God.  Humans are apes, that doesn't mean humans are chimps, nor does it mean gorillas are humans.
Dont bother explaining, I perfectly understand whatever concept you might want to throw around, and I know where you are coming from and exactly where you are going. Ive been there, its a deep tunnel without an end, not even if you continue falling for 365days a year. God reached out to me, and led me back to the surface. Now, I know I was created. Its a whole new world.

God created the animals, male and female created He them.
God created Man in His Own Image.
(dont you get the difference).
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by KAG: 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2006
kimba:

@Fluffy
Preach it on sister,

Indeed.

Reason:

Where is the live, concrete, human evidence of the evolution theory? - it hasnt been found.
Where is the live, concrete, human evidence of God's creation theory? Adam, get to Heaven and ask him.

grin grin grin grin grin

Look up endogeneous retroviral insertions, transitinal species like homo erectus, "Lucy", genetic similarities, etc. By the way, I'm glad you realise there's no evidence for the creation "theory".
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2006
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by Fluffy(f): 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2006
@KAG

I would rather believe in the holy bible rather than a science book for the simple fact that the bible makes more sense.
Try reading it from Genesis and you might actually notice that it's inspired by the Holy spirit, Oh I'm sorry do you know what that is?  lipsrsealed

The reason you haven't seen any people being formed from dust is because after Adam, Eve was created from Adam's rib and those two started having kids as it still continues to happen today. Oh buy the way that is also written in the book of Genesis the kids were named Kain and Abel  kiss
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by KAG: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2006
kimba:

@KAGSorry sir, religion is in the dictonary, living a life with God as the partner in the relationship is what im talking about.

It's still a religion.

God is the source of all knowledge. If you don't believe in God, you can't understand simple things, plain and simple.

Well, if you are evidence of the "knowledge from God", then I'm glad I escaped with a working brain.

Dont bother explaining, I perfectly understand whatever concept you might want to throw around,

You didn't seem to.

and I know where you are coming from and exactly where you are going.

No you don't

Ive been there, its a deep tunnel without an end, not even if you continue falling for 365days a year. God reached out to me, and led me back to the surface. Now, I know I was created. Its a whole new world.

I'm happy for you

God created the animals, male and female created He them.
God created Man in His Own Image.
(don't you get the difference).

I guess I should ask the still unanswered question, You are a mammal, does that mean you worship a God that's a mammal?
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by kimba(m): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2006
@KAG
Look up endogeneous retroviral insertions, transitinal species like homo erectus, "Lucy", genetic similarities, etc. By the way, I'm glad you realise there's no evidence for the creation "theory".

Yes, I have read them, but I dont need them. They aint got no inspiration, no basis, no evidence, no truth.
My Bible is good enough, it was written through the inspiration of God.  grin grin
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free, from the evolution theory,

You didn't read my post:

If you dont make it to Heaven, you wont hear the details of our discussion forum with Adam. grin grin
There'll be too many things to talk about up-there.  grin grin grin
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by KAG: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2006
Fluffy:

@KAG

I would rather believe in the holy bible rather than a science book for the simple fact that the bible makes more sense.

Okay, but so you know, christainity and science are not mutually exclusive. More christains accept evolution than atheists.

Try reading it from Genesis and you might actually notice that it's inspired by the Holy spirit, Oh I'm sorry do you know what that is? lipsrsealed

The reason you haven't seen any people being formed from dust is because after Adam, Eve was created from Adam's rib and those two started having kids as it still continues to happen today. Oh buy the way that is also written in the book of Genesis the kids were named Kain and Abel kiss

Please don't patronise me. I've read Genesis, and I doubt it was inspired by a celestial being. Just to be sure, there's no evidence man was created from dust, and Eve fro his rib, except from what's written in an ancient book?
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by Fluffy(f): 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2006
Okay whateva, but I'm sorry I realy did not mean to patronise you smiley
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by KAG: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2006
kimba:

@KAG
Yes, I have read them, but I don't need them.

With all due respect, I believe you are lying.

They aint got no inspiration, no basis, no evidence, no truth.
My Bible is good enough, it was written through the inspiration of God. grin grin
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free, from the evolution theory,

You didn't read my post:
If you don't make it to Heaven, you wont hear the details of our discussion forum with Adam. grin grin
There'll be too many things to talk about up-there. grin grin grin

So, on the one hand, we have a scientific theory based on facts, evidence and reasoning, and on the other we have the opposition who have claimed they have a (scientific?) theory, but the evidence can only be gotten in the afterlife. I do believe some wise words from St. Augustine (A.D. 354-430) are applicable here:

Often a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other parts of the world, about the motions and orbits of the stars and even their sizes and distances,, and this knowledge he holds with certainty from reason and experience. It is thus offensive and disgraceful for an unbeliever to hear a Christian talk nonsense about such things, claiming that what he is saying is based in Scripture. We should do all that we can to avoid such an embarrassing situation, lest the unbeliever see only ignorance in the Christian and laugh to scorn.

- St. Augustine, "De Genesi ad litteram libri duodecim" (The Literal Meaning of Genesis).

Fluffy:

Okay whateva, but I'm sorry I realy did not mean to patronise you smiley

No problem, water under the bridge, and all that.
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by dakmanzero(m): 4:51pm On Apr 25, 2006
JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE!!!!

stop this insanity!!!!

this is not a discussion! Its just two sets of people blowing their respective trumpets and REFUSING TO LISTEN TO EACH OTHER!!!!

look, people. Learning science is not for everyone. If you already learnt it, GREAT!!!! GO ON TO DO GREAT THINGS!!!! the rest of the masses are CONTENT WITH SIMPLE SPIRITUAL EXPLANATIONS!!!!!  with what you know about science, the idea of man being created out of a dust statue and 'breathed into' may sound like COMPLETE ARRANT NONSENSE, but to the guy who has NEITHER THE TIME NOR INCLINATION  to read about extended phenotypes IT IS A SIMPLE, SHORT AND QUICK ANSWER TO THE QUESTION HE HAS IN HIS HEAD!!!!!! DO NOT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HIM!!!!! IF YOU KEEP TRYING HE WILL PICK UP A GUN AND SHOOT YOU!!!!!

Plus it fuels his ego!

NFERYN, KA1, TV01, IF YOU HAD A CHOICE WOULDN'T YOU RATHER BE DIVINE SONS OF GOD THAN A MONKEY'S NEPHEW? Obviously if you had a choice, YOU WOULD!!!! the fact that basic science proves it that that is preposterous means NOTHING to a person  THAT CANNOT GRASP THE CONCEPTS OF BASIC SCIENCE AND LOGIC IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

seperate the spiritual from the physical. For the purposes of my spiritual health, I am a wonderful creation of God, made in his Image. I will attain spiritual upliftment and who knows? a comfortable afterlife by believing in this. However when pondering the physiological origins of thumb articulation, I will pick up my science book and derive my answer from the theory of evolution!

the spiritual and the physical are not in the same realm. attempting to reconcile them is an excercise in futility!
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by kimba(m): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2006
@KAG
rather than replying my posts with one-liners, you could just put everything together in a good paragraph, grin

It's still a religion
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-10782.0.html

I guess I should ask the still unanswered question, You are a mammal, does that mean you worship a God that's a mammal?
As I said, you dont understand.

Eph 4:18 - Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart.

Someone who didnt understand 2+2 in grade 1 shouldnt expect to understand Advanced Mathematics.  
But let God speak for Himself:

Ps 10:4 - The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
Ps 14:1 - The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Isa 40:28 - Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
Isa 44:8 - Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
Isa 45:5 - I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
Ro 13:1 -Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by nferyn(m): 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2006
kimba:

[SNIP]
Someone who didnt understand 2+2 in grade 1 shouldnt expect to understand Advanced Mathematics.
[SNIP]
Let's assume for arguments sake that God does exist. Under that assumption, how do you know that your quotes are coming from God? How do you verify the fact that they come from God? What leads you to that conclusion?
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by kimba(m): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2006
@darkmanzero
NFERYN, KA1, TV01, IF YOU HAD A CHOICE WOULDN'T YOU RATHER BE DIVINE SONS OF GOD THAN A MONKEY'S NEPHEW?

O Boy, u harsh o, i didnt know say Monkey dey get Nephew!!!!!!!
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by nferyn(m): 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2006
dakmanzero:

NFERYN, KA1, TV01, IF YOU HAD A CHOICE WOULDN'T YOU RATHER BE DIVINE SONS OF GOD THAN A MONKEY'S NEPHEW? Obviously if you had a choice, YOU WOULD!!!!
Obviously, but I don't take my wishes for granted and choose not to live in phantasyland.
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by dakmanzero(m): 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2006
@nferyn read the rest of my comment!

Im not saying that just because you want it, it is true!

I'm saying that IF IT WAS POSSIBLE YOU WOULD PREFER IT!

now put yourself in the shoes opf a guy who does not want to bother himself learning science!

he just wants a quick explanation that will give him inner peace!

you get where I'm coming from now, shey?
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by kimba(m): 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2006
@Nferyn
Let's assume for arguments sake that God does exist. Under that assumption, how do you know that your quotes are coming from God? How do you verify the fact that they come from God? What leads you to that conclusion?

A life based on assumptions is dangerous. God exists, thats the truth. Now, lets talk. I am not a Christian because of somebody else. My defense of the Christian faith is based on personal proof. My understanding was darkened before I allowed God into my picture. My horizon was small and bleak before, now its all light and glory. I understand science very well, but it has a limit. Its not fool proof.

Science is good, we learn from it. A young mind needs to get educated, and we've gotta start somewhere, and there is Science, but Science is not everything. While still relating to one another with Science in our minds, God, the author of Science should not be thrown away. Why should a child grow up and believe that he knows more than his father?
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by KAG: 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2006
kimba:

@KAG
rather than replying my posts with one-liners, you could just put everything together in a good paragraph, grin

I find it easier to respond and stress a point, when I separate longish posts.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-10782.0.html
As I said, you don't understand.

I do understand, but like the definition of ape, it seems you unsurprisingly do not understand the definition of religion:

"religion noun 1 a belief in, or the worship of, a god or gods. 2 a particular system of belief or worship, such as Christianity or Judaism." It even falls uder the the colloquial usage of religion: 23 colloq anything to which one is totally devoted and which rules one's life" (http://www.chambersharrap.co.uk/chambers/chref/chref.py/main?query=religion&title=21st&sourceid=Mozilla-search). So once again, christianity is a religion.

Indeed, that's probably why explaining scientific theories to you, might be an exercise in futility smiley. But yes, let God speak for herself.

Ps 10:4 - The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
Ps 14:1 - The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Both from the pslamist.

Isa 40:28 - Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
Isa 44:8 - Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
Isa 45:5 - I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

All credited to Isaiah.

Ro 13:1 -Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

And finally, Paul. When God's ready to speak for herself, I'm sure she can give me a call, she knows where I live (being Omniscient and all that.)
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by Fluffy(f): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2006
@KAG

God wil not speak to you just to convince you that He exists. He is too wise for that, next thing you will ask Him to change stones into bread when you are hungry and it does not work that way.

However He personally speaks to those who love adore and worship Him, but it does not mean you are not important to Him. there will come a time in your life when you will have a personal encounter with Him or when His Holy spirit will touch you.

Because regardless of who you are or wether you believe in Him, God wants you to have fellowship with Him.
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by kimba(m): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2006
@KAG
I do understand, but like the definition of ape, it seems you unsurprisingly do not understand the definition of religion
Thanks for your dictionary definitions, but note, its only dictionary definitions. God did not intend that man take "religion" as the end of the road, God did not intend that it be relegated to a piece-of-paper affair ". He intends that man have a meaningful relationship with Him. See the kind of relationship God intended to have with Man right there at Eden, when God comes down in the cool of the day to talk, and have fellowship with man. After man sinned, he had to make sacrifices to appease God. Christ came as the ultimate sacrifice, but still man wont believe in Him. Isnt it sad that God has been doing everything to reach out to man, since Eden, yet man would rejects. Anyway, theres still time to believe. Make hay while the sun shines.

I just quoted those references, Psalms, Isaiah and Paul from my head, if you want me to do a Genesis to Revelation detail, just pick your Bible and read. grin grin

And finally, Paul. When God's ready to speak for herself, I'm sure she can give me a call, she knows where I live (being Omniscient and all that.)
If God would give you a personal call, you'll be preaching Jesus on NL tomorrow morning.  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? by clemsonfan(m): 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2006
@TV01

Hi TV01,
      As far as bieng a "CHRISTIAN EVOLUTIONALIST", That I am not. I am however a christian whom believes in Creation Although I like the points you brought up. You asked what is the length of time in Day and NIGHT as it states in the bible verse that you quoted. Well, day and night in OUR day not the same length of time, Right? What I mean is this, Day light in only last for around 13-14 hrs in OUR 24 HR day, and night only last for around 5-7 hrs until the 24 hrs is up and the new day comes at 12:00 A.M., Right? Well it states in the Bible verse you quoted, which is:
Genesis 1:5 - God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.
Theoretically I think that, since the verse clearly states that morning and evening were the first day,  that morning  AND evening are  reletively within the same amount of time in the Length of one of GOD'S days. But, remember that this is only a theory in which I have no STRONG relative evidence to support. I am happy to debate on my "theory".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Plateau Killings / Orji Kalu Visits Ignatius Kaigama, Catholic Archbishop Of Abuja (PHOTOS) / Chris Okafor: "Defend Yourself Against Fulani Herdsmen" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.