Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,058 members, 7,866,999 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

How To Succeed As A Developer/designer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Succeed As A Developer/designer (737 Views)

Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For / Web Developer/designer And Proposal Urgently Needed. Latest 7/4/2013 / Graphic Developer/designer Wanted At Ikoyi, 150k/month - Full Time. Apply Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Succeed As A Developer/designer by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2012
“You’ve got to be a good seller to be able to convince a company/individual to build a website. It’s not an easy job at all. The easiest way to go is to sell them the benefits they’ll derive and not the Jquery or animations you can do for them. This was part of the initial challenge for us as we quickly noticed that we needed to transition from web developers to business men. No one wants to know how good you are until you can prove how your offering can benefit their business” CEO Unotech Media.

Read the complete article http://www.webdesigner.com.ng/how-to-succeed-as-a-developerdesigner/
Re: How To Succeed As A Developer/designer by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
Treat People nicely, you need them
We leave in a social world, no Man is an island as they say, as humans we need one another to survive. One reoccurring phenomenon with most of the developers/designers I’ve met is the ego problem,  most developers treat their client and colleagues ( web workers: web developers and designer) as ignorant, this does not produce any kind of positive result.

As a web worker, you learn from both your clients and other developers. On the client side, I learnt a lot about online marketing from a client, a medical doctor for that matter! At first it was intimidating when I dint have a clue of what she was saying, she introduced me to services like aweber and mailchimp. Through her I found out of their free packages and free HTML templates that come with them, I walked out of her office that day with more knowledge of email marketing and free HTML templates.

You also need to treat other web workers well to, make friends where possible,like the saying goes, iron sharpens iron. Relating and Sharing ideas with other web workers makes you a better web worker, it keeps you more informed and more connected.

read the complete article
http://www.webdesigner.com.ng/how-to-succeed-as-a-developerdesigner/

(1) (Reply)

All Blogger Conditional Tags / Is There Any Classified Ads Website In Nigeria? / Why Should You Become A Web Developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.