Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,887 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

What Would You Appreciate In A Bookshop Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Would You Appreciate In A Bookshop Website (1168 Views)

New Forum . Will Appreciate Your Review / Comment on This Online Bookshop / What Do You Appreciate in Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Appreciate In A Bookshop Website by jeshurun07: 10:29am On Feb 15, 2008
hello nairalanders,

i know that this topic would surprise alot of people but really give it a thought, bookshops are meant to be reserviours of knowlegde but looking at so

many bookshop sites i don't think many has made it that far. but that is my personal opinion. so what is yours
Re: What Would You Appreciate In A Bookshop Website by my2cents(m): 11:56am On Feb 15, 2008
For a Nigerian website - large inventory. I can't tell you how many bookshops I visited during my visit that didn't have books on Akwa Ibom culture, yet ask them for the latest white man's "motivational" books and they would produce 20 from the same author.

Also, how about online payment and delivery? Again, based on above, I would hate to waste the fuel driving around only to return home disappointed.
Re: What Would You Appreciate In A Bookshop Website by creamdream: 10:28am On Feb 18, 2008
MARKETING, Strategy!! well trying to sell me/us a bbok, on success, wow!! nice try, all the best!! like selling water to a fish, but why not, i might gain something from you, keep it up!!
Re: What Would You Appreciate In A Bookshop Website by Joan4427(f): 9:32pm On Jan 08, 2010
All in all, I think Nigerians will benefit from the convenience of online bookstores if only the system and economy allows it.

However, the current problems I see with online bookstores are:

1. Payment options: How will the customers pay for the books online? Nigeria being what it is, will their credit/bank card information be safe from hackers?

2. Consumer Trust: [/b]Will enough customers be willing to trust that the books they paid for will be delivered to them in good condition and in a timely manner? Or is it gonna be stories-and-stories after the money changes hands?

[b]3. Delivery Logistics:
Is the postal system trustworthy? Can books be mailed to consumers with a high guarantee of arriving at their destination? Or will the bookstores devise their own means of delivery? How will they combat the distance and find addresses in areas not properly mapped out?

4. Item Returns: Will the bookstore be willing to accept returns of unwanted items after purchase? Bear in mind that some will buy the book, read it quickly and try to return for a full refund within seven days of purchase. How will the online bookstore combat this problem? If you make the books non-returnable, many customers will not trust you enough to purchase.

If you work hard at tackling these problems, I'm sure you'll find a way to succeed and gain consumer trust with time.

Good Luck!

PS:
For anyone running a bookstore, whether online of offline, the publishing company I work with will offer our books at the industry discount rates. If you're already affiliated with a book distributor, inquire about us and our latest titles.

Otherwise, contact me directly:

Joan Peck (Book Publicist)
Bernard Books Publishing
P.O. Box 11016
Cincinnati, OH 45211, USA
[email]joan.peck@bernardbooks.com[/email]
https://bernardbooks.com
Re: What Would You Appreciate In A Bookshop Website by omoba4real: 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2011
Check this bookshop blog http://sunshinebookseller..com/
Re: What Would You Appreciate In A Bookshop Website by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
Joan4427: All in all, I think Nigerians will benefit from the convenience of online bookstores if only the system and economy allows it.

However, the current problems I see with online bookstores are:

1. Payment options: How will the customers pay for the books online? Nigeria being what it is, will their credit/bank card information be safe from hackers?

2. Consumer Trust: [/b]Will enough customers be willing to trust that the books they paid for will be delivered to them in good condition and in a timely manner? Or is it gonna be stories-and-stories after the money changes hands?

[b]3. Delivery Logistics:
Is the postal system trustworthy? Can books be mailed to consumers with a high guarantee of arriving at their destination? Or will the bookstores devise their own means of delivery? How will they combat the distance and find addresses in areas not properly mapped out?

4. Item Returns: Will the bookstore be willing to accept returns of unwanted items after purchase? Bear in mind that some will buy the book, read it quickly and try to return for a full refund within seven days of purchase. How will the online bookstore combat this problem? If you make the books non-returnable, many customers will not trust you enough to purchase.

If you work hard at tackling these problems, I'm sure you'll find a way to succeed and gain consumer trust with time.

Good Luck!

PS:
For anyone running a bookstore, whether online of offline, the publishing company I work with will offer our books at the industry discount rates. If you're already affiliated with a book distributor, inquire about us and our latest titles.

Otherwise, contact me directly:

Joan Peck (Book Publicist)
Bernard Books Publishing
P.O. Box 11016
Cincinnati, OH 45211, USA
[email]joan.peck@bernardbooks.com[/email]
https://bernardbooks.com

Please I a cradle author with a crime fiction novel to my credit. I a, presently seeking for any viable webpage(online book store) to launch my novel and such webpage must be suitable and accept Nigerian authors. Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.
Oscar.
Ugbohoscar@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Choosing A Name For Your Website-enough Of Naija This And That / Is .net A Site Or A Blog / ONLINE FREELANCE : How To Earn Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.