Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,306 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" (28778 Views)

Lassa Fever : Rat Poison, Trap Sellers Record High Sales In Abuja / Kpomo Sellers Arrested In Sapele For Using Embalming Fluid To Fatten Kpomo / Vitafoam Unveils Music Pillows, Foam That Regulate Blood Circulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by paris10: 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
PayWell: I just bought two pillows from an aboki, got home, took off the nice plastic wrappings and then PERCEIVED a nasty smell, not what i expected of a new product.

Became curious, took a razor blade and cut it open.

What i saw was undecipherable, pieces of very old and dirty foam.

Ouch!!! The Stench. I guess the very old and dirty foam was taken from the dustbin.

I am dump-folded. I have just been swindled of my hard earned cash and what about the health hazard posed by such a product.

LAGOS BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Sorry to hear to that, but do you really have to say "my hard earned cash?". Believe me or not, pride, haughtiness, arrogance, conceit, glory, all go before a fall.

Be thankful, humble, and nice to people. Let people commend your effort and hard work.
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Rastamann: 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
This shows the state of the Nigerian economy. An economy where the government care less for her citizens even when may are hungry, homeless, socially and economically deprived.
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by azpeculiar: 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2012
Well lesson learnt. Certain things should not be bought in traffic.
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Arsheda(m): 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
Why on earth would you buy something like pillows from an Aboki, who has no sense of hygiene. Do you know whether he uses the pillows himself or where he stores the pillows. You must always consider your health. Thank God you discovered this in time,who knows the damage it could have done.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by spymaster(m): 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
I once bought a pillow and my dog ate it cos it found the bedbugs inside tasty grin
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Ninilowo(m): 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2012
Na today? abeg park make I see front. how una go buy FILLOW for HOLDOFF?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Neroski(f): 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
Buying pillows in traffic?? Dats new to me...dat means i can actually buy a mattress in traffic too,hilarious!!! ;DBuying pillows in traffic?? Dats new to me...dat means i can actually buy a mattress in traffic too,hilarious!!!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
Arsheda: Why on earth would you buy something like pillows from an Aboki, who has no sense of hygiene. Do you know whether he uses the pillows himself or where he stores the pillows. You must always consider your health. Thank God you discovered this in time,who knows the damage it could have done.

The way they package the pillow baffles me, clean sheet outside, then wrap up with leather bag...how can you suspect him when all hawkers look/ dress terrible in their profession.

Also the OP saw a cheap product and went for it....hahahaha ha

I love that Aboki man! Since Fashola no want dem to chop!
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by ypzilanti: 6:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
some things should not be bought in traffic. haba.
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by vislabraye(m): 6:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
One really has to be careful when buying stuffs in traffic. Many years ago, I remember buying a very juicy looking meatpie while travelling from Ph to Lagos.
When I took a bite, I saw beans instead of meat. >:

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by basty: 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2012
The sign of a poor man in Lagos, Nigeria. A case for dliveance.
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Neroski(f): 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
vislabraye: One really has to be careful when buying stuffs in traffic. Many years ago, I remember buying a very juicy looking meatpie while travelling from Ph to Lagos.
When I took a bite, I saw beans instead of meat. >:
like seriously "Beans"....na beans-pie be dat na or beans burger,lmao!

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by logica(m): 7:04pm On Dec 12, 2012
paris10:

Sorry to hear to that, but do you really have to say "my hard earned cash?". Believe me or not, pride, haughtiness, arrogance, conceit, glory, all go before a fall.

Be thankful, humble, and nice to people. Let people commend your effort and hard work.
Wetin dey do dis one?

11 Likes

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by moneyhungry(m): 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
smh 4 naija... very soon, they will start selling cars and wheel-barrows in trafic
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
Vikin: grin grin grin

As dem ban okada, you no wan dem to survive? Live with it! tongue
Nonsense!
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Teejayphillip(m): 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
i bought one alzo.. Oh boi d smell no get part 2 oo...

D drim i take am drim sef,get seasons..... I threw dem away d next day n went straight 2 MOUKA FORM 2 get one..

1 Like

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by SisiKill1: 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
The pillows were dump folded alright

......Picked from the dump and folded nicely for resell tongue

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Booty4me: 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
Op now that we hav seen the pilow.. What next
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
seedord247: why you self like Cheap things.... grin

ROTFL grin
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
Thank God it wasn't as bad as I thought
At least na only smell
My imagination ran wild when I saw the thread shocked shocked
I was thinking the person opened it and snakes or tortoises crawled out from the pillow or they lay on it and needles or other sharp objects chook them for head

1 Like

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by pek(m): 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
paris10:

ewu sokoto. What are you about?

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Nwogbe: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
Op how much did u buy it? Lets start from there. Because from there we can deduce whether u self be want swindle d seller. And as the say wot goes around comes..............

1 Like

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Nwogbe: 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
Op how much did u buy it? Lets start from there. Because from there we can deduce whether u self be want swindle d seller. And as they say, wot goes around comes..............
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by pixblogger: 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
Haven't you heard that good things are not cheap and cheap things are not good?
This is a case of thief steal thief! grin
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
The FDA will definitely be alerted to chase out and arrest these people. It is not a must they have to live in Lagos. That city is messed up though.
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by FunmiBlunt(m): 7:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hahahahahahahahaha
Very plenty of the Abokis in Abule Egba close to Alamu Obadina Street, Oja Oba, Oko Oba, Abule Egba. They have got a factory there too. Lolzz
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by SisiKill1: 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
paris10:

Person say he bought pillow in traffic, you are going on and on about pride and haughtiness ...what will you say if he said he had ordered custom made pillows....the ones that will fit the contours of his neck straight from the manufactures in Switzerland?

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by mrperfect(m): 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
Very sad.
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Jarus(m): 7:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
Dis Guy: dis happened to me last month, was travelling between lagos n ogun, noticed the nice packaging
only for me to notice how hard it was when i used it in the space bus

threw it in the boot! - thank goodness i didn't open it shocked
Are you back in Naija?
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
You are lucky its not his dirty pants and trousers. Abi are you a learner?
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by feeloscar(m): 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2012
una no go kill person wit lafta,dump folded ni,dumbfounded ko.once there is a "d" nd an "f" it means he was short of words.
Re: Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic" by MaxyBrown(m): 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
This is my exact same experience. I bought two pillows on the 1st of December in Egbeda traffic from an Aboki. I got home to find I had only bought some packaged trash.It was a needless waste of money. Its my first and last time time of buying anything of value from traffic. Coveat emptor!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fittest Foods For Men / COVID-19: El-Zakzaky’s Wife, Zinat Tests Positive In Prison / Diphtheria: States Consider Facemasks As Cases Escalate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.