Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,039 members, 7,863,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) (5772 Views)

Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) / Air Force Corporal Slaps CSP Thrice At Lagos Airport / NL Political Dialogue Nov 2012: STATE POLICE - ARE WE READY FOR IT? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
this process will surely be abuse
Re: Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) by ba7man(m): 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
We can't all keep waiting for Federal Government to take actions on behalf of states. Nice one, Imo-state.
Re: Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) by Pennywise(m): 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
Rochas Okorocha is proving himself to be one of the most pragmatic governor of the day. This is not a business as usual kind of Governor. Jonathan can remain in Aso rock eating billion naira meals, state police is here.
Re: Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) by touchmehard: 3:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
Is this not the STATE POLICE we are talking about?
What gutts!
Re: Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) by touchmehard: 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
When and how was the recruitment done?
Re: Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) by Ournaija: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

You can confirm that ISN underwent formal training in apprehending kidnappers and robbers? what exactly is the scope of their mandate? what evaluation (present/historical) was done to guarantee that these new stock of security-men do not over-step their boundaries. Let us not try to be emotional about issues that involve the lives of human beings, let us look at this issue realistically. If the Imo state Government did not institute proper framework for training, compensation, logistics, arms and ordinance, funding and expansion, it won't be any different from bakassi boys, OPC and the likes, it is a no-brainer.

You will agree with me that good security-men are not just about jumping, running and catching criminals. It entails professional ways of dealing with fellow humans and combating crimes. The idea of having a state security network is not bad. I wouldnt condemn this until I have reasons to. For now am only watching.

1 Like

Re: Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) by kaeto(m): 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
fnep2smooth: Hey!!! thats my DAD AT THE MIDDLE. he was giving three L.G.A to control. I pray this should work out fine.
cheers bro!

1 Like

Re: Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) by manuch(m): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
The only people i pity are the transporters another outfit to extort money from them.
Re: Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) by loabb2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
greateros: i remember how the bakasi boys was used to harass, intimidate and kill political opponents back then. . . sad sad

knowing how this vigilante thing is used to hunt down opposition, am really having a cold feeling on this undecided undecided
Re: Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) by stpat1(m): 11:15am On Dec 13, 2012
This is state policing already.
Re: Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) by MajeOfficial: 2:10am On Dec 14, 2012
Take action. That's what i like to see. The governors talking about state police aren't restricted by any law from creating regulatory and policing bodies.
it's like american president theodore roosevelt "I announce to the congress that i'll be doing something, by the time they're done debating it, it's done"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Battle Of Ia Drang: LZ XRAY / Port-Harcourt-based Firms Dump Wastes In Aba — Ikpeazu / How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.