Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS (5707 Views)

APC Challenges Senator Ekweremadu To Enumerate What He Achieved For SE And SS / Breaking!!atiku Abubakar Set To Dump APC And Plans To Support President Jonathan / How APC Primaries Was better than That of PDP In ADAMAWA State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by pendy79: 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
The APC primaries has come and almost done but the real strategy and power play with horsetrading, intrigues, permutations and high power politics exhibited by the combination of the Tinubu, Amaechi, Oshiomole, and Rochas Okorocha were the factor behind the victory of Buhari today and not the political strength of Buhari.

THE PLOT.
Atiku has a strong economic and political ties in the South South, he equally is seen as a moderate Muslim to most Igbos who feel more comfortable with him than a Buhari, who have been labeled without an ounce of evidence as an Islamist.

The thinking in the Tinubu's camp and the okorocha's led Progressive Governors forum was that Atiku will surely rip almost the votes in the South South and south east based on his closeness with policitical actors in the region and hence the need to water down that advantage.
it was here, the thought of an Okorocha Candidacy crept up, with Okorocha in the midst, Atiku influence and block vote from both regions will be strongly contested with.
Okorocha is sure of getting the Imo State Governorship Ticket, the fact there is no serious contender for the ticket was a plot in the grand coup of Tinubu and Amaechi with all APC governors in the plan.

The LOBBY AND OBASANJO'S HAND.
Rabiu Kwankwaso was appealed to to step down for Buhari so as not to share the Votes of the North West that ordinarily should favour Buhari but he was adamant on not going out of the race, so when Tambuwal's Emergence came through, the whole political calculation in the Race for the vote of the North West was further thrown into a crazy frenzy, hence the leaders of the earlier mention plot met with Obasanjo to appeal to Tambuwal to pull out of the race, this yielded positive results and played a vital role in the emergence of Buhari today also.

MY WATCH.

Obasanjo too wanted to play the little he felt he could, by the time conscious launch of his memoir MY WATCH, the sole purpose for the launch when it happened was to further dent the image of Atiku before the Delegates and help the course of Buhari. There is no doubt Obasanjo not for selfish reasons this time but in the interest of the Nation feels the country need a Buhari kind of personality to pull the nation through the drama of hopelessness it is presently facing. Forget Kashamu, he is just an excuse. watch out for more clandestine maneuvers in the Obasanjo's camp for Buhari.

In all the winner of todays Primary is not just Buhari, but Nigeria as a country, the APC as a Party because the candidacy of Atiku would have caused the Party more baggage of Corruption-tinted Atiku Ticket which the PDP will take advantage of, this warranted the desperate acts of the governors to see sense with the Tinubu's plan of a fully backed and mobilized Buhari candidacy.

Welcome to Freedom Nigerians, the change we crave is right here, Rejoice and be glad in it.

All permutations are solely mine.

MODIFIED.....

Hope some doubting Thomases have now seen the coming to fruition of my permutation. Rochas always had Douglas house in mind. The presidential ticket was just politics and it serves 3 purposes for him.

Long live the APC
Sai Buhari 2015.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by OAM(m): 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
One of the very few I have read in a while; Op gud work

2 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
An Atiku's candidacy would have watered down the interest of those that want to get GEJ out of the way......

For once....the politicians in APC put the interest of the nation first....above their selfish and self-preservation interest.

This Buhari's victory has re-enforced my believe in APC to usher in genuine change in Nigeria come 2015.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by realK: 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
Well thought through though partisan in your conclusion. I hope to see more of this on Nairanland.

2 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by pendy79: 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
What the primaries has shown is that Buhari is not gonna do it all alone. He has a whole lot of political gladiators who are driven by the abyss the present government has led the Nation behind his candidacy.

Aside monetary support, he now have massive structures behind him, he has the political sagacity of Tinubu and the craftiness of Obasanjo behind him in the south west, he had block votes from the south west today.

He has the love and followership of Okorocha and the input of Ngige in the south EAST. He has the vexation of Amaechi and closeness with princewil to rely on in.the South south and the recent coup of Wike in rivers just got him more supporters in Rivers state also the imposition of udom Emmanuel in Akwa Ibom just earn him the Oron and uyo senatorial district vote there too.

In the North, I think he need not campaign. His public relations and packaging is now a party affairs and there is a large unending financial muscle behind him now.

Let the PDP bring it on, JonaTAN is his own undoing, he shot himself in the foot badly

Sai Buhari 2015

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by queenna1: 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
Wow!!!

Nigeria will be great again! But why did Kwakwanso refuse to step down Well, it doesn't matter to Buhari now, only he kwakwanso could have stood a chance for some good appointments.

2 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by pendy79: 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
realK:
Well thought through though parisan in your conclusion. I hope to see more of this on Nairanland.

I'm APC all through bro, blood and water. I've never voted PDP since 1999 so I can't never be said to be apolitical.

Who won't love the APC and what it represents.

JAGABAN you're a true enigma.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by Bishop4bella(m): 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
Atiku could have won the primary but he has unstable nucleus. He's always come and gone in the party and for see it if he wins the primary and coming election he can easily defect back to PDP.
Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by Audinowing(m): 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
Op you are not far from the truth.

2 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ok
Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by pendy79: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
Bishop4bella:
Atiku could have won the primary but he has unstable nucleus. He's always come and gone in the party and for see it if he wins the primary and coming election he can easily defect back to PDP.

For sure Atiku would have won, but the fact remains the PDP would have shouted hallelujah because the necklace of corruption he wore around his neck will play well into their hands.

Atiku has massive support and structures around the country.

buhari's biggest threat was this primaries and him scaling it makes the dream of a new Nigeria closer to reality.

9 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by pendy79: 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2014
queenna1:
Wow!!!

Nigeria will be great again! But why did Kwakwanso refuse to step down Well, it doesn't matter to Buhari now, only he kwakwanso could have stood a chance for some good appointments.

Every politician uses such ventures to launch themselves in the consciousness of the People. kwankwaso pulling out would have hurt his own political aspiration in future.

He needed to test his popularity and this avenue provided a good one, Nda Isaiah knew he won't win but through this, he has provided more exposure to.his businesses and launched himself into the heart and head of Nigerians.

Politics is like a chess game.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by arsetalks(m): 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
In life, neverr play poker with Arsene Wenger, Olusegun Obasanjo and Bola Tinubu.

Only difference is, Wenger plays his poker to either confuse other clubs who have an habit of wanting to sign his targets cos they are mostly willing to spend more money and because they know Arsenal has a good scouting networking who know how to unearth talents. He also it to deceive match going Arsenal fans to renew their season tickets believing he is buying big.

Obasanjo does his to kill an enemy. He must be a big fan of Robert Green who also believes in smashing the enemy totally. Crush them hard, leave no life in them. Ask Atiku. GEJ will soon testify too.

Tinubu does his both ways, to enrich himself of crush an enemy totally. Atiku and Koro comes to mind.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
@ pendy79 ur so inform in Nigerian politics. Also don't forget Abia.

1 Like

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
Atiku has a strong economic and political ties in the South South, he equally is seen as a moderate Muslim to most Igbos who feel more comfortable with him than a Buhari, who have been labeled without an ounce of evidence as an Islamist.

i just came back from a long ban but i will not hesitate to insult you if you dont stop been naive .

he will lose again in 2015 and this time, nothing will happen cos the army will still be in the north east waiting to roast those his animalistic foot soldiers

2 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
The PDP rats have once again been shamed about Buhari not winning a free and credible primaries. The Presidential elections would be a shocker this time around. Nigerians are now wiser.

Long live My President in waiting.

11 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by rigarmortis: 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
ilugunboy:
An Atiku's candidacy would have watered down the interest of those that want to get GEJ out of the way......

For once....the politicians in APC put the interest of the nation first....above their selfish and self-preservation interest.

This Buhari's victory has re-enforced my believe in APC to usher in genuine change in Nigeria come 2015.

do you honestly want to tell me that you expect anything less than buhari being "INSTALLED" as the candidate, honestly?

the big cry baby knew the cake was his all day long

2 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by ziky2010(m): 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
U are on point
Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by pendy79: 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:
The PDP rats have once again been shamed about Buhari not winning a free and credible primaries. The Presidential elections would be a shocker this time around. Nigerians are now wiser.

No party has done what the APC just did today. The delegates list was sent to all candidates. They met them and were allowed to mix with delegates from.each.states

The proces was open and fair all through. Fayemi directed state chairmen of the party to forward all lists of elected delegates to their committe for onward delivery to the candidates. Never in the history of Nigeria did that happened. The delegates were free to do as they pleased. Their phone numbers were on the list forwarded to the candidates.

The process was free, fair and open. All a candidate need do is to convince the delegate to change their minds. Which Atiku really did too well to try induce them.

Can see why Fayemi lost the election in Ekiti, he is too refined to be involved in bad dealings.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by sandraokosun: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
U re right but buhari didn't need their support they needed him he has float a party on his own b4 and get 12m votes outside all the propaganda, power of incumbency, military, huge politicians, good party struture, lies of poor background, money e.t.C gej only got 10m ahead of him. So buhari is popular on his own with a good party structure, support from few big politicians, nigerians who are feed up with gej, monetary support e.T.C i can see why jonothing is scared

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by sandraokosun: 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
rigarmortis:

do you honestly want to tell me that you expect anything less than buhari being "INSTALLED" as the candidate, honestly?

the big cry baby knew the cake was his all day long
u are a fool, how do we move this nation when people like u exist. A primary that was watched worldwide live from voting sorting counting, nobody was installed. How come nobody stepped down for each other even sam the least of them. Nobody is complaining of ringing. Unlike ur party that would deprive abiola and mere balewa the option of testing their popularity against jonathan,even when we know they would still enthrol him, but pdp was scared of the unknown. First they said (doyin okupe) apc would not last a year, next they said primaries would destroy, them but atiku was the first to congratulate gmb, next they say buhari can,t win apc ticket in a free and fair election. A man who man 12m votes singlehandly. Why all these buhari fever, lets test the parties in 2015 no more SaTANS STORY

18 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by pendy79: 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
StainlessH:
@ pendy79 ur so inform in Nigerian politics. Also don't forget Abia.

Don't really know much about the politics of Abia and why it seems they love mediocrity and bad governance. Used to visit Aba from my base in Akwaibom back then in 2003 till 2010. I buy parts for my cars at Alaoji and do some beaf shopping at Ogbor Hill slaughter. At a point I stopped because the road between Ikot ekpene and Aba became a nightmare and up till date it remain.same. one need go through villages with boys charging per vehicle for passage.

Heard it is still same and one begin to wonder why.successive governments in Abia state have failed the state.

Was thinking with Alex Otti in the race and his experience in the banking industry he will bring succor and some needed change but alas he was given the Soludo treatment in Anambra..

Ogah, ihejirika, emeka worgu who I felt should make reasonable impact were edged out by ochendo. The indigenes of the state have a choice to make in 2015. Let them choose wisely

3 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by san316(m): 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
Politics is all about manoeuvres and calculations. Everybody does his bit but the ultimate is who takes the day and who is left biting his nail.

1 Like

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by pendy79: 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
sandraokosun:
U re right but buhari didn't need their support they needed him he has float a party on his own b4 and get 12m votes outside all the propaganda, power of incumbency, military, huge politicians, good party struture, lies of poor background, money e.t.C gej only got 10m ahead of him. So buhari is popular on his own with a good party structure, support from few big politicians, nigerians who are feed up with gej, monetary support e.T.C i can see why jonothing is scared

Trust me Buhari needed their support else it will.always be a case of nearly and almost.

The PDP has a formidable war chest made up of our commonwealth from oil blocs allocation.to their cronies and juicy contracts and import waivers which they expect the person who got them to do a return favour.

The APC has made a lot of inroad since its creation and.the merger has done a great deal to our democratic process

Remember PDP once said they will rule for 60years, it wasn't a fluke or mere gossip, the way the opposition was structured then was purely in their favour

buhari have a lot of machinery behind him now than ever.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by OgologoDimkpa: 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:

In your wildest dream?
Never will Buhari get to Aso Rock..
Mark this statement!.

2 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by Bmark: 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
pendy79:

Don't really know much about the politics of Abia and why it seems they love mediocrity and bad governance. Used to visit Aba from my base in Akwaibom back then in 2003 till 2010. I buy parts for my cars at Alaoji and do some beaf shopping at Ogbor Hill slaughter. At a point I stopped because the road between Ikot ekpene and Aba became a nightmare and up till date it remain.same. one need go through villages with boys charging per vehicle for passage.

Heard it is still same and one begin to wonder why.successive governments in Abia state have failed the state.

Was thinking with Alex Otti in the race and his experience in the banking industry he will bring succor and some needed change but alas he was given the Soludo treatment in Anambra..

Ogah, ihejirika, emeka worgu who I felt should make reasonable impact were edged out by ochendo. The indigenes of the state have a choice to make in 2015. Let them choose wisely
sir please expatiate on the obasanjo contempt of court case,,how do you think it gonna turn out?
Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by Deltagiant: 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
sandraokosun:

About the statistics, It is expected that the majority of Jona's 2011 votes from the South West would go to Buhari to clinch that victory. Jona got 2.8 million votes from the SW.

Can there be a Buhari victory if all the votes Jona got in 2011 in the SW went to Buhari, even including those of Ribadu? I think we'll still have a deficit of over 6 million or there about?
Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by pendy79: 5:46pm On Dec 11, 2014
Bmark:
sir please expatiate on the obasanjo contempt of court case,,how do you think it gonna turn out?

Forget the sir thing, on nairaland we are all.equal. nothing gonna happen. He had said the book was already published 3months ago what took place 3days ago was just mere launching.

The court said he should stop the publication of the book so he could claim semantic of words to beat the court process.

He has Chief Afe Babalola as his lawyer, I'm sure baba fear no court or foes.

It will end up as a court mumbo jumbo soon and will be soon forgotten. The court ruling just made the book more popular.

Obasanjo loves and crave controversy.

4 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by Bmark: 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
pendy79:

Forget the sir thing, on nairaland we are all.equal. nothing gonna happen. He had said the book was already published 3months ago what took place 3days ago was just mere launching.

The court said he should stop the publication of the book so he could claim semantic of words to beat the court process.

He has Chief Afe Babalola as his lawyer, I'm sure baba fear no court or foes.

It will end up as a court mumbo jumbo soon and will be soon forgotten. The court ruling just made the book more popular.

Obasanjo loves and crave controversy.
honestly a section should be created for intelligent men like you,,making me love nairaland once again,,hope the satan boys can drop their thuggish noise and enrol in your school of strategy and mental nuance

2 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by jaymichael(m): 6:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:

Am happy Buhari won. Change is in the air. All of the aspirants are competent. I could have voted anyone of them. It's just that I never trusted Atiku.
Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by Bmark: 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
arsetalks:
In life, neverr play poker with Arsene Wenger, Olusegun Obasanjo and Bola Tinubu.

Only difference is, Wenger plays his poker to either confuse other clubs who have an habit of wanting to sign his targets cos they are mostly willing to spend more money and because they know Arsenal has a good scouting networking who know how to unearth talents. He also it to deceive match going Arsenal fans to renew their season tickets believing he is buying big.

Obasanjo does his to kill an enemy. He must be a big fan of Robert Green who also believes in smashing the enemy totally. Crush them hard, leave no life in them. Ask Atiku. GEJ will soon testify too.

Tinubu does his both ways, to enrich himself of crush an enemy totally. Atiku and Koro comes to mind.
i am sure ogbeni aregbesola is next master strategist after asiwaju,,even agbaje the one of pdp in agos is a tinubu protege,,so much for a man

2 Likes

Re: How The Primaries Was Won!! The Politics Of Breaking Atiku's Hold In SE And SS by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
pendy79:
What the primaries has shown is that Buhari is not gonna do it all alone. He has a whole lot of political gladiators who are driven by the abyss the present government has led the Nation behind his candidacy.

Aside monetary support, he now have massive structures behind him, he has the political sagacity of Tinubu and the craftiness of Obasanjo behind him in the south west, he had block votes from the south west today.

He has the love and followership of Okorocha and the input of Ngige in the south EAST. He has the vexation of Amaechi and closeness with princewil to rely on in.the South south and the recent coup of Wike in rivers just got him more supporters in Rivers state also the imposition of udom Emmanuel in Akwa Ibom just earn him the Oron and uyo senatorial district vote there too.

In the North, I think he need not campaign. His public relations and packaging is now a party affairs and there is a large unending financial muscle behind him now.

Let the PDP bring it on, JonaTAN is his own undoing, he shot himself in the foot badly

Sai Buhari 2015
Now that Buhari has won the APC presidential primary heavily supported by highly corrupt politicians. I strongly believe that when Buhari wins the election, he would be a puppet president in the hands of those corrupt politicians
Am from Oron in Akwa Ibom. We will ve APC governor and massively vote from Jonathan

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidential Election: Femi Fani Kayode Sings New Song! / Dasuki Linked To Bombing Of Aziza And Suntai / Yakubu Dogara Receives Zik Prize In Leadership Award.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.