Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

"My Son Lost Because He's No Longer Catholic" - Pacquiao's Mother - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "My Son Lost Because He's No Longer Catholic" - Pacquiao's Mother (793 Views)

Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! / My Son Lost Olympics Gold To Racism, Says Chukwumerije / Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Son Lost Because He's No Longer Catholic" - Pacquiao's Mother by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 12, 2012
Everyone has [their] own reason for Juan Manuel Marquez's stunning knockout of Manny Pacquiao. Some say it was a lucky punch while others say Pacquiao had it coming.

Of all the explanations put forth, perhaps the most unique is the one offered by Pacquiao's mother, Dionisia Pacquiao. Dionisia, a devout Catholic, blamed her son's loss on his change of religion.

Pacquiao grew up Catholic but recently converted to Protestantism.

"That’s what he gets for changing his religion," Dionisia said in an interview in General Santos City. "Since the 'Protestant' pastors came into his life, he has not focus on his boxing."

Dionisia says Manny has been distracted by his new faith, and she is not afraid to "face the pastors no matter who they are."

"Why did they take my son?" Dionisia asked, according to according to Yahoo! Sports Philippines. "When he was quiet and was a champion when he belonged to his former religion?"

Pacquiao has now lost to Timothy Bradley and Marquez since his much-publicized religious transformation earlier this year. But before fighting Bradley, Pacquiao swore that, if anything, he was a better boxer because of his new faith.
Re: "My Son Lost Because He's No Longer Catholic" - Pacquiao's Mother by k2039: 7:24am On Dec 12, 2012
Human beings!!!!!

Always want his son to win and want the others to lose as if losing is the other's birth right.

A typical human who couldnt come to terms thatt his son lost and now associating the blame to religion, mtchew.
Re: "My Son Lost Because He's No Longer Catholic" - Pacquiao's Mother by Oahray: 7:24am On Dec 12, 2012
Hmmm... Good to know religious fanatics are not all Nigerians.
If she does have a point, its a vewi vewi tiny one. The concentration part.
Re: "My Son Lost Because He's No Longer Catholic" - Pacquiao's Mother by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 12, 2012
And this is after Pacquiao admitted he was overconfident and let his guard down lol.
Re: "My Son Lost Because He's No Longer Catholic" - Pacquiao's Mother by Chynx(m): 7:34am On Dec 12, 2012
I'm not concerned about the Catholic or Protestant thingy but my point is that a change in religious standing could really affect one's performance positively or negatively. She cold be correct.
Re: "My Son Lost Because He's No Longer Catholic" - Pacquiao's Mother by Oahray: 7:38am On Dec 12, 2012
Chynx: I'm not concerned about the Catholic or Protestant thingy but my point is that a change in religious standing could really affect one's performance positively or negatively. She cold be correct.
True she coUld be a bit correct. But it could also have resulted directly from other things.
Isnt it possible she troubled him over his religion change? She already sounds like someone who colud do that.
There is much more to these kind of stories than what makes the news.
Re: "My Son Lost Because He's No Longer Catholic" - Pacquiao's Mother by Chynx(m): 7:57am On Dec 12, 2012
Oahray: True she coUld be a bit correct. But it could also have resulted directly from other things.
Isnt it possible she troubled him over his religion change? She already sounds like someone who colud do that.
There is much more to these kind of stories than what makes the news.

You have a point. It all boils down to the same issue. People seldom understand the true effect of changing one's religion. It comes along with a lot more than meet the eye.
Re: "My Son Lost Because He's No Longer Catholic" - Pacquiao's Mother by Rooneyboy(m): 8:43am On Dec 12, 2012
Oahray: Hmmm... Good to know religious fanatics are not all Nigerians.
If she does have a point, its a vewi vewi tiny one. The concentration part.

u just spoke my mind bro, I was going to ask if they had any ancestral root linking them to Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When Super Eagles Scores / The Myth Surrounding Howard Webb & Manchester United / Kenya The Head Of Africa And Nigeria the bottom. A ridiculous picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.