Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Travelling With Antimalaria And Antiboitics To Germany; Is It A Crime? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling With Antimalaria And Antiboitics To Germany; Is It A Crime? (828 Views)

Adventure Lovers – The Longest Suspension Bridge In Germany Is Opened To The Pub / Just Move From UK To GERMANY / I Need Suggestions On Travelling With An Expired Passport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling With Antimalaria And Antiboitics To Germany; Is It A Crime? by Virtue11: 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
A friend of mine would be leaving Nigeria to study in Germany. He is planning to carry some pharmaceutics drugs(Antimalaria and Antibiotics drugs) with him. He intends to use them Prophylactically when he gets there should there is any malaria parasite in his blood. He asked me if there will be any problem with immigration either in Nigeria or in Germany. I told him I have no idea since I did not carry such while leaving Nigeria. Please can any one shed some light into this question. Is it an offence?

Thanks
Re: Travelling With Antimalaria And Antiboitics To Germany; Is It A Crime? by DisGuy: 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
Don't know what immigrations has to do with medicine but some countries will require you to have doctors prescription for antibiotics

if he has symptoms of malaria, he can always go to his nearest 'GP' they will do a test and prescribe him the right tablet [probably quarantine him as well for good measures]

don't know if they have universal healthcare in Germany though but i think most visitors/students get insurance before travelling
Re: Travelling With Antimalaria And Antiboitics To Germany; Is It A Crime? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
you usually need to have the doctor's prescription if you travel with medication. your friend should check with the German embassy. however i don't think it will be a problem to get any malaria drugs or antibiotics over there.
Re: Travelling With Antimalaria And Antiboitics To Germany; Is It A Crime? by happybird: 2:35am On Dec 13, 2012
I'm sure travelling with anti malaria drugs will not get you stopped by immigration at either port. I travelled to NG from DE with anti-malaria drugs last year, but took some documentation from the Tropical Institute describing the drug I was taking and its purpose.

However, he can quite easily get anti malarial drugs in Germany, I went to the Institute of Tropical Medicine where I was given a prescription and got the drugs at a nearby pharmacy. (That might be his first port of call as they have the facilities to deal with most tropical maladies, and he'll probably end up there if he shows any malaria symptoms.)

Even if you don't have German health insurance, you can pay upfront as a privately insured person. Your friend should sort that out asap as it will cut down on healthcare costs.

(1) (Reply)

15 Death Defying Photos :O / Tragic!! Ghastly Motor Accident In Osun Crushed All 22 Passengers To Death / How Do I Add A Stop To An Already Paid For Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.