Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,688 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (3571 Views)

Is It Necessary For Guys To Kneel Down To Propose To A Lady? / Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! / Can A Woman Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by greedie1(f): 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
dmcdad:
Hmmm...
hmmmmmmmmmm?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 12, 2012
I see nothing wrong with a girl proposing to a guy
but since its nt really in our culture, most girls can't do that.

1 Like

Re: . by dmcdad: 11:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
PretiEbony: I see nothing wrong with a girl proposing to a guy
but since its nt really in our culture, most girls can't do that.

1 Like

Re: . by Mynd44: 11:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
gree-die:

lol....... i dont front

but really, y ll i ask a guy out? i ll show him dat im interested, d rest is up to him
showing him intention and asking him are the same thing
Re: . by Idowuogbo(f): 11:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
Toast a guy? Hell yeah! Proposal? Dats creepy. embarassed
Re: . by Goldieluks: 11:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
Propose what? Not in my dictionary. I'd rather grow grey hair. undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 13, 2012
Its actually the culture in Ireland, for a woman to propose to a man.

I wish ChopUrmoni fit propose to me, I go say YES sharp sharp. smiley
Re: . by pizzle234(m): 12:13am On Dec 13, 2012
CFCfan: Its actually the culture in Ireland, for a woman to propose to a man.

I wish ChopUrmoni fit propose to me, I go say YES sharp sharp. smiley

Omo me sef go say YES chap chap. I no go think am twice. I don check d babe profile. D girl set no be small.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 13, 2012
It's good to see that our women are beginning to change long held views on man-woman relations.It's only here in Naija that women are bound,either by their own inhibitions,or by some unwritten and unprogressive cultural mores in their intimate interface with men.

2 Likes

Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 12:41am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: . by comm: 3:04am On Dec 13, 2012
The man probably has someone else that is topmost on his mind or there are character deficiencies he wish time will correct in your friend that he knows better than you do if he really loves her tho. The best way she should propose is to be the best in d man's life not in mere words like "marrin mi oga yes/no?"
Re: . by Obelomo: 3:23am On Dec 13, 2012
For every lady reading this, please don't propose or ask a man out, just keep on praying. I never asked a man out, but one time I went to forward by giving him my number, before he even asked for it. I still regret it up till now. Plus, we can't change our culture!
Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 4:04am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: . by Mynd44: 4:09am On Dec 13, 2012
What is the big deal in asking a guy out anyway? I see nothing bad in it. It does not make a girl look cheap, instead it makes her look more matured as she knows what she wants and she goes out to get it
Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 6:05am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: . by Mynd44: 6:07am On Dec 13, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

Sorry... My y*ansh no big. I'm perfectly proportioned... Everything there at the right size and looking good. I no want big y*ansh BUT if u get PLENTY money... Wey u go let me chop i go fit grow big y*ansh for you smiley
Chai!!! I don't mind oo
Re: . by dmcdad: 6:16am On Dec 13, 2012
Mynd_44: What is the big deal in asking a guy out anyway? I see nothing bad in it. It does not make a girl look cheap, instead it makes her look more matured as she knows what she wants and she goes out to get it
Gbam!
Re: . by Mynd44: 6:22am On Dec 13, 2012
dmcdad:
Gbam!
The problrm is that a lot of ladies are drawn to the wrong men. They are drawn to men who might show maturity on the outside but on the inside are cavemen. Men who still hold on to the old notion that a woman has a place and the man has a place.

I don't blame the women because you attract who you are. The women also have that believe of what they should and should not do, what their duty is what it is not.

You see most women come here to say they can't propose because they alreasy see it as the job of their guy but this same women might come 2morrow to talk about gender equality.

Deep down they are also not matured enough to put themselves out there just like the men they are with are not so matured to accept a proposal from a woman. It is a crazy and vicious circle.

Sit back and watch them deny this.

1 Like

Re: . by dmcdad: 6:31am On Dec 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
The problrm is that a lot of ladies are drawn to the wrong men. They are drawn to men who might show maturity on the outside but on the inside are cavemen. Men who still hold on to the old notion that a woman has a place and the man has a place.

I don't blame the women because you attract who you are. The women also have that believe of what they should and should not do, what their duty is what it is not.

You see most women come here to say they can't propose because they alreasy see it as the job of their guy but this same women might come 2morrow to talk about gender equality.

Deep down they are also not matured enough to put themselves out there just like the men they are with are not so matured to accept a proposal from a woman. It is a crazy and vicious circle.

Sit back and watch them deny this.
You are very correct.. Let them come and deny it, I'm with you. We will sort it out with them...
Re: . by Mynd44: 6:39am On Dec 13, 2012
dmcdad:
You are very correct.. Let them come and deny it, I'm with you. We will sort it out with them...
Okay
Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 7:26am On Dec 13, 2012

2 Likes

Re: . by dmcdad: 7:53am On Dec 13, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

I don't disagree with you BUT I'm certainly NOT one of them ladies... Thank God. I think as a Christian my culture is defined by the bible and if God doesnt say its wrong then... Why cant it be done? Anyway... I just think it should NOT be a taboo! If a woman wants to marry the man she loves there's no reason why she can't propose. smiley
Yes because we have been taught that it's a mans responsibility... We are on here talking about this because we want a change of mindset and need to know WHY it's so wrong. Every one is saying "it's just wrong" but no valid reason... But "gender".
When it comes to equality i think men and women DO have different roles. But we are talking about LOVE... expression of LOVE should not be gender based.
Gbam!
Re: . by Mynd44: 8:49am On Dec 13, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

I don't disagree with you BUT I'm certainly NOT one of them ladies... Thank God. I think as a Christian my culture is defined by the bible and if God doesnt say its wrong then... Why cant it be done? Anyway... I just think it should NOT be a taboo! If a woman wants to marry the man she loves there's no reason why she can't propose. smiley
Yes because we have been taught that it's a mans responsibility... We are on here talking about this because we want a change of mindset and need to know WHY it's so wrong. Every one is saying "it's just wrong" but no valid reason... But "gender".
When it comes to equality i think men and women DO have different roles. But we are talking about LOVE... expression of LOVE should not be gender based.

Gbam!!!!!!
Thank you ma'am.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2012
xynerise: If a woman proposes to me, I will be scared undecided.

But i heard a rumour?
smiley
Re: . by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 13, 2012
***doing my early morning jogging***
Jogging by
Re: . by 2goodbobo(m): 11:10am On Dec 13, 2012
And after she proposes, who will put on the ring? Lol
Re: . by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
2goodbobo: And after she proposes, who will put on the ring? Lol

The man will wear d ring grin
Re: . by Mynd44: 3:52pm On Dec 13, 2012
CFCfan:

The man will wear d ring grin
That will work just fine. Or he can also get her a ring too
Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2012
ChopUrMoni: When 2 ppl love each other... who wears the ring doesn't matter. Ring or no ring... who cares? I'm amazed at how ppl focus on such unimportant and neglect the most vital things.

Absolutely. There is no crime if a man wears an engagement ring. Its a sign to other ladies that he is taken smiley
Re: . by Mynd44: 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
CFCfan:

Absolutely. There is no crime if a man wears an engagement ring. Its a sign to other ladies that he is taken smiley
That's true oooo. It is no problem
Re: . by mrgaga: 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

Sorry... My y*ansh no big. I'm perfectly proportioned... Everything there at the right size and looking good. I no want big y*ansh BUT if u get PLENTY money... Wey u go let me chop i go fit grow big y*ansh for you smiley

i fit see ur yansh pishure...?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Online Dating And Blind Dates ...share Ur Experiences &views. / Slovakian Bride Wears Over 70M Naira Wedding Gown(£175k). / Guy Have You Been Wooed By A Gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.