Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,593 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 - Entertainment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 (39987 Views)

Forbes 10 Richest Musicians In Africa (Don Jazzy @ No 2) / 5 Richest Pastors In Nigeria - Forbes / Who Is The Richest Person Between Don Jazzy And R.kelly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 16, 2012
Mynd_44:
She is old and losing relevance

no, i think it should be because of her divorce. You know it involves asset sharing.
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Well considering in most the cases (and I am being conservative because I would really like to say ALL) the actors also sign contracts stating how much they will be paid before the movie is made, using box office numbers to calculate what the actresses make still makes no sense.

There are two ways they will be entitled to the gross revenues....

1) They were also the producers (that is they invested money/created an avenue for money to be available for the production)

2) They signed a backend Deal - This is when an actor agrees to a little or no pay before the movie and gets a certain percentage of the box office returns. Actors enter this agreement when they think they have a blockbuster on their hands. And only major major major actors whose names alone on the make marquee is sure to draw crowd, can make deals like that.

Now Nollywood sentiment aside, do you see that kinda deal happening here? Which actress will sign a backend Deal in an erratic movie industry like ours? An industry that isn't properly regulated, where all the average Joe needs is a fast PC with DVD burner to make their copies of the movies for sale....which will in turn cut into the profit? I would call for a serious psych evaluation for any actor who agrees to a backend deal in this environment.

Since it is safe to conclude there were no backend deals in these cases and the actresses also serving as executive producers on the movies mentioned is just a slight possibility, then it is safer to conclude that this article is BS and has nothing important to impart.

Oh by the way, more often than not the crew works for the production company so yes their salaries can indeed be tied to the box office returns.

Another by the way, if it is obvious they don't have the right data to compile a list like this. ...why bother? Why make a foool of themselves just to feel among? Never heard the writer's name before so I obviously had no opinion of him/her but after this article. ...not only has he been brought to our consciousness. ...we can also opine that he is ignorant. What's that old saying again. ...rather be silent and be thought a fool than. ....well you get the point.

*passes a glass of wine to her* chill baby gurl! We get your point perfectly smiley
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 16, 2012
Opytim:

no, i think it should be because of her divorce. You know it involves asset sharing.

Kate divorced??! shocked and I didn't know. My God its not true
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by SisiKill1: 2:24am On Dec 17, 2012
speedyboi:

*passes a glass of wine to her* chill baby gurl! We get your point perfectly smiley

*Takes glass of wine and gulps it down, returns glass to SB*

More please! grin

Bwahahahaha! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Jesuspikin87(m): 4:23am On Dec 17, 2012
Mynd_44:
Why you wicked like this? Tonto is a star ooo atleast on NL

We talking about movies that break into box offices you talking about star.....Hw many of tonto's movies have u seen from the cinema The list is right jor
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by eduson77(m): 7:16am On Dec 17, 2012
A day shall not pass by on nairaland without mentioning tonto?

i guess tonto is one of the MOD's here.

Seun needs to be questioned b'cus am beginning to suspect something.

Jesuspikin87:

We talking about movies that break into box offices you talking about star.....Hw many of tonto's movies have u seen from the cinema The list is right jor
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
eduson77: A day shall not pass by on nairaland without mentioning tonto?

i guess tonto is one of the MOD's here.

Seun needs to be questioned b'cus am beginning to suspect something.

grin grin grin
Sisi_Kill:

*Takes glass of wine and gulps it down, returns glass to SB*

More please! grin

Bwahahahaha! cheesy cheesy

I ran out....sad
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by yollychika(f): 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
LesbianBoy: Genevieve nnaji is the first on the list SMH.......If only her fans know what she does behind closed doors!
............what does she do behind closed doors ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by 1kperday(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2013
I LOVE ALL DEM FIVE ACTRESSES AND REALLY APPRECIATE THEIR WORK. Glad that they are my favourites and excited that they topped the list? But where is Stephanie Okereke? Isn't she acting anymore? It's been a while.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Lady Shows Off Her Acrobatic Dance Skills At An Event (Video) / 81-Year-Old Oyinbo Woman Performs At 85fit Pole Stunt / Photo Of Nigeria's Tallest Man With His Wife During Their Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.