Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,797 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping (16264 Views)

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by crisycent: 6:25am On Dec 13, 2012
As d mata con concern the mother of finance minister nah him IGP con involve....dem dey kidnap other Nigerians since, why IGP no involve?

1 Like

Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by HighChief4(m): 6:28am On Dec 13, 2012
Nobody is safe in Nigeria. I pray she returns home safely
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by bodejohn(m): 6:41am On Dec 13, 2012
ignis:
Does bad government encourage kidnap of an innocent woman?
Nigeria commit all sorts of crimes and attrocities and blame it on the government.
Lets be the change we want to see.

Yes sir! A bad government encourages violent crimes.
And by saying government, i mean the three tiers of it not blaming anyone more than the other. The government has failed to prosecute those arrested for crimes to a logical conclusion thereby encouraging others to venture into it.
Justice done on time and appropriately is the only potent solution to crimes.

The words of the minister made me laugh, I hope he was not expecting any Nigerian to believe him. His anybody would rather mean anybody in the presidency.

1 Like

Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by choiceman(m): 6:47am On Dec 13, 2012
pDude: [/b]

That is why they have accomplices in the police force.
Is the woman a minister? Why do we have police in a house in the first place?

1 Like

Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by ubong560(m): 6:53am On Dec 13, 2012
Som grammar blown on dis forum can cause an instant stomach ulcer afta reading it. Lord help us and let's not be victim of agbagun-amen!
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by Slickest(m): 7:17am On Dec 13, 2012
Hahaha lwtmb...police no dey eva dull,waz an opportunity but a risk...d guy took it nd got suspectd...lwtmb

1 Like

Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by stantob(m): 7:19am On Dec 13, 2012
police neva still discover where the woman dey? nawwwwwwwwa ohhhhhhhhhhh.I pity the old woman.Mama no worry, we dei pray for u ehh.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by decoderdgenius(m): 7:27am On Dec 13, 2012
The kind of devotion the police are applying to this kidnap case is good but the question remains that if she were an ordinary citizen will it be given any attention at all. My fellow Nigerians , we are living in a country where the government is only for the rich and powerful. It's a pity that the common citizen is treated like a nobody while mountains are moved for a selected few. God help Nigeria.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by playahP(m): 7:33am On Dec 13, 2012
If I was a kidnapper; I'd make a video of the victim as evidence that she's alright! If I don't get the money within 3 days; I'd kill the fat bitch and send the body back to them!!! Stingy fools!!
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by cyril83(m): 7:36am On Dec 13, 2012
These men don't need money so therefore mama is already on her trip to the next life, for your information another dignitary "governor's wife" has been kidnapped on monday....paytime saga
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 13, 2012
playah P: If I was a kidnapper; I'd make a video of the victim as evidence that she's alright! If I don't get the money within 3 days; I'd kill the fat bitch and send the body back to them!!! Stingy fools!!

Bros cheesy grin

Coolu temper naw wink
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by bakila: 7:43am On Dec 13, 2012
larryshow4: I thought the Gov. Was saying they would find her under 24hours? that's part of the sweet mouth they give us Nigerians... Why say what you can't do. We don't have experts forces that can track calls and all. Now the finance minister's Mom is kidnapped, the special force is called in.. If an average person is kidnapped; Menh na to die for there o! anyways, they would not even kidnap an average man in the first place grin grin
Which special force? The one for collecting bribe money? If they have trained and kept a special force in Abuja for rescuing mothers of powerful govt official the fine.
I think its dumb to tell the world that you are sending special force after 48 hour of a graninap.

1 Like

Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by bakila: 7:44am On Dec 13, 2012
cyril83: These men don't need money so therefore mama is already on her trip to the next life, for your information another dignitary "governor's wife" has been kidnapped on monday....paytime saga
Are you serious?
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by brownlord: 7:45am On Dec 13, 2012
ignis:
Does bad government encourage kidnap of an innocent woman?
Nigeria commit all sorts of crimes and attrocities and blame it on the government.
Lets be the change we want to see.

What is innocent about the woman, is she not a beneficiary of the loot, what nonsense now they hold workshop on effective policing after a minister mothers bn kidnap what happen to this workshop before now, nonsence if the kidnapers like let them kill her there I don't care, after so many people hv bn kidnap and no one hears abt it why is this diff. Abegi useless nation

1 Like

Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by bakila: 7:49am On Dec 13, 2012
ubong560: Som grammar blown on dis forum can cause an instant stomach ulcer afta reading it. Lord help us and let's not be victim of agbagun-amen!
Yes, Lord help us and let's not be VICTIM(S) of your shotput.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by Whymee: 7:54am On Dec 13, 2012
Where are our films writesr, producers and directors that deceived us in believing there is a mirror / free to Air (free subscription) screen or incantation that will reveal hidden information or event if invoked.

Are they waiting for the okonjo's family to consult them.

Where are the so call pastor, GO, Daddy, MOG, Adeboye, TBJ, Chris (x2), Oyedepo, etc that communicate, prophesied directly with holy spirit.
Why can't they grab these Golden opportunities.

Who knows, the Governor might have consulted them before opening his mouth promising 24 hours deadline.

We all know these things don't exist, yet we all pretended it's not an issue.

It's an issue that must be address, else it's leading the society and the entire country to a doom.

Be wise.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by brownlord: 7:59am On Dec 13, 2012
I sware the two police arrested must be police men sent there as watch day and watch night and the use commisioner just want to arrest them so everyone will tink they really on top of the situation, on what basis was this policemen arrested, if u hv done ur investigatn, and u discovered that the policemen where involve tht means the locatn of the kidnapers shld hv bn discovered and the woman freed by now, but thts not the case in Nigeria people r always arrested witout getting the real culprit, don't the IG hv any special tin to do instead of deploying special tast force to delta because of one woman, is she the minister, hw many special force hv bn deployed to other victims in time past, why is her case different and why is it a subject of discuss, I sware since this incident, with the wy police r patrolin benin with fully armed in every junctn and corner u go, if this the way it has bn I tink kidnaping and crimes would hv bn a tin of the past, why r they just waking up, am very sure after the woman is free the effectiv policing and initial gra gra would also stop, foolish hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by samfibby(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2012
special police officers? Are those ones bribe free or think with their foot instead of their AK-47 rifle. Abeg...i dey smh...make the kidnappers remember us o..oo..after sharing their ransome.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by adesammy1(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
all these are propaganda propagandised by propaganist. Them go confess wen the time comes.

posted with love from angwa godo zaria from my nokia 3310: 2013 model.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by Shenez: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2012
Nobody is safe any more
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by dhrey: 8:15am On Dec 13, 2012
I pray non of my generation b part of NPF.dey are part of d pple corruptin dis nation,at d end dey would say friend of d pple.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by dhrey: 8:16am On Dec 13, 2012
adesammy1: [color=#990000][/color]
all these are propaganda propagandised by propaganist. Them go confess wen the time comes.

posted with love from angwa godo zaria from my nokia 3310: 2013 model.
i taught it is 4rom nokia b29.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by vanstanzy(m): 8:19am On Dec 13, 2012
Nigerian Police, why am i not surprised at this news. NPF that collects N20, N50 on our roads as though their lives depends on it, well it does.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by Bighrt: 8:24am On Dec 13, 2012
God will punish dem. Wen lecturers (prof) were crying of kidnapping in delta state dey did nt do anything.if dey ve taken d matter seriously it would ve reduced. Nw it has happened to d mother of d finance minister dey r sendin police frm abuja. Y can't d same treatment b given to oda citizen so unfair. Wen it happen to others it's like it happened to chicken y others r queen. I always knew police had somethin to do wrt all dis kidnapping.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by SamMilla1(m): 8:36am On Dec 13, 2012
Smh. Why arresting them? They should have been monitored, followed until the woman is rescued or released. The kidnappers are on alert now. This same shit happened to my elder brother and we are still looking for him since Sept 2010.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by brownlord: 8:45am On Dec 13, 2012
Sam Milla: Smh. Why arresting them? They should have been monitored, followed until the woman is rescued or released. The kidnappers are on alert now. This same shit happened to my elder brother and we are still looking for him since Sept 2010.

Gosh, so sorry bro, that Nigeria for u, if u become succeful the best tin for u is move down to lag or abj, where u a little safe or better still zap commot frm nja, even if na ghana better than, God save us
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by ypzilanti: 8:46am On Dec 13, 2012
What are police officers doing guarding the mother of Nigeria's finance minister? Does this mean we have police officers guarding the parents of all cabinet members and senators in Nigeria? On Nigeria's pay roll?

The Law only allows police orderlies for Judges, Governors and deputies as well as Local government chairmen and Presidency. I wonder why no one is questioning this anomaly. The police even has the effontry to announce that they stationed police officers there permanently.

If the Local police is efficient and able to respond within 10 minutes to any emergency...as is the case in developed countries...there is no need to allocate police officers to individuals.

Many Nigerians do not understand how bad our police is compared to other countries.

In small towns in the USA, the police is very accessible and respond time is very fast. I once had police officers storm my house because i pressed the number 9 on my phone! Just 9! They said they came to make sure that I was not in trouble and someone prevented me from dialing 911!

Government should fund the Local Governments and give them power to have council police offcers too. We dont need to arm them, but we can train them in conducting investigation, information gathering, and minor law enforcement. afterall, police officers in England are not armed, but call for back up in dangerous situations. In Nigeria's case, these guys would have motorcycles, and bicycles and parade the local governments (where they are also residents) mixing with the people and gathering information.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2012
I'm not happy that they kidnapped a 82yr old grandmother sad
So IGP can be involved sending forces to rescue the mama?I would av been so happy if the only ransom they needed is the resignation of NOI.
When she was supporting the fuel subsidy removal,people protested and some people died and now,she wants her mother alive when it came to her turn.
Govt are indeed for the rich and powerful ones bt pls,they shld not harm the 82yr old grandmother even though she is a beneficiary of our money but still,they shld pls not harm her for God's sake
I tired for ds country.God's own country,here I come in 2014 IJN
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by Revolva(m): 8:48am On Dec 13, 2012
grin Nigeria I hail fow yansh don dey open small time una go hear say okonjo family involve haha I don't even trust madam okonjo sef she fit dey too
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by infohenry(m): 9:06am On Dec 13, 2012
ubong560: Som grammar blown on dis forum can cause an instant stomach ulcer afta reading it. Lord help us and let's not be victim of agbagun-amen!
Read your comment again. Mr I TOO KNOW.
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by Decapo: 9:13am On Dec 13, 2012
What can I say
Re: 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping by 2goodbobo(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2012
When an elite is kidnapped, it becomes a National issue but when the "have not" is been kidnapped nobody is aware of it not to talk of escalating it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Back Atiku On Fuel Price Reduction / Residents Flee As Hoodlums Kill Policemen, Injure Many / Nigeria Political Party With Their Motto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.