Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,323 members, 7,867,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:49 AM

Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England (12957 Views)

Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager / Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Born2beRich1(m): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2012
I dont think that someone with his right senses will want to coach arsenal...as long as d board of directors and owners are stingy to buy world class players,arsenal will continue to remain a selling club...d only advise i hav for pep is to choose btw man u,chelsea or man city for d BPL..
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Born2beRich1(m): 11:31am On Dec 13, 2012
I dont think that someone with his right senses will want to coach arsenal...as long as d board of directors and owners are stingy to buy world class players,arsenal will continue to remain a selling club...d only advise i hav for pep is to choose btw man u,chelsea or man city for d BPL to avoid heart attack..
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by odave: 11:33am On Dec 13, 2012
Nasri100: In Arsene We trust
remove the t from that trust jooo...in Arsene we Rust, no style, no game plan, no tactics...smh...the fans pay d highest fee for them to b sad week in week out, he's one of the highest paid manager with top 4 as his yearly trophy...indeed in Arsene we rust gringrin o ga o

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Basic(m): 11:36am On Dec 13, 2012
solomon111: chelsea are debt free.
@topic
good for him,cos i don't want him near chelsea.
He has the aura of a 'flop' all over him.
We will wait for mourinho the special one.
Mourinho? Again? Keep dreaming!
Oh, he may come back after Abramovic's death.
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 13, 2012
Lol. I've always had reservations about Pep Guardiola's managerial competence, now all doubts are cleared. The dude is an insecure, diffident wimp - only wimps prefer mediocre 'stability' to glorious challenges. He is obviously seduced by the mediocrity that prevails at Arsenal, where his failure to compete for trophies in the foreseeable future would be condoned and overlooked! Apparently, he can't do much without Messi's magic. What a frightened little barbie the clown is!

I happen to hate Mourinho with a passion. . .but this time I have to admit that he is far better than this wimp. Mourinho relishes challenges and believes in his own ability to deliver the goods. Who needs 'stability' when you can deliver? How much 'stability' did Mourinho need at Chelsea, Inter Milan, and Madrid to win so many trophies - with different players and teams - in very short periods, under very demanding and exacting owners?

2 Likes

Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by texazzpete(m): 11:58am On Dec 13, 2012
Yeah right.

That was how a 'source' told us that Eden Hazard was DEFINITELY coming to Manchester United...Only for the wastepipe to move to Chelsea.

All these 'sources' are almost always full of crap
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Zet72(m): 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
ochukoccna: That would great news to lift the gloom which has enveloped Arsenal, their fans and the Emirates stadium
Smart move by Pep
Of all the big teams in England, Arsenal and Yoonited are about the most stable managerially
AW will NOT BE SACKED

Face it, his contract expires in the summer
While the fans hate him, the board is will be eternally thankful to him
Probably, they will move him up the board and find a position for him
Of all the big teams in England, Arsenal is the least indebted
How many teams can fund the season and build a new stadium at the same time?
Not many
Wasn't it debt that has phucked up Liverpool?
Yoonited is along the same path, only that the brand is VERY lucrative and they are winning
AW is an ETERNAL legend
Arsenal fans may not acknowledge so now but they will when UEFA financial fair play rules kick in
tongue
ochukoccna: That would great news to lift the gloom which has enveloped Arsenal, their fans and the Emirates stadium
Smart move by Pep
Of all the big teams in England, Arsenal and Yoonited are about the most stable managerially
AW will NOT BE SACKED

Face it, his contract expires in the summer
While the fans hate him, the board is will be eternally thankful to him
Probably, they will move him up the board and find a position for him
Of all the big teams in England, Arsenal is the least indebted
How many teams can fund the season and build a new stadium at the same time?
Not many
Wasn't it debt that has phucked up Liverpool?
Yoonited is along the same path, only that the brand is VERY lucrative and they are winning
AW is an ETERNAL legend
Arsenal fans may not acknowledge so now but they will when UEFA financial fair play rules kick in
shatap mistar man which dept Bleep Liverpool up ,why talking trash on what u don't know ..for ur information Liverpool is deptless. Sory ,what is ur joy at the end of every season ur team go trophyless (arsenal)
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Mojibola(m): 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2012
Shey because he has won trophies wth Barca, he thinks he can do d same wth Arsenal?...there're some teams that are very easy to manage e.g. Barca (full of talents that are so used to each other), the manager could as well be sleeping during d match, therez high pobablity they'd win...buh Arsenal, naaaah....not as easy!
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by psyqs(m): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
plain and simple......wenger out
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by dopeJemi: 12:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
WilL it stop simba 4rm saying dis? undecided

Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by slap1(m): 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
Maybe Wenger will be made Director, then. He can't be sacked!
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Blackbody20(m): 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
Wenger is no more the man needed. He is only living on past records. He lacked clue, direction and technicality expertise. The worst part of it is that he proves stubborn everytime. His team selection and substitution shows dt he's no more on the right path. He cant even motivate the players unless he wants to defend their flaws. We need someone like Pep who could get the best out of ur young squad.
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by fredyluv10(m): 12:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
as a gunners fan.. i think wenger has lost his magic touch a long time ago.. its time for him to leave embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by blasterman(m): 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
forget,chelsea as a club is in debt but because of their OGA they can still sign big players.
solomon111: chelsea are debt free.
@topic
good for him,cos i don't want him near chelsea.
He has the aura of a 'flop' all over him.
We will wait for mourinho the special one.
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
Torn btwn d devil & deep blue sea... Wenger is a legend n 'star maker'. Though he does nt win trophies ,he kips d books in gud form. Whl Guardiola might achieve d desired result, he lacks d qualities stated above of Wenger. In d end d board has d final say & we know what their interest is.
Win or loose, swim or sink...GUNNER4LIFE!
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
“Guardiola doesn’t want to go to Chelsea. He is worried about the lack of stability. He also has a good relationship with Wenger dating back to when he started doing his coaching badges at Arsenal.”
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has sounded out the 41-year-old on a number of occasions but Guardiolahas strong reservations about taking a job where the manager’s position is so insecure.
as a chelsea fan, yes i hope abrahomov-rich should read, everything is not about the pounds!
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Oahray: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
I'd rather Pep goes to man city. Arsenal is apparently satisfied with just UCL qualification. Man city NEEDS a REAL coach. Mancini is crap!
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by abijossy: 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2012
It's Obvious Wenger is old and lack the ideas....He should go and rest
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Brisingr(m): 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
Any coach that sells his best players every season and qualify for champ league every time is aces in my book.I can't wait for peps vacation to end I would like to see his coaching skills without the barca squad.
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by pipeewa(m): 3:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
Think abt this...MOU to Mancity.Though Sir Ferg wants him to take over frm him: MOU will soon leave Real Madrid. He still courts Inter Milan.
If MOU goes to City then Pep has just an option of Manu in EPl.
Arsene stays put. Who will sack wenger? the biz in AFC is of mutual benefits.
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by IYANGBALI: 3:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
Gentle Naaz: Pep wl mk it any where, any club , any part of d world.
dream on
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by ceospecial(m): 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] Terminate! Terminate!! TERMINATE!!! Arsene wenger must go! Ha! Dem nor dey tell person this kind tin ke? Sacking tins on my mind! Gardy boi! I'll employ u next yr!
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
Dear Lord, let this be true. Arsene pleae move to director of football so Guardiola can take over as our long term coach. Imagine being able to access young stars from the La Masia!

2 Likes

Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Oahray: 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
davidylan: Dear Lord, let this be true. Arsene pleae move to director of football so Guardiola can take over as our long term coach. Imagine being able to access young stars from the La Masia!
Has Arsenal ever lacked young stars? What they need is to stop selling them as soon as they mature.
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by naijalodge(m): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
pep too like already made teams,abeg look for a nt so stronge team and make them compete for trophies....and remember to bring messi along to english leauge make we confirm wether ee no they true true they get injury ;Dpep too like already made teams,abeg look for a nt so stronge team and make them compete for trophies....and remember to bring messi along to english leauge make we confirm wether ee no they true true they get injury
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
Nasri100: In Arsene We trust
SPEAK FOR YOURSELF
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by pmc01(m): 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2012
The board is crazy just like the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Venchy: 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
I hope we can get Pep after Wenger but we'll never forget the French Man for all the good works.....

Things quickly in Life.
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by sucess001(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2012
pro01: Lol. I've always had reservations about Pep Guardiola's managerial competence, now all doubts are cleared. The dude is an insecure, diffident wimp - only wimps prefer mediocre 'stability' to glorious challenges. He is obviously seduced by the mediocrity that prevails at Arsenal, where his failure to compete for trophies in the foreseeable future would be condoned and overlooked! Apparently, he can't do much without Messi's magic. What a frightened little barbie the clown is!

I happen to hate Mourinho with a passion. . .but this time I have to admit that he is far better than this wimp. Mourinho relishes challenges and believes in his own ability to deliver the goods. Who needs 'stability' when you can deliver? How much 'stability' did Mourinho need at Chelsea, Inter Milan, and Madrid to win so many trophies - with different players and teams - in very short periods, under very demanding and exacting owners?

Bros...ur knowlegde of football is wierd.

Arsenal hasn't won anytin since 2005. Tells u pep is more of a challeenger dan mou. U dnt even knw anytin bro. Mou has never managed a team below 2nd d previous season before. Check it. Pep took over barca wen barca finished 3rd behind real and villareal and made dem wat they re now...that is taking challenges...bringin a struggling team and making dem competitive not doin wat mou does by splashin d cash with a stable team.iF he wanted 'stability he wud still be in barca...

In any case...I dnt tink dis story has solid basis..+ne cos wenger won't be sacked and he won't wanna leave without winning sometin...2nd...I see pep in man city...

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by 1025: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2012
this is only possible if arsenal is sold to another abrahimovic. with these sets of traders at arsenal board, i will tell u it is impossible. a guadiola that has managed the best legs in football will not make a mistake of managing a diabi, sagna and ramsey infested arsenal.
do not forget that this same guadiola said of wilshere, he is a good player but in barca, he can only be in team B.
will arsenal board give up their profit posting for expensive players because pep can't settle for less.
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
Brisingr: Any coach that sells his best players every season and qualify for champ league every time is aces in my book. I can't wait for peps vacation to end I would like to see his coaching skills without the barca squad.

That is why I believe Arsene Wenger is arguably the best manager in club football. I would LOVE to see him manage Chelsea, but I realise that is very unlikely. In my book, he is better than Mourinho. The guy is a phenomenon with what he has CONSISTENTLY achieved over the last decade, even with meagre resources and mediocre players.

The last time he had real stars to work with, he finished unbeaten in the league and got to the UCL final the next season. I imagine he would perform wonders with teams like Chelsea or Man City. No other manager in Europe can consistently finish in top four in so many consecutive seasons with the little boys and second rate men he is forced to work with. I dare say Guardiola may even be battling relegation with some of the players Wenger manages to make top four with every season.

Arsenal fans don't appreciate him because they don't get the point: The board is to blame for the club's woes NOT Wenger. . . .unless you expect Wenger to buy expensive star players with his personal money and prevent the departure/sale of home-grown stars by his own personal efforts.
Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by A40(m): 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
pro01: Lol. I've always had reservations about Pep Guardiola's managerial competence, now all doubts are cleared. The dude is an insecure, diffident wimp - only wimps prefer mediocre 'stability' to glorious challenges. He is obviously seduced by the mediocrity that prevails at Arsenal, where his failure to compete for trophies in the foreseeable future would be condoned and overlooked! Apparently, he can't do much without Messi's magic. What a frightened little barbie the clown is!
Do you even know if this is a genuine article before passing this comment? I don't believe one bit that Pep would want anything to do with Arsenal. Same ninja that said Barca have 6 Wilsheres in their B team
Messi is Messi because of Pep you ninjas should never forget that

pro01:
Coaches thrive under different scenarios! Claiming Barca gives stability is being a bit economical with the truth! Ninjas forget Rijkaard was sacked after going for just 2 seasons without a trophy despite winning back to back leagues and the UCL as well!
2008/2009 was Pep's first season as a senior team coach! If he liked stability so much why didn't he stay after 3 league titles,2 UCL's 2 supercups and 2 WCC's 2 CDR's??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? / Arsenal Vs Southampton (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2014 / Middle-East Consortium To Buy Arsenal For £1.5bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.