Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? (12915 Views)

Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? / Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? / FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Fimmy(m): 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2006
i will like to know who is the best Coach in the English premiership?
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Nas05: 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2006
I think the best coach without doubt is the professor himself and that is Arsene Wenger. The coach is simply a magician. He picks boys and turns them into men. He reads the game and turns everything in favour of The Gunners. I simply love that guy. Watch out for Arsenal if the finals of the Champions League.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Badman888(m): 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2006
i hate the guy but i have to give it to Mourino but overall succesful would be Sir Alex feugrson
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2006
Nas05:

The coach is simply a magician. He reads the game and turns everything in favour of The Gunners. I simply love that guy.

No wonder, they are on the top of the Premiership.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by babwilms(m): 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2006
Even Steven Wonder and Ray Charles know its ARSENE WENGER
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by nightrider: 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2006
alex ferguson
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by salehm(m): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2006
Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger they are the best.Jose is just coming up smiley

Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by mukina2: 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2006
Nas05:

I think the best coach without doubt is the professor himself and that is Arsene Wenger. The coach is simply a magician. He picks boys and turns them into men. He reads the game and turns everything in favour of The Gunners. I simply love that guy. Watch out for Arsenal if the finals of the Champions League.
yes o kiss kiss kiss wink wink wink grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Fimmy(m): 12:07am On Apr 18, 2006
Fergie 4 life
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Priscila(f): 9:06am On Apr 18, 2006
Wenger is incomparable!
I ve heard he transformed Igwe into wat he is now!
Who else can do that?
My boo was discarded by Juve as a non-performer but now the whole world is crying foul cos of him

Arsen Wenger is the Chief in Command and rules all those who go for ready made players

Hooray ! Arsen you go unoppossed
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by nightrider: 9:11am On Apr 18, 2006
arsene wenger transformed igwe, vieira, nicholas anelka etc.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Priscila(f): 11:30am On Apr 18, 2006
my second best is morinho!
he has turned a group of under-achieving egos into the best team in England
he is a genuinely exceptional personality!
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2006
Priscila:

Arsen Wenger is the Chief in Command and rules all those who go for ready made players

Is Kanu NOT A ready-made players when he join Arsenal in 1998/1999
He has won everything in club football in Ajax.
He's already African footballer of the year.

He only takes risk by buying a player with heart problem.Period!

How much did he pay for Henry in that year?

Very Very Expensive in the market at that time
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by nightrider: 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2006
kanu was rotting on inter milan bench, everybody had forgotten how talented he was? Inter were so happy to throw him away for four million. i remember inter chief saying he couldn't believe that arsenal would even pay that much for a player who was just sitting on their bench.

Henry: nobody knew he was this good. he was changed from a winger to a striker. arsene made him what he is today. Juve thot they were cheating arsenal, by selling a useless player for 10 million. i'm sure they were surprised when arsene bought him. (because he could see the diamond in the rough).

vieira played only two games for ac milan. he was sitting in reserve team, not even substitutes bench when wenger picked him.

fabregas nko. it was from barcelona's b team arsene bought him.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by mochafella(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2006
nightrider:

fabregas nko. it was from barcelona's b team arsene bought him.

I thot Cesc was in the youth team, and was yet to sign a professional contract. Besides why would Barca want to hamper his career if he won't get to play. It's not like Barca had the hole in their midfield that Arsenal had after Viera was sold. I'm sure Barca knew they had a good player, but he was surplus to requirements like Riquelme.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Nas05: 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2006
I still maintain that Wenger is the best. Look at the "Use and dump" of Fergie. That does not potray him as a good coach. Look at the way Wenger respected and still continued using Bergkamp. That is respect for talent. What happened at Man U? Fergie dumped Beckham and Keane like a wet rag. cry No right thinking coach will ever do that. Look at what is happening to Nistelrooy. The writing is on the wall. A good coach never wastes or disrespects his players. grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by mochafella(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2006
Nas05:

I still maintain that Wenger is the best. Look at the "Use and dump" of Fergie.
erm, what happened between Wenger and Viera or Benitez and Owen. Benitez was even ready to sell Gerrard when he was getting drifty feet. The last thing any coach wants is an uncommited player. The moment they feel the player's mind is elsewhere they will dump you. Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Hiddink or Capello will all tell you the same thing. No player is worth it if they are not ready to work for the team.

Let's not forget Giggsy is still at ManU even though he had contract issues. And Wenger also refused to give Dennis the menace more than a 1 year contract. Of course some coaches are more confrontational than others, i.e. Fergie's boot and Beckham's head, but commitment or lack of it is the main reason for unusual sell-offs.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Nas05: 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2006
You said "Fergies boot on Beckham's head. That shows a lack of respect on tha part of the coach. As for Bergkamp even I will not support a contract renewal as it will be taking it too far.
A testimonial match has been planned for Bergkamp on the day of the opening of the Brand New Stadium between Arsenal old stars and Ajax old stars. You are invited to watch and see how players are respected even to the last day. ARSENAL 4 LIFE.
Did you see the sea of orange at the stadium for Bergkamp the other day? 10 years of dazzling the fans. What more can you ask for?
Am sure Fergie will not mind applauding Wenger for that.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by nightrider: 7:06pm On Apr 18, 2006
word.

fergie truly dumps his players that what i really don't like about him. see what he did to dwight yorke. Beckham quoted it as one of the main reasons he left for madrid, he didn't want fergie to end up treating him like yorke. also see how keane was booted out. after how many years and trophies, what about andy cole and paul ince. even beckham himself. Ruud is the next on the list. when he's tru wit rooney he'll kick him out.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by mochafella(m): 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2006
Nas05:

You said "Fergies boot on Beckham's head. That shows a lack of respect on tha part of the coach.
erm, It was unintentional, Fergie was annoyed, he kicked a boot and it hit Spiceboy, it was not aimed at him. Why would you want to injure your star player at halftime of a game you are losing when you want to win? Think about that b4 you reply.

Nas05:

As for Bergkamp even I will not support a contract renewal as it will be taking it too far.
Well that shows you Wenger knows when to "dump" players as well. Sentiments have no place in a coach's mind. If you are not needed you will be discarded or benched, regardless of your past. And if you complain about the bench you will be discarded.

Nas05:

A testimonial match has been planned for Bergkamp on the day of the opening of the Brand New Stadium between Arsenal old stars and Ajax old stars.
Do you really want me to start digging for the players who have had testimonials at Old trafford as well?
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by mochafella(m): 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2006
nightrider:

Beckham quoted it as one of the main reasons he left for madrid,

Yeah, like the stuff Ballack has being saying about leaving Bayern. Players will always find a "fan-palatable" excuse to leave when they are ready. Most players don't want to be booed/hated by their former club fans.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 7:36pm On Apr 18, 2006
nightrider:

kanu was rotting on inter milan bench, everybody had forgotten how talented he was? Inter were so happy to throw him away for four million. i remember inter chief saying he couldn't believe that arsenal would even pay that much for a player who was just sitting on their bench.

If there is one player i know a lot about its is Kanu. from the day Odegbami recommended him for U-17 till now. I beg dont tell me what i know.

How could 6th best player in the World in 1996 warm the bench in Inter?

According to Ogbonna, Ronaldo come to pick Kanu to trainning every morning in Italy.

No Profit-focused good club will go for a player with heart problem.

Wenger just came to let him play football and he takes some time before Arsenal started paying him wages.

nightrider:

Henry: nobody knew he was this good. he was changed from a winger to a striker. arsene made him what he is today. Juve thot they were cheating arsenal, by selling a useless player for 10 million. i'm sure they were surprised when arsene bought him. (because he could see the diamond in the rough).

1) Did you know that Wenger has coached Henry and our own Ikpeba before at Monaco?

2) How big is £10m in 1999 ?

3) How much is the highest paid player in the world in 1999?
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by nightrider: 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2006
kola i know wenger coached henry in monaco. if he was a fantastic player juve will not have sold him. Juve sold him for that price because they had just bought him from monaco after he scored 3 goals at the world cup and they wanted to make a profit regardless of how useless the player was. I watched henry's games for juve , he was a misfit. even juve fans still yab him that he wasn't good enough for their team.

when henry was bought did you know he will become the best striker in the world?
wenger knew, thats why he converted him from wings to striker, thats the piont i'm making.

kanu did absolutely nothing at inter thru his heart problem, when he recovered he only played a few games because he had to struggle for place with Djorkaeff. he was called the "graceful swan" in italian by the fans because of the ease with which he played. But he was not the absolutely fantastic club player he became in arsenal.

how can it take sometime before arsenal pay him wages? where have you ever heard that.

Even Kanu admitted that they day he realised he still had his skill was when he totally turned jaap stam around during an arsenal vs man-u match.

nobody saw the potential in kanu as much as wenger did after his heart disease.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2006
@NightRider

I believe the only way for me to get my message across is to supply URL, i will do that when i get enough time.

Again,

How big is £10m in 1999?

How much does World highest paid footballer get then?
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by nightrider: 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2006
kola i think you are mistaking how much is paid to the club with how much is paid to the player. transfer fee is different from salary.

Arsenal paid Juve $10 million not thierry henry.  Bottomline is henry was a small boy, it's only his 3 goals in world cup that exposed him very well as potential to the world. Thats why Juve bought him. He played nonsense on the left wing for juve, arsenal bought him from juve after just about 6 or so games. he wasn't worth the money paid at the time. But arsene saw the potential thats why he bought him.

even henry will tell you wenger transformed him
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by HUSH2(m): 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2006
You cant argue with the writings on the wall

professor is it!
Arsene for arsenal

He has successfully brought up unknowns and turned them into champions. . . . .and he did it twice

Fergie did it once lets see him attempt it again

I dont even wan2 talk abt that pompous ass jose cos i wont finish today

Whatever the results i duff my hat to the prof

We're going to europe again next yr just wait and see

Gunners 4 life
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Nas05: 11:22am On Apr 19, 2006
You are my main man Nightrider. Many people think that what they read in the papers i.e. the transfer fees quoted goes to the player. That is wrong. The club is paid for the services of the player then they now seat and negotiate on salaries and don't forget that the agent also gets his own chunk, then the taxes.
It is only Wenger that will buy CKDP (consciously kept dead players) and turn them into CHASSIS that others will covet after.
Gunners for life. Have you seen the new emirate stadium? When Wenger was saving cost and going for CKDP, he was called a miser. He had vision. Look at what is happening now.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2006
nightrider:

kola i think you are mistaking how much is paid to the club with how much is paid to the player. transfer fee is different from salary.

No mistake, i understand it thorougly, i am somehow into Sport Management.

nightrider:

Arsenal paid Juve $10 million not thierry henry.

It is NOT $10m , it is £10.5m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/blackflash/profile_henry.html

H.U.S.H:

He has successfully brought up unknowns and turned them into champions. . . . .and he did it twice

Wenger is a very good Manager, he is technically good, he believes in youth policy. He bring out the best out of a troubled player. but he is not the Angel as potrayed by Nairaland gunners.

Is Lauren(a Camerounian international) from Atletico madrid an unknown player?
Is Kanu Nwankwo an Unknown Player ?
Is Dennis Beckgham Unknown?
Is Henry Unknown?
Is Viera Unknown?
Is Alexander Hleb unknown?

Please give me a break.

@NightRider

What i am driving at is £10.5m is highly expensive in 1999?
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by nightrider: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2006
kola there is no player who is not known, this is a simple matter. it's whether they are regarded as brilliant, that is the matter.

when was the first time you heard the name vieira , was it not in highbury. he was sitting in reserves at milan.
the issue here is that wenger takes players that are just good and makes them superstars , thats what we are saying.
so relax.

did you know toure or eboue, now people are saying they are fantastic defenders. did you know anelka. give props were props is due jo.
how won't 10 million be expensive, when juve had just bought him. they had to make profit.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Skintite(f): 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2006
I dont knw if am being sentimental but i also think wenger is a great coach
Buyin ready made players n winnin trophies is not great coachin

The ability to see talent and create talents to bring good result is coaching
Wengers ability to boost young players is wat makes him great

Akola, all those player u mentioned were good players
but became amongst the best players under wenger
That is the quality we r talkikn about

Evry player is known, but only to a limited number of pple
either in his country or club supporters
So gainin world wide recognition is different from that

Wenger gave them world recognition
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by mochafella(m): 6:32pm On Apr 19, 2006
Skintite:

Buyin ready made players n winnin trophies is not great coachin

erm,
how will you describe Capello, Ancelotti, Benitez, Beckenbauer, Hiddink, Ottmar Hitzfeld. They are not great coaches?

Do note, I'm not arguing if Wenger is a great coach or not. I'm just wondering about you sidelining the fellows above. shocked
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Nas05: 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2006
But I thought we were talking bout the the greatest coach in the Premiership? Benitez just came in yesterday. All the others mentioned are very very good but in other leagues. Lets not lose focus o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England / Swansea City Vs Chelsea 1 - 1 On 3rd November 2012 / Middle-East Consortium To Buy Arsenal For £1.5bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.