Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,874 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere (6030 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by elbinmanny(m): 2:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
berem: Na today? Hoodlums have taking over the country since 1999.who are the hoodlums if I may ask? Na PDP na!

Bokoharam-PDP-hoodlums
Kidnappers-PDP-hoodlums
Oil Theft-PDP-hoodlums
Sounds like another cattle phucking clit (CPC)
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by elbinmanny(m): 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
advocate666: It is now official that oily soup causes retardation of the brain cells. So 2012, after 60 years of hoodlum rulership, Afenifere starts to sound warnings. Have they been asleep all these years or is this the consequence of free education?
Its early morning sickness after being bleeped by mallam arewa cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
D afenifere shld start by disarming & disbanding d OPC ; ohaneze d MASSOB & arewa d boko haram. It is ds ethnic militias dat throw up political leaders who aid n abet crime in office.
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by drnoel: 3:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
They have already and u are their chairperson
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by Remii(m): 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
abi they have already taken over, msheeewwww
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by citizenisb: 3:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
Second, this nation is littered with 3rd worlders and those people are VERY comfortable, accustomed, ok with having oligarchs (who are white) rule over them and commit massive corruption every single day.  In fact, in black-run cities, they virtually INSIST on having a corrupt leader.  Bonus points if he's black too.

Ordinary whites seem to believe blacks have the same innate notions of right and wrong and even same basic concept of how government works.  They don't. Most asians get this, but they have corruption issues as well.  Blacks don't conceptualize governance as representation, they conceptualize it as ownership, chiefdom.  It is not corruption to them, it is what the chief do with he property, as he see fit because it beez his.

There's no innate African concept of construction, building for the future, things are here and now, very non future time oriented.  We got 13% of them
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by Willywilly9: 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
yorubas are the problem with nigeria
yorubas are dirty
yorubas are ugly
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by Donald7610: 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
berem: Na today? Hoodlums have taking over the country since 1999.who are the hoodlums if I may ask? Na PDP na!

Bokoharam-PDP-hoodlums
Kidnappers-PDP-hoodlums
Oil Theft-PDP-hoodlums

Shut ur dirty mouth, idiot slavery ACN

ACN leads in Thuggery
PDP leads in corruption
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by gulfer: 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
Are they just realizing this, hoodlums took over Nigeria since 1999?
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by Gbawe: 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
mrrock: There's definitely a rise in the spate of lawlessness in this country. Those of us that follow events in Nigeria know why.
Make no mistakes the Otedola VS Farouk Lawan saga and compensation to Niger delta militants is a catalyst to this recent huge rise in crime. Needless mentioning the consistent looting of our commonwealth by government officials.
................. Everybody now know that crime pay in Nigeria.

Indeed. An aspect of spiraling crime is the perception ,by those predisposed to committing crime, that this Government , perhaps far more than any other since 1999, is one totally disinterested in moving against offenders. As such kidnapping, corruption, terrorism, financial crime et al will proliferate.

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
Willy+willy:
yorubas are the problem with nigeria
yorubas are dirty
yorubas are ugly

Why did you remove all your "Oops Google cannot find this page" links? Even Google is calling you a liar!
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by Willywilly9: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hoodlums took over Nigeria when Awolowo and Akintola were teaching Yorubas thuggery way of life.

4 Likes

Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
I pray and hope that it doesn't get worse than this after GEJ leaves .....for now we are stuck with this clueless set of people in govt.
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by Gbawe: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
Donald7610:

Shut ur dirty mouth, idiot slavery ACN

ACN leads in Thuggery
PDP leads in corruption

Why the insult? How does the ACN lead in thuggery in comparison to the "nest of killers"? I don't know why we love rewriting history in Nigeria.

Is it because the ACN have won a few States that you now think we have all developed collective amnesia as regards what obtained in the past? Guy, PDP wrote the book on thuggery, political "do or die" and wanton assassination" hence Woles Soyinka christening the Party " a nest of killers".

It would interest you to know that, OBJ, a PDP President, now running around the world in electoral hypocrisy, conducted an election (2003) so marred with rigging, thuggery, killings and brazen ballot snatching that International observers christened that election " perhaps the worst in the history of man". Abeg do you know what Oyo was under OBJ, Adedibu and the PDP in comparison to what it is today? Ditto for Ogun, Ekiti and Osun under Gbenga daniel, Segun oni and Oyinlola respectively. Some of us have no problem with our memory at all.

Also, is the poster you insulted not generally correct? Is PDP not the Party mainly linked with Boko Haram? Which Party since 1999, has presided over Nigeria's oil income, subsidy payment, NNPC BPD (Barrels per day) allocation and oil bloc allocation?

It is only the claim of kidnapping I don't know much about but the PDP is indeed a "nest of killers".

3 Likes

Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by nduchucks: 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
It suffices to say that we are by no means on top of the world regarding our system of government or electioneering in Nigeria. We are a young democracy and by any standard, we have improved our election process constantly, thanks to Jega. We obviously have to deal with growing pains which. Insha Allah, we shall overcome.

I have to laugh like OBJ, when the kettle, in the likeness of Afenifere old coots, start calling other pots (aka hoodlums) black. Nonesense. The generation of Afenifere leaders/elders have done more to ruin Nigeria than any so-called hooldlum can ever do. One day go be one day, monkey go go market.......
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by Gbawe: 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
ndu_chucks: It suffices to say that we are by no means on top of the world regarding our system of government or electioneering in Nigeria. We are a young democracy and by any standard, we have improved our election process constantly, thanks to Jega. We obviously have to deal with growing pains which. Insha Allah, we shall overcome.

I have to laugh like OBJ, when the kettle, in the likeness of Afenifere old coots, start calling other pots (aka hoodlums) black. Nonesense. The generation of Afenifere leaders/elders have done more to ruin Nigeria than any so-called hooldlum can ever do. One day go be one day, monkey go go market.......

Ndu chucks, why are you so fond of rounding on the messenger? Is our security challenge not serious? Is it not obvious that the government is failing to mount a robust challenge against crime? Will you, god forbid, be shouting Afenifere when a loved one falls victim to kidnappers or terrorists? No matter who says it, hoodlums are indeed taking over Nigeria. We are better served discussing that instead of attacking the messenger. That is a sign of small-mindedness to me.
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by nduchucks: 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
Gbawe:

Ndu chucks, why are you so fond of rounding on the messenger? Is our security challenge not serious? Is it not obvious that the government is failing to mount a robust challenge against crime? Will you, god forbid, be shouting Afenifere when a loved one falls victim to kidnappers or terrorists? No matter who says it, hoodlums are indeed taking over Nigeria. We are better served discussing that instead of attacking the messenger. That is a sign of small-mindedness to me.

Oga, if you think hoodlums are just now taking over Nigeria, as opposed to hoodlums HAVE taken over Nigeria, then you are more naive than I thought. Everyone knows that the security situation in Nigeria is worse than that of the war zones of the middle east. Afenifere's warning is too little too late.
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by vanunu: 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2012
The fact remains that what ever happens in a society is the product of that society, 'You do not plant cassava and harvest yam' never. Nigerians should examine their conscience, especially civil and public servants, 99% of them are simply unrepentant criminals, and they think that these young men that engage in this evil act of kidnapping don't know
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
PointB: Nothing new here! Hoodlums, brigands, cabals, despots, and rascals have ran and ruin this country for very long time. What we are witnessing now is the result of commulative damage to the country's commonwealth. The president can only do so much. Local leaders and state governors have as much stake in peace, security, and welfare of their constituency, and this include Afenifere itself. Rather than whining, complaining and pointing fingers, they should intensive effort in sensitising their immediate communities and society. FG cannot do it alone!

you sound intoxicated in this response. c'mon, come up with a warmer and people-friendly response.

.....by the way, hope business still dey boom for East. grin
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 6:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
ndu_chucks: It suffices to say that we are by no means on top of the world regarding our system of government or electioneering in Nigeria. We are a young democracy and by any standard, we have improved our election process constantly, thanks to Jega. We obviously have to deal with growing pains which. Insha Allah, we shall overcome.

what a rasklat! shocked.

In the development of Nigeria West has sacrificed the most that peace and order may reign in the nation. North and East hav each, and consistently, brewed problems for a peaceful co-existence.

Afenifere is a principal partner and actor in guiding the principles and action of Westerners for an amiable and calm response to the storm and chaos coming from the rest of the country.

get it right Mr!
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 6:52pm On Dec 13, 2012
citizenisb: Second, this nation is littered with 3rd worlders and those people are VERY comfortable, accustomed, ok with having oligarchs (who are white) rule over them and commit massive corruption every single day.  In fact, in black-run cities, they virtually INSIST on having a corrupt leader.  Bonus points if he's black too.

Ordinary whites seem to believe blacks have the same innate notions of right and wrong and even same basic concept of how government works.  They don't. Most asians get this, but they have corruption issues as well.  Blacks don't conceptualize governance as representation, they conceptualize it as ownership, chiefdom.  It is not corruption to them, it is what the chief do with he property, as he see fit because it beez his.

There's no innate African concept of construction, building for the future, things are here and now, very non future time oriented.  We got 13% of them

thumbs up!!
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by nduchucks: 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO:

what a rasklat! shocked.

In the development of Nigeria West has sacrificed the most that peace and order may reign in the nation. North and East hav each, and consistently, brewed problems for a peaceful co-existence.

Afenifere is a principal partner and actor in guiding the principles and action of Westerners for an amiable and calm response to the storm and chaos coming from the rest of the country.

get it right Mr!

Kabiyesi, you sound like a bonafide member of the Afonja Descendants' Union, currently presided over by Alhaji Abdulkarim Olola Kasumu.

By the way, I do not necessarily disagree with your characterization of Afenifere, but I will state here that many of its founding fathers and members activively participated in the ruining of this country. That generation of people do not deserve praise. I mean, look at where we are. Na now dem know say security bad for naija? where dem dey before?
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Kabiyesi, you sound like a bonafide member of the Afonja Descendants' Union, currently presided over by Alhaji Abdulkarim Olola Kasumu.

By the way, I do not necessarily disagree with your characterization of Afenifere, but I will state here that many of its founding fathers and members activively participated in the ruining of this country. That generation of people do not deserve praise. I mean, look at where we are. Na now dem know say security bad for naija? where dem dey before?

lol@Afonja Descendants Union. I am not but if I was I would wear that badge with honor. In as much the descendants of Dosunmu carry their legacy, foolishly, with pride and are equally celebrated in society, the Afonjas deserve the same celebrity status.

Afenifere is to the people what Ogboni is to the Obas....."the enforcer"!
Afenifere has enforced the policies as necessitated by the political circumstance, in real time, to keep the West in calibration to the ethos of "omoluabi". Omoluabi is a package, it comes with an expected sense of personal responsibility, social and civil obligations and communal support and uplifting. When it appeared our leaders were loosing their omoluabi in the 60s, Afenifere stepped in and recalibrated them. Never has Afenifere concerned itself with calibrating non-Westerners, if it did Yorubaland would be inhabitable for non-Yorubas.

So on a national scale, Afenifere, in past and in now, by insisting on a standard of discipline and self-love, had acted as an involuntary policing agent for the Nigerian govt and helped kept the West peaceful and violent free.

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by nduchucks: 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO:

lol@Afonja Descendants Union. I am not but if I was I would wear that badge with honor. In as much the descendants of Dosunmu carry their legacy, foolishly, with pride and are equally celebrated in society, the Afonjas deserve the same celebrity status.

Afenifere is to the people what Ogboni is to the Obas....."the enforcer"!
Afenifere has enforced the policies as necessitated by the political circumstance, in real time, to keep the West in calibration to the ethos of "omoluabi". Omoluabi is a package, it comes with an expected sense of personal responsibility, social and civil obligations and communal support and uplifting. When it appeared our leaders were loosing their omoluabi in the 60s, Afenifere stepped in and recalibrated them. Never has Afenifere concerned itself with calibrating non-Westerners, if it did Yorubaland would be inhabitable for non-Yorubas.

So on a national scale, Afenifere, in past and in now, by insisting on a standard of discipline and self-love, had acted as an involuntary policing agent for the Nigerian govt and helped kept the West peaceful and violent free.

You've provided very instructive info about Afenifere. I'd appreciate your honest answer to this question: Are Fashola and Tinubu Omoluabis with sense of personal responsibility, social and civil obligations and communal support and uplifting? Has Afenifere failed in its duty to step in and recalibrate either Tinubu or Fashola?

I trust you will be honest with your answer as usual
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by nduchucks: 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
double
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You've provided very instructive info about Afenifere. I'd appreciate your honest answer to this question: Are Fashola and Tinubu Omoluabis with sense of personal responsibility, social and civil obligations and communal support and uplifting? Has Afenifere failed in its duty to step in and recalibrate either Tinubu or Fashola?

I trust you will be honest with your answer as usual

...what's the question you want me to give honest answer to?
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by nduchucks: 8:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO:

...what's (are)the question(s) you want me to give honest answer to?

(1)Are Fashola and Tinubu Omoluabis with sense of personal responsibility, social and civil obligations and communal support and uplifting?
(2)Has Afenifere failed in its duty to step in and recalibrate either Tinubu or Fashola?
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
ndu_chucks:

(1)Are Fashola and Tinubu Omoluabis with sense of personal responsibility, social and civil obligations and communal support and uplifting?
(2)Has Afenifere failed in its duty to step in and recalibrate either Tinubu or Fashola?

oh, ok.....my screen went blank for a minute. grin cheesy

If their actions and behaviors are such that they need to be tempered, Afenifere would have done so. Again, Afenifere is a pan-Yoruba group.......its not a pan-Nigerian group. So while we see nothing wrong in Fashola and Tinubu, our rivals and competitors may see them otherwise and consider their presence as barriers to their nefarious intent for Yorubaland.

Let me ask you to defend the insurgency and chaos in North. It is crystal clear to see now that Arewa is more vulnerable and faces the risk of implosion should bokoharam be allowed to gain control of Kano, the most important Emirate of your people.
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
This will be the third time since independence that the authority of the Emir of Kano is challenged by an Islamic jihadist.....twice by maitatsine and now by boko.

Is Fulani at risk of loosing this Emirate?
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by nduchucks: 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO:

oh, ok.....my screen went blank for a minute. grin cheesy

If their actions and behaviors are such that they need to be tempered, Afenifere would have done so. Again, Afenifere is a pan-Yoruba group.......its not a pan-Nigerian group. So while we see nothing wrong in Fashola and Tinubu, our rivals and competitors may see them otherwise and consider their presence as barriers to their nefarious intent for Yorubaland.

Let me ask you to defend the insurgency and chaos in North. It is crystal clear to see now that Arewa is more vulnerable and faces the risk of implosion should bokoharam be allowed to gain control of Kano, the most important Emirate of your people.

You, like GEJ, are looking at the bokoharam problem as a Northern problem while ignoring the fact that Nigeria is at war. This sir, is the worst failure of 'leaders' like you and GEJ. I predict that you people will hear from bokoharam in Isale Eko and Port Harcourt before Kano falls.
Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You, like GEJ, are looking at the bokoharam problem as a Northern problem while ignoring the fact that Nigeria is at war. This sir, is the worst failure of 'leaders' like you and GEJ. I predict that you people will hear from bokoharam in Isale Eko and Port Harcourt before Kano falls.

rotflmao!!!

There is a corporate strategy based on the science of "flooding and damming" and I dont know what the theory is called but I understand the concept well. It is believed the US applied this strategy politically to dismember USSR and force capitalism on them. China is doing exactly the same thing to US now. Here is how it works:

You pump investment into your rival's market and economy (flooding) and generate high volume of money circulation which invokes a false sense of worth. Putting faith in their swollen discretionary money, citizens respond massively in increased consumption, which in turn produces more loans and debts. When the society is soaked in overlays of debts, you begin to use soft instruments of debts to rescue people out of their tangible and secured debts.......in other words escalate the burdens. People will soon learn, painfully, to conserve and live within their means. This action is bad for market and business and therefore business owners begin to conserve and shrink. When supply is more than demand of goods and services thhe currency devalues, worth and values shrink, the market implodes on itself (dam).

This strategy can be applied to various aspects of social living. Aplying it to the demographics, the Igbos who form the main target of hatred in the North, can "dam" their population volume and turn the hatred to Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri rivalry.

Israel continues to enjoy political relevance because of the Palestinian issue. If the conflict ends, Israel will not be an everyday topic in news and will soon be irrelevant in corridors of global power......so the war must continue.

The day Igbo depart core North their jihadist will loose cause against Christianity and turn the dagger and bombs against one another in a new rivalry that will depose the Emirs. Can Igbo do that, I doubt it. grin

......be sure to train desert jihadists how to swim before they embark on a journey to Isale Eko. We will use them as blood sacrifice to Olokun, fill Eko Atlantic with their drowned carcass.

3 Likes

Re: Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere by Gbawe: 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Oga, if you think hoodlums are just now taking over Nigeria, as opposed to hoodlums HAVE taken over Nigeria, then you are more naive than I thought. Everyone knows that the security situation in Nigeria is worse than that of the war zones of the middle east. Afenifere's warning is too little too late.

You don't get it. Every opportunity to discuss ideas is always turned into clannish obfuscation on this forum and you are one of those serially guilty of doing that. Who does not know Nigeria is gradually becoming Somalia? the point of this sort of thread is for discussion to flow that may provide the sense of perspective that will make Nigerians see what they need to see.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep / Labaran Maku About To Unseat Governor Almakura In Tribunal / Buhari: Boko Haram Still Active, Preying On Soft Targets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.