Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,356 members, 7,868,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:26 AM

Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert - Phones (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert (357554 Views)

How To Flash/install Custom Roms For Android Devices (S2,S3,S4 E.t.c.) / Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
kofsy: My name is Kofsy, I am a blackberry addict tongue

Now following this thread to free myself from the stranglehold of BB!

But there is a challenge... My bro just got an S3 and I'm beginning to fall in love with driod... Even though I don't have a clue of how the phone really works... It looks kinda complicated. Now for the past 1week, my bro has been struggling with browsing. His blackberry was stolen 2days after he subscribed for airtel unlimited BIS. He got an S3 and retrieved the line a week after(a microsim ofcourse) and he still has about 1.9G left on the sim. We followed the direction of subscribing for the 10mb daily plan and the phone browsed for that day alone. After that day, it stopped browsing... sad what do you think is wrong?

Right now the only thing he does with the phone is receive calls, sms, and snap pictures. I know the phone is a superb one and my bro is not utilizing its functions and features. I don't blame him though, he was a blackberry addict like myself(used 5 different BBs within 4years). Can someone pls help us? As I intend getting an S3 from the UK too.

Thanks in anticipation... BTW, stanley you are doing a great job and I also love your looks; handsome I must say. Don't ask me how I got to see your pics wink

Lol! Beginning of ur post sounded like you were starting a support group speech.
If the phone was browsing then stopped after the bundle expired, what exactly fo you need our help from, sounds like it's between you and your Operator (Airtel). The only thing we can possibly do for you is call Airtel. And that you can do yourself. smiley

Another admirer! cheesy Thanks.. Always lovely to hear such kind words, especially from the ladies, always creepy when guys tell me. tongue
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by kardinalz: 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
Finally am rooted
tenks to u stan,d respond,d ignore n all,it made mi wrk harded,nw i cn root
buf pls wotz d next step??
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
kardinalz: Finally am rooted
tenks to u stan,d respond,d ignore n all,it made mi wrk harded,nw i cn root
buf pls wotz d next step??

Now keep your phone in another room whenever you want to sleep because it can EXPLODE at anytime!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by holard07(m): 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
[quote author=Stanley08]

Now keep your phone in another room whenever you want to sleep because it can EXPLODE at anytime![/quote

Broseley, how r u doing, hope u did received my mails? Nice week ahead.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
holard07: Broseley, how r u doing, hope u did received my mails? Nice week ahead.

yh mate, I got ur mails.. Can't remember if i replied tho. smiley

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by honsule(m): 7:20am On Sep 08, 2013
kofsy: My name is Kofsy, I am a blackberry addict tongue

Now following this thread to free myself from the stranglehold of BB!

But there is a challenge... My bro just got an S3 and I'm beginning to fall in love with driod... Even though I don't have a clue of how the phone really works... It looks kinda complicated. Now for the past 1week, my bro has been struggling with browsing. His blackberry was stolen 2days after he subscribed for airtel unlimited BIS. He got an S3 and retrieved the line a week after(a microsim ofcourse) and he still has about 1.9G left on the sim. We followed the direction of subscribing for the 10mb daily plan and the phone browsed for that day alone. After that day, it stopped browsing... sad what do you think is wrong?

Right now the only thing he does with the phone is receive calls, sms, and snap pictures. I know the phone is a superb one and my bro is not utilizing its functions and features. I don't blame him though, he was a blackberry addict like myself(used 5 different BBs within 4years). Can someone pls help us? As I intend getting an S3 from the UK too.

Thanks in anticipation... #Edited smiley

Tell your brother to dial this code on his Airtel *141*712*0# or *123*10# if he sees 'you have no data' Know for sure that the S3 'drank' the 1.9gb
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 9:40am On Sep 08, 2013
honsule:

Tell your brother to dial this code on his Airtel *141*712*0# or *123*10# if he sees 'you have no data' Know for sure that the S3 'drank' the 1.9gb

'Drank'. Lol. tongue
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by igbsam(m): 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
Please i want to ask. I have applications installed on my samsung galaxy s3 phone with some files and videos. I intend to unroot it. Will i loose all the files and applications if i unroot my phone ? This is what is holding me back from rooting the phone. Answers will be appreciated.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by OmichaelO: 7:04pm On Sep 08, 2013
Stanley08:

Thanks mate smiley Odin Flash will not normally Corrupt EFS tho. cheesy

Roger that boss
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by OmichaelO: 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
MY BROTHER MESSED UP HIS S3 TO MAKE MATTER WORSE HE DIDN'T TAKE EFS BACKUP NOR NANDROID BACKUP
AFTER INSTALLING ROMS AND ALL HE LOST HIS IMEI SERIAL NO AND NO SIGNAL... grin

HE WAS LUCKY TO PARTAKE IN THE SAMSUNG 3 DAY FREE REPAIR THAT TOOK PLACE AND IT WAS REPORT FOR HIM FOR FREE THO' HE'S ON WARRANTY AND THAT COULD HAVE COST HIM 38K

I BET IF THERE WAS NO WARRANTY THE PHONE WILL SAMSUNG GALAXY S3(IPOD)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
O.michael.O:
MY BROTHER MESSED UP HIS S3 TO MAKE MATTER WORSE HE DIDN'T TAKE EFS BACKUP NOR NANDROID BACKUP
AFTER INSTALLING ROMS AND ALL HE LOST HIS IMEI SERIAL NO AND NO SIGNAL... grin

HE WAS LUCKY TO PARTAKE IN THE SAMSUNG 3 DAY FREE REPAIR THAT TOOK PLACE AND IT WAS REPORT FOR HIM FOR FREE THO' HE'S ON WARRANTY AND THAT COULD HAVE COST HIM 38K

I BET IF THERE WAS NO WARRANTY THE PHONE WILL SAMSUNG GALAXY S3(IPOD)

WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS NOT COOL! WHY DO YOU DO IT?!!!

igbsam: Please i want to ask. I have applications installed on my samsung galaxy s3 phone with some files and videos. I intend to unroot it. Will i loose all the files and applications if i unroot my phone ? This is what is holding me back from rooting the phone. Answers will be appreciated.

You won't lose anything until you do a wipe. But i'm not saying you will have to wipe. At the same time, you might need to. Too much grammar, I know.
Bottomline, just root it. cool
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
S4 I9500 > Note 2 N7100 > S3 I9300 > Note N7000 > S2 I9100 > SL I9003 > S I9000
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by OmichaelO: 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
Stanley08:

WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS NOT COOL! WHY DO YOU DO IT?!!!

ikr
wasn't with my glasses...thats no excuse tho'
grin

ps: i wasn't shouting,
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
O.michael.O:
ikr
wasn't with my glasses...thats no excuse tho'
grin

ps: i wasn't shouting,

I know mate! Please keep your glasses close to you. smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by OmichaelO: 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
Stanley08:

I know mate! Please keep your glasses close to you. smiley
hehehe... Yes boss
smiley

Am kinda happy I fixed an S2 with network ish cause the EFS was messed up and that was a similar case my brother had..

smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
O.michael.O:
hehehe... Yes boss
smiley

Am kinda happy I fixed an S2 with network ish cause the EFS was messed up and that was a similar case my brother had..

smiley

Lol! Good to know! Did u have backup?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by OmichaelO: 11:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
Stanley08:

Lol! Good to know! Did u have backup?
Nope.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by tjsadiq(m): 8:26am On Sep 10, 2013
@room, any one have an idea aw much I can fix an S3 screen(d outter one). And is it worth buying a cracked screen fone to repair(price is sensible).
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 8:53am On Sep 10, 2013
tj_sadiq: @room, any one have an idea aw much I can fix an S3 screen(d outter one). And is it worth buying a cracked screen fone to repair(price is sensible).

Don't buy problem. Stay clear.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by tjsadiq(m): 9:03am On Sep 10, 2013
Stanley08:

Don't buy problem. Stay clear.

Thanks 4 d quick reply,needed 2 make decision 2day.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 10:40am On Sep 10, 2013
tj_sadiq:

Thanks 4 d quick reply,needed 2 make decision 2day.

Cheers! smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Midegee(m): 7:28am On Sep 11, 2013
Well done guys, js joined d android family after getting a s3.guys wat m i suppose 2 do cz m entirely new to android stuff.really sorry if my questions sounds a bit foolish
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2013
Mide_gee: Well done guys, js joined d android family after getting a s3.guys wat m i suppose 2 do cz m entirely new to android stuff.really sorry if my questions sounds a bit foolish

What you are supposed to do? With what? ur phone?
How about...
Charge it when the battery is low
Recharge when ur credit is low
Clean it if is dusty, and
Keep out of reach of children!

cool

Btw you didn't ask any question!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by faithclin(f): 10:53am On Sep 11, 2013
Ehen I'm here again. wink

Stanley o I want to change this my rom and wanted a 4.3 custom for my S3.any sugge stions. Apart from Cyaanogen... Hate that Rom with a passion. cry
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by faithclin(f): 10:54am On Sep 11, 2013
Stanley08:

What you are supposed to do? With what? ur phone?
How about...
Charge it when the battery is low
Recharge when ur credit is low
Clean it if is dusty, and
Keep out of reach of children!

cool

Btw you didn't ask any question!

Lmaooo Smh

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
faithclin: Ehen I'm here again. wink

Stanley o I want to change this my rom and wanted a 4.3 custom for my S3.any sugge stions. Apart from Cyaanogen... Hate that Rom with a passion. cry

Lol. Y u hate CM? Anywho! Try PACMAN ROM, Rootbox, Ressurection Remix, Slim ROM or SuperNexus.
But I'm not up to date on S3 ROMs tho... but these ones are good AFAIK. wink
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by faithclin(f): 1:00am On Sep 13, 2013
Lmao thanks bro... I finally flashed Carbon, nightly tho... Very fast and smooth so far. But.... It's stuck on edge and no where to change to 3G.... Just to set in 2G.. I think it's the modem. So would you recommend a good modem for me? And link if poasible.

I'm a pest I know. tongue
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by nani667: 2:10am On Sep 13, 2013
faithclin: Lmao thanks bro... I finally flashed Carbon, nightly tho... Very fast and smooth so far. But.... It's stuck on edge and no where to change to 3G.... Just to set in 2G.. I think it's the modem. So would you recommend a good modem for me? And link if poasible.

I'm a pest I know. tongue
if its AOSP there's a way you can force the 3G out tho......
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Deblow: 3:14am On Sep 13, 2013
Whaaoooo! Samsung finally rolled out the much - awaited software update on S4 that has the "move to sd card" feature! About 380MB size. I guess it also fixes the heat issue. I can now conveniently root my s4!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by faithclin(f): 7:25am On Sep 13, 2013
nani.666:
if its AOSP there's a way you can force the 3G out tho......

Oya tell me nau

#Edit so I did that info stuff and I have it... Didn't have it with the modem that came with the rom, but I flashed a new modem and I saw it and chose wcdma only... Thanks Nani
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by faithclin(f): 7:36am On Sep 13, 2013
I flashed the modem and lost root... Lol sigh. Going to root again.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by tjsadiq(m): 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hello, need help in making a decision..60K for a UK used note 2 or 65K brand new S3. Wch wud u advise I take?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (166) (Reply)

Tecno L3 Discussion Thread / The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) / Some Useful Nokia Codes & How To Format/Reset Ur Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.