Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? (1235 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by premieret: 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
Yous should not be ashamed of ur sef that u are a c++ wiz. Hennce come out of ur hidings and lest discuss the c++ very wwell cos we have a lot to cover. Thank u shocked
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by vitriol: 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
premieret: Yous should not be ashamed of ur sef that u are a c++ wiz. Hennce come out of ur hidings and lest discuss the c++ very wwell cos we have a lot to cover. Thank u shocked

I think this thread is empty because it's virtually impossible to be a "wiz" of C++. smiley
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by Vikax(m): 8:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
am here for u
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by jacob05(m): 11:46am On Dec 15, 2012
smiley
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by ektbear: 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2012
I hate C++ and languages that force you to manage memory yourself.
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2012
Well C++ Programmers are scarce however i still learn it,because at a certain time comes in PHP where you just wanna go crazy and do some stuff,but yeah i know the Memory Management is a nightmare but gives you control over it.
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by lordZOUGA(m): 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2012
jeez.. there really are few C++ programmers around...
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2012
^^ when almost everything is abstracted and easy Languages are around people tend to stick with PHP,C# and the rest. C++ is still vital IMHO
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by lordZOUGA(m): 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2012
pc guru: ^^ when almost everything is abstracted and easy Languages are around people tend to stick with PHP,C# and the rest. C++ is still vital IMHO
even though its more codes more problems
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2012
you mean C++ is more codes, well i have no problem with that but seeing there's Qt anyway, the Relax will it work on Linux with Wine. also nice one,i need my C++ knowledge because Blackberry SDK and PHP Extension(curiosity).
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by lordZOUGA(m): 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2012
pc guru: you mean C++ is more codes, well i have no problem with that but seeing there's Qt anyway, the Relax will it work on Linux with Wine. also nice one,i need my C++ knowledge because Blackberry SDK and PHP Extension(curiosity).
oh.. I meant, other languages built upon C/C++ means more codes for the language users to manage even though this is not immediately obvious.. Relax might run with wine but I uploaded a packaged version for linux(ubuntu).. https://github.com/lordzouga/Relax/downloads though you might wanna use the apt-get install method
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2012
yeah most languages are built on C++, PHP, NodeJS and some others, i think the Debain Package will work for me as for the apt-get i might have to go the long way of adding to repository before Ubuntu can spot it. Keep it up, i intend to quickly get acquainted with C++ though i know its something you continuing learning for a long time.
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nice just arranged my cluttered PDFS, and Po.rn and saved HTML pages and images all at once, but i noticed if there are sub-folders it only takes the top folders and not the nested ones, this is nice, though had to go on some discovery mode to get it work i think a simple guide or picture on how to operate it left to me, its really cool. My 2 Other Laptops are heavily cluttered with Frameworks,pdf,and Po.rn will use it on that, am curious the UI did you use QML cuz the interface stands out on Ubuntu.
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by lordZOUGA(m): 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2012
pc guru: Nice just arranged my cluttered PDFS, and Po.rn and saved HTML pages and images all at once, but i noticed if there are sub-folders it only takes the top folders and not the nested ones, this is nice, though had to go on some discovery mode to get it work i think a simple guide or picture on how to operate it left to me, its really cool. My 2 Other Laptops are heavily cluttered with Frameworks,pdf,and Po.rn will use it on that, am curious the UI did you use QML cuz the interface stands out on Ubuntu.
I would reply you but that would derail this thread.. Relax has a thread on Nairaland here https://www.nairaland.com/1103573/c-open-source-relax-auto
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by WhiZTiM(m): 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
did I see C++??. When I picked up my phone, I was able feel the presence of a C++ thread..
Ehm... Talking about that, i really have resentments in compling to the C++0x standards.
Why the hell did Prof. Bjarne Stroustoup (an authority of C++ and the creator of C++) accept the use of some JAVA and borrowed keywords!! (though the C++0x absolutely makes sense)
You guys should find time and read the C++0x standard in detail.
.... Its like having a new kid sister!!
...and u know what?? I love the gcc guys for their seamless implementation of 70 percent of the C++0x in g++ of GCC 4.7. I never knew it was there. Until I tried some 0x syntax.

Prof. Bjarne Stroustoup rocks!! So also the C++ Technical Report Committee members!!
...though, THOUGH I AM STILL APPREHENSIVE TO THE UPDATED SYNTAX AND KEYWORDS.
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by premieret: 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2012
Thanks all of u guys for ur wonderful replies. I wrote the thread initially cos i want to be GURU'S like u guys hence i need somone who is very good in this stuff please coach us on how to start. Thank u
Please dont dull our C++ moments.
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by WhiZTiM(m): 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2012
theres actually no practical way to start. The only way to start is:
1. Get a computer!
2. Get an IDE(Integrated Development Environment) e.g Codeblocks, www.codeblocks.org
3. Get a book on it! e.g this-> www.greenteapress.com/thinkcpp/thinkCScpp.pdf
or...
Go to youtube and search for beginners lessons in C++
4. Run the IDE and follow the book page after page or the youtube videos!
5. NEVER RELENT! because it would not be an easy drive. Only your passion can keep you going.
Probably, 92% of the very very rare good C++ developers in Nigeria are self taught.
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
C++ is the bomb, WHY ? because i have vast knowledge on PHP,ASP.NET but knowing C++ really increases the way you understand the Compiler and Data structure and some real low level stuff like Bit operations, this week ave been on rigorous C++ reading and it makes PHP look understandable especially the Array Pointers, and Pointers, but its a bit trick though, yeah CodeBlock ain't bad but i use Qt Creator for some reason i can't run Non Qt Projects normally and CodeBlock Auto-Complete isn't perfect especially if you're not doing a Project. here is a link i ripped off,contains C++ tutorials https://www.dropbox.com/s/b08ok054tezvzd1/C%2B%2B.rar
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by daGinee: 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2012
I agree that C++ is a really cool language. Its beauty comes about due to the fact that you have access to both low level and high level parts of the system. CodeBlocks is a great IDE, but I admit that its auto-complete is kinda bad. Despite this, I still use CodeBlocks for most of my projects, even Qt projects.

Me and a friend of mine recently got into a "which-language-is-better" argument. I supported c++ while he supported java. After the argument, I considered the advantages and disadvantages of each language. Now, I'm considering learning java. But please, can anyone advise me? Should I learn java, or should I just keep going with c++?
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by WhiZTiM(m): 1:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
Well, IDE should not be a problem for a beginner... No doubt, Qt Creator is one of the best C++ IDE in the World, but I wouldnt recommend a beginner to stick with.
... I have been using Qt Creator and SDK for almost 3 years now. I am aware that Codeblocks team hasn't brought up a perfect solution to code completion. According to one of its developers, it is due to a constraint in wxWidgets and the initial architecture of their code completion Engine.
... It is a good thing to use other IDEs perharps u want to experimentally implement a new algorithm.
I love the new Codeblocks 12.11(released last month 2012, nov) for its onboard integration with DoxyGen.
I use or play around with the following IDEs: Qt Creator, Codeblocks, Netbeans C++, Ecllipse CDT, Dev-C++, Codelite, Visual Studio 10 Express.
The reason to try other IDEs is that for some, you do not have to create a new project to run one simple main program or one source file to test a static or dynamic C++ library.
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by WhiZTiM(m): 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
pc guru: but i use Qt Creator for some reason i can't run Non Qt Projects normally
you can.. .if and only if you do not use any Qt specific construct and header!... Though depending on your version, you may need to tweak the make file or compile another way.. Check it up on qtforums.org
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by lordZOUGA(m): 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
I only use qtcreator these days though... but I would recommend dev-C++ for a beginner.

C++ is nice. it gives you a kind of confidence.. the kind of confidence that makes you believe that you can bring to life any idea that you concieve
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 19, 2012
yeah i was told to look at the pro and add the includes from usr/includes/ in Ubuntu but can't see any pro file or something but am still using CodeBlock though,still wrapping my head around somethings like No Copy Constructor.
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 20, 2012
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by WhiZTiM(m): 6:57am On Dec 20, 2012
omo_to_dun: I am a C++ programmer.... a graphics programmer (rendering),
wow. Thats pretty nice and computationally intensive. On what platform, toolkit or ABI/API??

omo_to_dun:
Even GCC is now being implemented in C++. That was a shock to me since C has always been the go-to-language for so many Unix programmers.

C'mon bro!! With the growing complexities of Systems and new instruction sets that are always added to microprocessors/programmable controllers,including the x86-64 family,... C would be a pain in the ass to extend other Compilers available in GCC to perfectly abstract those instructions. ...especially as C++0x is coming onboard. Also with the C++ TR team to make C++ a de-facto Language in vector parallel computing in the not distant future.
...... Secondly, Linus Torvalds(the GNU Linux Authority) once berated C++ as "a dumb invention that takes the joy of programming away"! I was infuriated. Not too long after that, GCC team announced migration plans and boy! was I so thrilled!! I wish to have known Linus' reaction... as at then.

omo_to_dun:
I need to familiarize myself with the new standard though.
you are gona love it. . . esp the introduction of concepts for strong type-checking in Generic programming. I have only played around with it though.
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
Re: Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House? by lordZOUGA(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
Preach C++

(1) (Reply)

Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread / Learn To Code By Breaking Someone Else's Code / Your 'once In A Lifetime' Chance To Become An Expert In Java Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.