Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Presidential Election Annulled! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election Annulled! (767 Views)

Elections Can Be Annulled For Security And PVC Distribution Reasons – Uwazurike / "senator" Remi Tinubu's Election Annulled By Election Tribunal. Re-run Ordered! / IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Election Annulled! by palmwine(m): 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2008
Fellow Nairalanders, it's no news that the last election for the most part was a farce, as demonstrated by upturning of election victories by election tribunals all over the country. What if the Presidential election of Yar'dua is annulled? What do you think will happen? who do you think can lead this country to true growth and development among the 3 contending candidates (Yar'dua, Atiku, Or Buhari).

Do you think we shuold allow others to join the race? ARISE O COMPATRIOT!,
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by Wilfem(m): 8:41am On Feb 16, 2008
If this is what you intended or had in mind to post, you shouldn't have used that title as your subject. Or perhaps you're drunk with palmwine, (as your name suggests)
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by doyin13(m): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2008
Amen to the premise of the post
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by bibiking1(m): 10:38am On Feb 16, 2008
You imbeciles have come again!
if you ont have meaningful posts just READ other posts, instead of putting forward rumors for discussion!
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by pcicero(m): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2008
doyin13:

Amen to the premise of the post

i don't blame you. for all u care Nigeria can be engulfed in an inferno while u eat pizza drink energy drink with ogogoro in London.
palmwine:

Fellow Nairalanders, it's no news that the last election for the most part was a farce, as demonstrated by upturning of election victories by election tribunals all over the country. What if the Presidential election of Yar'dua is annulled? What do you think will happen? who do you think can lead this country to true growth and development among the 3 contending candidates (Yar'dua, Atiku, Or Buhari).

Do you think we shuold allow others to join the race? ARISE O COMPATRIOT!,

Much as i believe that the election wasn't perfect, i want to believe that either Buhari or the incumbent should have it if there would be a fresh election. But do you sincerely think those contenders really have good case?
tell me which of them did not rig? Maybe Buhari, but Atiku and Yar Adua got help wherever they could. Yes, i know people did for Atiku in Lagos what they did for Yar Adua in say Ogun for instance!
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by vowiski(m): 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2008
me
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by 4peace(m): 6:15pm On Feb 16, 2008
i pray it should not happen because it will be another set back for the country.
For my own opinion i think people voted for Yar'dua
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by vowiski(m): 7:13pm On Feb 16, 2008
4peace:

i pray it should not happen because it will be another set back for the country.
For my own opinion i think people voted for Yar'dua
think again!
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by 4peace(m): 5:20am On Feb 17, 2008
vowiski:

think again!
Tell me that again.who do you voted for
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by SkyBlue1: 10:47am On Feb 17, 2008
The only major downsides to the election being annulled that i can think of are the instability it might cause, we have to waste more resources on another election and it might be a window of opportunity for certain individuals to further hold the country to ransom. However, it would also mean that Nigeria is given another opportunity to potentially rid itself of a PDP president. I would genuinely like to be proven wrong but i seriously do believe that PDP is the cancer of Nigeria. All sensible and well meaning Nigerians in PDP should leave that party because it is holding Nigeria hostage. PDP has single handedly institutionalised electoral fraud. They might not have started it but it has become normality for them. I am not even sure they know it is criminal. In some states there is no opposition in power and quite a few states have all local government chairmanship positions held by the PDP. Does it mean those states are crazy about PDP, no. But elections have become a platform in Nigeria for PDP to show its hate for democracy by the rigging, thuggery and violence that is carried out by its members. I have not actually ever heard sound debates about 'the issues' during elections in Nigeria. If Nigerian elections were about that and the people were allowed to choose, i believe Pat Utomi would have had a very good chance of getting the presidency. Atiku and Buhari are not the only candidates to choose from. But who are we trying to deceive here? We all know that at present Nigeria isn't really a democracy because the people don't have the power. I rephrase. The people have the power but they just don't seem to realise it. Just remids me of that scene from the Disney/Pixar movie Bugs Life, when all the ants stand up to the grass hoppers. Might be a 'childish' analogy but i think the major fear held by those who don't want a new election is that we are walking into the unknown, we haven't been in this position before. But as long as we KICK out Maurice Iwu and get a credible electoral body then although there are unknowns and risks, i personally believe that the potential gains are worth the potential risks.
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by vowiski(m): 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2008
@ sky blue
who cares!?
justice must take its pound of flesh for naija
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by fatherab1: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2008
My people, make una still vote for Yar'adua as una president again ooo.

But frankly speaking, if its that David Mark that must be interim president when it is annuled, then may it never be annuled. Then let David Mark's election be annuled first. Nigerians have MARKED David MARK'S reMARKS concerning GSM some years back. He said that GSM is not for the poor but for the rich. Only for him to apologize in order to be elected the senate president.
Re: Presidential Election Annulled! by palmwine(m): 11:53pm On Feb 19, 2008
Wilfem wrote;
If this is what you intended or had in mind to post, you shouldn't have used that title as your subject. Or perhaps you're drunk with palmwine, (as your name suggests)

@Wilfem

All over the world crisis mgt is all about building scenerios and then looking for likely solutions and/or loop holes. I am not INEC or the Supreme court, am surprised you are taking this out on me and even calling me names. Tot nairaland was for matured minds? Especially the Politics thread! whatver happened to decorum.

(1) (Reply)

Ayim Or Egwu / Musharraf Foes Triumph At Polls / This Is Serious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.