Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. (769 Views)

Revealed: Fayose's Wife Make Emergency Trip To Dubai Over Son's Arrest. / I Betrayed Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Others- Gov. LAMIDO Admits. / North Under Siege Because Of Buhari —gov Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by fatdon2(m): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2012
Jigawa state governor Sule
Lamido has faulted the media
report that his son, Aminu
Sule who was arrested at
Malam Aminu Kano
International Airport for
carrying fifty thousand US
dollars ( $50,000) on him while
on his trip to Egypt was on a
money laundering mission on
his behalf.
This was contained in a press
statement signed by malam
Umar Kyari, the Director of
press to Governor Sule
Lamido which was made
available vanguard
Wednesday night, states “
for the purpose of removing
this notion that he was
embarking on a money
laundering mission on my
behalf, that I find it
necessary to clarify the
allegation”.
According to the governor,
the impression EFCC gave
was that his son had
embarked on several trips
overseas on money
laundering mission on his
behalf, which he described as
false and mischievous to that
extent.
It states “The impression the
EFCC gave was that he had
been carrying monies on
several trips overseas on
money laundering on my
behalf is therefore false and
mischievous to that extent”.
He then explained that Aminu
has a daughter born with
spinal problem and was taken
to Cleopatra hospital in
Cairo, Egypt last year, and
that the little girl was in the
hospital for three weeks for
treatment and was asked to
return for the second phase
of the treatment, which was
done about four months ago.
At the end of second phase
of the treatment, they were
asked to return to the
hospital for final examination
after three months.
He added that it was on this
third leg of the visit that his
son, Aminu was arrested by
the EFCC while trying to
board Egypt Air on Tuesday
11th December, 2012 around
11.30pm’
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/gov-lamido-faults-reports-on-sons-arrest-over-on-money-laundering/
Re: Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by fatdon1(m): 7:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
See how the governor of Jigawa
State is trying to defend his son. The
son had 50,000 dollars on him but
declared only 10,000 dollars, what
was his intention for hiding 40,000
dollars. And the father is now blaming EFCC for arresting his son.
The laws in Nigeria are made for the
common man and not for the
governors and their families. I
support EFCC to charge Gov.
Lamido,s son to court because nobody should be above the law.
This is not a chicken republic but
Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by Mesico2(m): 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
He was just trying to clear his name from that his unfortunate son.
Re: Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by Kewt: 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
I expected him to say something... That, he has done!

It's now left for gullible Nigerians to accept this cheap lie! Is the Son's daughter's illness/surgery a justification for his refusal to disclose such amount of money?

There's more to it....
Re: Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by surfaceD: 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
Kewt: I expected him to say something... That, he has done!

It's now left for gullible Nigerians to accept this cheap lie! Is the Son's daughter's illness/surgery a justification for his refusal to disclose such amount of money?

There's more to it....

There is alot more to even what u percieve of the situation.
To me the greatest question is why laundaring a mere N7million?
anyway a crime is a crime.
Re: Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by belovedaja(m): 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
How much is the total amount for the treatment.
How much was paid in the first, second and/ or third instalments. Gov. Sule lamido should give us the breakdown of the amount paid or spent on the treatment.
Re: Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by otokx(m): 9:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sule Lamido and his family are thieves just like many of his fellow governors and their families.
Re: Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by Johnny(m): 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
But let's be reasonable and logical here;if Gov.Lamido wants to launder money,is it N6m he will launder??Haba!!The young man made a mistake to declare only a part of the money he was carrying but that's not enough reason for all these hypes!
Re: Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by Fatdon(m): 8:26am On Dec 14, 2012
Re: Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by fatdon1(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2012
Re: Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 14, 2012
Shey this is one of the potential presidential candidate from the north? They're all the same thing, it's all about choosing the lesser devil
Re: Gov Lamido Faults Reports On Son’s Arrest Over Money Laundering. by banki(m): 10:54am On Dec 14, 2012
pdp power to the people

(1) (Reply)

v / Ugliest Politician Award 2012 / Goodluck Jonathan's Successor And Vision 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.