Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Custom Of Inheritance In Akwa Ibom And Cross River State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Custom Of Inheritance In Akwa Ibom And Cross River State (2319 Views)

Motorcycle Made In Akwa Ibom, Nigeria / The Strange Custom Of Celebrating "Traditional" Marriages Abroad / Historical Sites In The Bende And Cross River Regions (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Custom Of Inheritance In Akwa Ibom And Cross River State by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hi everyone,
i am to write on the mode of inheritance in Akwa Ibom and Cross River States respectively. i recognise that there are many divisions in Akwa-Ibom (anang, ibibio, Efik e.t.c.) and Cross-River (north, south and central). i would like Nairalanders from this part of the country to tell me about their inheritance culture.for example in Yoruba land, it is idi igi and ori ojori system where the property is divided based on seniority or according to the number of children per wife.
i would really appreciate.
thanks
Re: Custom Of Inheritance In Akwa Ibom And Cross River State by maclatunji: 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
Nice! Front page exposure required.
Re: Custom Of Inheritance In Akwa Ibom And Cross River State by pleep(m): 11:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
The property is divided by seniority of the sons, doesn't matter what wife, with the oldest getting the most etc. If the daughters family is to get any property this must be agreed before the parent passes away, this is because the daughter will get property from her husbands parents.

I hope this helps, my dad thinks im plotting his assasination now cheesy
Re: Custom Of Inheritance In Akwa Ibom And Cross River State by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 14, 2012
Thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Man Discusses Why There Will Never Be A Biafra / Does 'leke Leke'actually Give White Fingers? / The Yoruba/Igbo Feud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.