Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success (15150 Views)

Your Best Songs Of 2012- Foreign, 9ja, Blues, Rnb, Rock Etc / What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2012 / Are These The Illest Punchlines Of 2012? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by brixton: 8:41am On Dec 28, 2012
ogugua88: Hmm. I'll have to agree with the others about Flavour's album o. It's been selling, even here in the US. It was on iTunes three days after they hit streets in Nigeria, and his videos on youtube direct people to iTunes.

The person who released an album and I had no clue was Duncan Mighty. I just got it last week lol. Apart from the two or three flop tracks, it's a solid album.

As for "Solar Plexus", haters will hate. I fell in love with that album when I first heard it and love it more every day. Dr Sid's "Chocolate", D'Prince's "Amarachi", and Wande Coal's "Forever" are the best. "O Ma Ga" is cool too.

Well said sis, solar plexus dropped without a vid to market d album and u gotto love abt 7 tracks frm dat album. I think dey wuda done more vids to push sales like d EME guys did.... Wen dey eventually did take banana vid peeps loved em. Mavin's albums are popular albums by Nigerian standard.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by gidiMonsta(m): 9:07am On Dec 28, 2012
The review is on point! The fact is; the popularity of a song depends on how well its received in Lagos. Because Flavour's album is very popular in the east doesn't mean it shouldn't be on that list, even Flavour had to re-shoot some of his videos off his old album when he broke into the Lagos market. Look at Duncan Mighty who was not accepted as a major Nigerian act until his single 'Portharcourt son' broke into the lagos market despite the fact that he was a god in phc. Another example is Isolate; who had massive sales everywhere in the SW especially Akure, yet most people in Lagos don't have any idea who he is.

My 2cents though.

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 28, 2012
gidiMonsta: The review is on point! The fact is; the popularity of a song depends on how well its received in Lagos. Because Flavour's album is very popular in the east doesn't mean it shouldn't be on that list, even Flavour had to re-shoot some of his videos off his old album when he broke into the Lagos market. Look at Duncan Mighty who was not accepted as a major Nigerian act until his single 'Portharcourt son' broke into the lagos market despite the fact that he was a god in phc. Another example is Isolate; who had massive sales everywhere in the SW especially Akure, yet most people in Lagos don't have any idea who he is.

My 2cents though.

Utter and complete trash.

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Afam4eva(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2012
gidiMonsta: The review is on point! The fact is; the popularity of a song depends on how well its received in Lagos. Because Flavour's album is very popular in the east doesn't mean it shouldn't be on that list, even Flavour had to re-shoot some of his videos off his old album when he broke into the Lagos market. Look at Duncan Mighty who was not accepted as a major Nigerian act until his single 'Portharcourt son' broke into the lagos market despite the fact that he was a god in phc. Another example is Isolate; who had massive sales everywhere in the SW especially Akure, yet most people in Lagos don't have any idea who he is.

My 2cents though.
Absolute bunkum!

Flavour had to reshoot his ashewo video because the first one was banned. It had nothing to do with breaking into the lagos market. Even if it had, did faze shooting another video for "faze alone" also have to do with breaking into the lagos market? Btw,what is the lagos market? Different kind of music appeals to different people in Lagos. Flavour and Duncan mighty's music have always been popular in Lagos but there faces were not recognizable because they had no videos.

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2012
brixton: Well said bro, solar plexus dropped without a vid to market d album and u gotto love abt 7 tracks frm dat album. I think dey wuda done more vids to push sales like d EME guys did.... Wen dey eventually did take banana vid peeps loved em. Mavin's albums are popular albums by Nigerian standard.

Thanks. Not a bro though. Lol.

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by OSDiggy2(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2012
By putting Flavor album on did list, u have split everything. Flavor album Dat came out not less Dan 3 months now is at d top of d market in east side. you ignore putting Davido album Dat nobody especially 4 east no no say d album market. Flavor album is really blessed .

3 Likes

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by OSDiggy2(m): 9:32am On Dec 28, 2012
By putting Flavor album on did list, u have spoit everything. Flavor album Dat came out not less Dan 3 months now is at d top of d market in east side. you ignore putting Davido album Dat nobody especially 4 east no no say d album market. Flavor album is really blessed .
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by adim2(m): 9:42am On Dec 28, 2012
I suggest τ̲̅ђe op takes out flavours name from that list.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by bolakale30(m): 9:46am On Dec 28, 2012
brixton:

Well said bro, solar plexus dropped without a vid to market d album and u gotto love abt 7 tracks frm dat album. I think dey wuda done more vids to push sales like d EME guys did.... Wen dey eventually did take banana vid peeps loved em. Mavin's albums are popular albums by Nigerian standard.
when did my beautiful msbelle(asampoto warriour)bkom a "bro"
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by kayzzy24: 9:52am On Dec 28, 2012
Mojibola: Pls shout 20 "eeyha"s for all of them...better luck next time...
[color=#770077][/color] eeyya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Endi(m): 9:59am On Dec 28, 2012
So if Flavour's tunes doesn't grace the party in Ayingba village, it flopped? Travel around a bit, writer... Too much of Lagos and nothing else isn't good for a man.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2012
If it's Nigerian, then it's crap.
Naija music is not for me
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by oraclefemi(m): 10:04am On Dec 28, 2012
Rugged man should have just mentored those acts and only feature on a couple, not all group albums move except you have a touch of MI's kind of production on it.. be versatile bros
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by gidiMonsta(m): 10:11am On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
Absolute bunkum!

Flavour had to reshoot his ashewo video because the first one was banned. It had nothing to do with breaking into the lagos market. Even if it had, did faze shooting another video for "faze alone" also have to do with breaking into the lagos market? Btw,what is the lagos market? Different kind of music appeals to different people in Lagos. Flavour and Duncan mighty's music have always been popular in Lagos but there faces were not recognizable because they had no videos.

Ashawo original video was not banned! I have seen that video, its not lewd in any way just of very poor quality.

Lagos market here refers to mainstream media and social networks! Being popular in a particular community of Lagos doesn't mean anything if you're not getting air play on radio and TV and nobody's talking about you on twitter. Go and check twitter's trend maps, only Lagos is recognised in Nigeria so if Lagos is not talking about you there's no way you can trend on twitter!

A lot of artistes troop in to Lagos to push sales of their works. A recent example is wizboy who has been very popular in Enugu for a while but he wasn't getting the recognition he deserved, no awards nothing despite his wealth of talent until he started pushing his work in the Lagos media recently. Jeremiah Gyang is there languishing away in Abuja while guys who are far less talented are carting away international awards in Lagos. Why else do you think Timaya is a bigger star than Duncan Mighty? You think say na talent? Or do you think wizkid will be getting those int'l collabos if he was a local champion in Ibadan?

2 Likes

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by brixton: 10:22am On Dec 28, 2012
ogugua88:

Thanks. Not a bro though. Lol.

Lol, noted my sis
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by FBS: 11:28am On Dec 28, 2012
Ain't from da east but nna men, how can you say Flavour's album did no record commercial success? Personally, grin I'm totally and very surprised about that. me thinks, the OP should travel more!

Anyway, happy festive period to everyone! cheesy
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by naijaobi(m): 11:33am On Dec 28, 2012

My 2cents though.
there's no sense in this..
My 2cents though
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by CoolKizzy(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2012

My 2cents though.

son of an albino
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by offshoreking: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Why should u put flavour name there? i think u are not a music lover. pls u should visit youtube, there u will see under few months the album has touched the world. go to youtube, check flavour ada ada, ife n'eli. ikwokirikwo and many other in that album and see how great the album is. u should be a music lover not a hypocrite.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Dandy1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
Troll: Me I'm waiting For Black Magic's Album. Infact I'm drooling with saliva to eat that CD. Ma koje rush rush. With songs like Repete, Fantasy, Confam, Tomorrow, Foreigner And Rainbow I no wan hear say the album don come out and I no know undecided

And not forgeting the monster hit "Badstar" by Black Magic & Aikon (3WiseMen)

Infact I So much love the Syndik8 Crew (Lynxx, Blink, Black Magic, Nedu and Aikon) grin

Sorry boy,Rainbow and tomorrow are tracks in an earlier released album.Repete,Confam,and fantasy are gonna be in his up-coming album.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by delors(m): 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
baby_mama: Who is that bleached up no 6 guy shocked shocked shocked
Jeez,why do men bleach
Why does anyone bleach?

Somebody should tell him to quit the nonsense
Mama bon boy, na ur pikin be VECTOR abi? That na why u dey beef Reminisce...Reminisce baba - that guy is 2MUSSHH!
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by yoged(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
As a yoruba boy, I really gbadun flavour's album and have seen his album too with my friends. Flavour shouldn't be in the list...others are wack,

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by ncpat(m): 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
Listen HERE

Download HERE
````````````````````

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by egheleghe(m): 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
FBS: Ain't from da east but nna men, how can you say Flavour's album did no record commercial success? Personally, grin I'm totally and very surprised about that. me thinks, the OP should travel more!

Anyway, happy festive period to everyone! cheesy
Flavor's album is the biggest album of the year at least in PHC. Hold up CD hawkers can give you the idea of what's hot. davido's album did not sell up to 100 copies in PHC. Duncan mighty and Timaya did good too. . I think Flavor's album will sell for many more years like his last one.

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by asala1: 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
egheleghe: Flavor's album is the biggest album of the year at least in PHC. Hold up CD hawkers can give you the idea of what's hot. davido's album did not sell up to 100 copies in PHC. Duncan mighty and Timaya did good too. . I think Flavor's album will sell for many more years like his last one.
Have his recent singles 'chinny baby' on my playlist but seriously I didn't know he had any album this year.

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by adaptor4all: 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
ortopazz:

u mean people actually buy dunkan mightyz new album? Mehn to me itz 4cked up, tweaked beats, God saved Timaya, buh Dunkan mighty am sorry, it was the same damn thing, he even had the guts to remix one of the songs frm his first album, timaya did same in UPGRADE BUH SCALED, IYAYA has burned evry1 thz yr, itz an eyah from me to Dunkan(on my part o) nt one of his sngs is buzzin
U may b corekt abt Duncan mighty's album..bt it may interest u 2 knw dat he doesn't make his moni only tru music,so he wud neva b perturbed..u may nt jst understand,bt beliv me,anoda rolls royce is on d way..maybe dis tym worth 1m dols..so h8 wisely
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by adaptor4all: 11:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
[quote author=gidiMonsta]The review is on point! The fact is; the popularity of a song depends on how well its received in Lagos. Because Flavour's album is very popular in the east doesn't mean it shouldn't be on that list, even Flavour had to re-shoot some of his videos off his old album when he broke into the Lagos market.
Abeg,Flavour's album shdnt b in dat list..smtin jst released in Oct,even wtout a hit trak b4 den..u r only stuck in lagos dats y u won't know dis..I was 1ce lyk u n so won't blame u
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by toplynn: 7:08am On Dec 29, 2012
embarassedI think I "COMPLETELY" AGREE with the Op on this Review.He is Defiitely right and knws how to analyse music properly because 1 has hot singles does not guarantee album sales.a single might sell or be everywhere 4 instance but the album might not b anywhere. am a fan of all these artist and apart from d fact that am aware of mavins crew and da prince album which I am aware of in all HONESTY I was aware any of this well respected artist dropped albums this year.banging singles of all the aforementioned artist idid hear banging in the streets and in d clubs I did hear but seeing d albums on the streets or in d clubs I did not see.I know d Op is right and mind u for those criticizing d Op dat one album or d oda shud not b there because d album was tight,D Op never said there weren't all tight all he is saying was they did not make commercial success as expecteed with all d buzz from their singles.am an Album person I Judge a good artist by his album not by his singles and I never knew any of thiis aartist released albums this year and am a FAN of ALL of THEM:Flavor,Reminisce,Brymo,et al it shows Bad Pr on the Artist management. They all are good artist and have good albums According to the Op and in My Opinion An excellent Review by an Op dat has done a good job in making aware of this artist albums so I am going to buy some to add to their commercial success and hopefully tell oda music Lovers I knw to help them get off this List
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by naijaobi(m): 8:15am On Dec 29, 2012
toplynn: embarassedI think I "COMPLETELY" AGREE with the Op on this Review.He is Defiitely right and knws how to analyse music properly because 1 has hot singles does not guarantee album sales.a single might sell or be everywhere 4 instance but the album might not b anywhere. am a fan of all these artist and apart from d fact that am aware of mavins crew and da prince album which I am aware of in all HONESTY I was aware any of this well respected artist dropped albums this year.banging singles of all the aforementioned artist idid hear banging in the streets and in d clubs I did hear but seeing d albums on the streets or in d clubs I did not see.I know d Op is right and mind u for those criticizing d Op dat one album or d oda shud not b there because d album was tight,D Op never said there weren't all tight all he is saying was they did not make commercial success as expecteed with all d buzz from their singles.am an Album person I Judge a good artist by his album not by his singles and I never knew any of thiis aartist released albums this year and am a FAN of ALL of THEM:Flavor,Reminisce,Brymo,et al it shows Bad Pr on the Artist management. They all are good artist and have good albums According to the Op and in My Opinion An excellent Review by an Op dat has done a good job in making aware of this artist albums so I am going to buy some to add to their commercial success and hopefully tell oda music Lovers I knw to help them get off this List
and how did u know flavour's album didnt make commercial success... How do u define commercial success?.. Flavour's album which was just released this october ending should not be in the list...period.. the album is a huge success.

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by OmoUSH(m): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2013
Truth is Trash people here listen to Trash songs Trash Nigerian artists sing. They should go to Yankee to learn the art of music so they can stop becoming local champions, though i respect that Capital Femi.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alfa Sings Davido’s “Aye” Hit Song Word For Word At An Event (Video) / Frank Edwards – "Very Big God" / 9ice & Demmie Vee Hit The Studio, Listen To Their New Duet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.