Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,440 members, 7,839,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

12 Lessons In Charater - Puppies - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 12 Lessons In Charater - Puppies (672 Views)

My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12 Lessons In Charater - Puppies by Neonunez: 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hi everyone,

I came across this on a blog I normally visit and I thought I should share with you.

Please enjoy!

Responsibility: Adopting or buying a puppy is a serious endeavor. The shelter makes sure you understand this isn’t just a cute toy but a significant responsibility. You are in it for the long-haul for better or worse.

Tolerance: How are you going to respond when you find your very best shoes are chewed up and the puppy has had another ‘accident’ on the carpet for seemingly the hundredth time.

Selflessness
: Adoption is truly a selfless act for the sake of the puppy. This isn’t about you and it becomes your responsibility to keep her feed, healthy and protected.

Kindness: It’s impossible for me to understand those who aren’t kind to such warm-hearted animals. Kindness is her true nature – when she climbs over the girls and likes their face until they giggle uncontrollably. This kindness is returned ten-fold.

Love (unconditional)
: This is the only way the puppy knows how to live. After only a few days this dog won’t care about anything else on the planet other than you. Just leave her for ten minutes and return and it’s as if you’ve been gone for ten years! And, even if you have the worst day possible, the puppy won’t care. She’ll be right by your side offering unconditional love.

Resourcefulness
: you will find a way to make it work, to spend time with her – to walk her and to feed her.

Patience: Trust me on this.

Communication
: Both you and your puppy will learn to communicate and understand each other in an absolutely unique way.

Discipline: You both will receive a healthy amount of discipline. You’ll find that your schedule must account for her and she’ll find that she must learn to obey you.

Exercise: She’ll force the issue and you’ll be much better for it. You’ll feel better getting outside with her. She simply demands exercise.

Fun: She’s all about fun. Frisbee NOW! JUMP! JUMP! Bark! JUMP!

Rest
: Dogs know how to play and they know how to rest. We are instructed to pay careful attention.

Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
~Mark Twain

(1) (Reply)

a big fantasy about Animals Revenge (must See) / 4mnths Male Rott Available / Chinese Billionaire Wang Jianlin's Only Son Buys His Pet Dog Eight 'iphone 7s'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.