Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,466 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP (5693 Views)

Who Has A Better Campaign Strategy? Apc Or Pdp (see Pictures And Be The Judge) / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by omiobo: 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2012
Ofido: PDP all the way.... Cross River State, Rivers, Enugu, Gombe, Plautue name them all wonderful pdp states. For the acn, apart from lagos and edo wat else?
AC.N for real. Ogun state,Osun state and Ekiti state were controlled by PDP for years and there was nothing to show. Judge the AC.N governors after their 4yrs
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
ACN definitely.

The quality of the candidate bests the PDP easily.

E.g Compare Ajimobi, Fashola, Fayemi, Oshiomole, Amosun to PDP's Akala, Obanikoro, Omisore, Fayose etc?
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Afam4eva(m): 5:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
dayokanu: ACN definitely.

The quality of the candidate bests the PDP easily.

E.g Compare Ajimobi, Fashola, Fayemi, Oshiomole, Amosun to PDP's Akala, Obanikoro, Omisore, Fayose etc?
Compare them to Amaechi, Akpabio, Chime, Rochas, Donald duke etc.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:
Are Akpabio, Amaechi, Chime and Donald duke not performers? Tell me the performers that have come out of ACN except Fashola.

@topic
I will go for PDP instead of ACN. Even though these two parties represent what has befallen Nigeria, PDP has shown that it's a democratic entity to some extent. They're more widespread even to the grassroots than ACN. They're not a regional party like ACN and list goes on...God punish both ACN and PDP anyways.

The same Chime that has held the state to ransom just like yarAdua did? Thats why I call you a hypocrite, the same people who insulted YarAdua and the cabal when he was sick are now dancing around the issue of Chime
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:

Whats there to compare? Lets do an educated one

Whats the allocation of each of these states you mentioned and compare with their population and compare with all those ACN folks. Also compare the 5yr tenure ACN govs like Oshiomole and Fashola to those that have 5 yrs and also compare Ajimobi/Amosun to Rochas who have similar lenght of tenure
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Afam4eva(m): 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2012
dayokanu:

The same Chime that has held the state to ransom just like yarAdua did? Thats why I call you a hypocrite, the same people who insulted YarAdua and the cabal when he was sick are now dancing around the issue of Chime
Chime handed over to his vice before he went on medical leave. How's that ransome? And what has it got to do with performance?
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:
Chime handed over to his vice before he went on medical leave. How's that ransome? And what has it got to do with performance?

How long is a governor allowed to be away for ?

Can you provide a link from a reputed newspaper that shows us Chime is on leave or anything from Enugu government quarters?
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Afam4eva(m): 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
dayokanu:

How long is a governor allowed to be away for ?

Can you provide a link from a reputed newspaper that shows us Chime is on leave or anything from Enugu government quarters?
Let's stay on topic pls. You can remove Chime for all i care. Now, how do those ACN people you listed compare to the ones i listed?
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:
Let's stay on topic pls. You can remove Chime for all i care. Now, how do those ACN people you listed compare to the ones i listed?

So you have been found out to not only be a bigot but also a Liar. Show us where Chime went on Leave of absence and he fled.

For the others I asked you a simple question Whats their state allocation + Income / Population and compare it to the ACN states.

Thats the way intellectuals make their comparison something alien to you.

Is it coincidental that Duke, Akpabia and Amaechi are from Oil producing states that get bumper allocation? of the 28 PDP governors and 23 from non Oil producing states you cant point to anyone?
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Afam4eva(m): 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2012
dayokanu:
Is it coincidental that Duke, Akpabia and Amaechi are from Oil producing states that get bumper allocation? of the 28 PDP governors and 23 from non Oil producing states you cant point to anyone?
What have the ACN governors done with the little they get from the center. At least at worst i want to believe these governors can do half of what those ND governors have done. What thing of note have they done in their states. Apart from Fashola.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by idonchop: 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2012
[quote author=Ofido]PDP all the way.... Cross River State, Rivers, Enugu, Gombe, Plautue name them all wonderful pdp states. For the acn, apart from lagos and edo wat else?[/quote
ur comparison sucks.PDP controls 26 states andACN,just 6
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:
What have the ACN governors done with the little they get from the center. At least at worst i want to believe these governors can do half of what those ND governors have done. What thing of note have they done in their states. Apart from Fashola.

You want us to compare Oyo State with 5million with Rivers or Akwa Ibom ?

Oyo with 5.5m people Oyo get $45m per month vs Rivers with 5.1m Rivers make $102m per month

Ogun with 3.8m people Ogun get $33m vs Akwa Ibom with 3.9m people that get $106m per month

Is the comparison not daft?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok lets follow your argument. Show us the ACN governors who have spent 5yrs in office like Akpabio and Amaechi you called and lets compare.

I am sure you would run again. I have shown you to be intellectually inferior several times on this forum
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Afam4eva(m): 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
dayokanu:

You want us to compare Oyo State with 5million with Rivers or Akwa Ibom ?

Oyo with 5.5m people Oyo get $45m per month vs Rivers with 5.1m Rivers make $102m per month

Ogun with 3.8m people Ogun get $33m vs Akwa Ibom with 3.9m people that get $106m per month

Is the comparison not daft?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok lets follow your argument. Show us the ACN governors who have spent 5yrs in office like Akpabio and Amaechi you called and lets compare.

I am sure you would run again. I have shown you to be intellectually inferior several times on this forum
Now it has become about allocations...what have they done with the little that they've got. Just list some achievements in their relatively short stint as governors. It's even ironic that you're suggesting that we give these ACN governors a break because they've not spent eight years whereas you were the same person hunting the person of Jonathan when he had barely spent one year in office. I'm still waiting for the achievements of those governors.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:
Now it has become about allocations...what have they done with the little that they've got. Just list some achievements in their relatively short stint as governors. It's even ironic that you're suggesting that we give these ACN governors a break because they've not spent eight years whereas you were the same person hunting the person of Jonathan when he had barely spent one year in office. I'm still waiting for the achievements of those governors.

Oyo state in less than 2 yrs

Osun

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85358:osun-kicks-off-n300m-hydro-power-project&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Gbawe: 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:

Why is everything about the SE and SS for you? Why on earth are you so clannish all the time? DayoKanu virtually mentioned all the Governors ACN has and you are busy clannishly mentioning SS and SE Governors alone. Is the PDP about SS and SE Governor alone ,who number a handful, or the Many useless Governors the Party has currently and has historically produced throughout Nigeria? Next minute you will claim you are Mr.Nigeria when every damn thing is about the SE and SS for you.

The PDP is not about SS and SE politicians alone. Get that into your head. Any judgement about the Party must be made in relation to all the leaders the Party has produced. It is like foolishly adjudging a family of 15 to be a good family based on 3 decent members of the family while mischievously and fraudulently keeping silent about the 12 other members of the family who are hardened criminals.

@Topic.
I really don't understand some of the responses here and I can only attribute them to lack of political sophistication, ethnic jingoism, "stockholm syndrome" and bastardized mentality that makes Nigerians reason in ways very different to others. PDP is not about your local chapter of the Party or about your Governor alone. It is about the Party killing Nigerians in cold blood with terrorism. It is about a Party that is a "nest of killers". It is a Party that has gulped massive amount of the nations resources , at federal level, since 1999 and given very little in return. The ACN are not saints but are we Nigerians frigging kidding? Are we talking about a PDP operating in the UK and not Nigeria?

Were this silly question be put to citizens of politically sophisticated Nations, then there is only one answer given what the PDP is in its entirety that makes it the Party least worthy of trust in Nigeria.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Afam4eva(m): 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
Gbawe:

Why is everything about the SE and SS for you? Why on earth are you so clannish all the time? DayoKanu virtually mentioned all the Governors ACN has and you are busy clannishly mentioning SS and SE Governors alone. Is the PDP about SS and SE Governor alone ,who number a handful, or the Many useless Governors the Party has currently and has historically produced throughout Nigeria? Next minute you will claim you are Mr.Nigeria when every damn thing is about the SE and SS for you.

The PDP is not about SS and SE politicians alone. Get that into your head. Any judgement about the Party must be made in relation to all the leaders the Party has produced. It is like foolishly adjudging a family of 15 to be a good family based on 3 decent members of the family while mischievously and fraudulently keeping silent about the 12 other members of the family who are hardened criminals.
Only a clannish person will point out that the governors i posted are from the SS and SE. I just named PDP governors that i know are performing to the best of their ability.

The ACN is not also all about about Lagos. It's currently in charge of 6 states. Tell me what those states have achieved thus far.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 7:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:
Only a clannish person will point out that the governors i posted are from the SS and SE. I just named PDP governors that i know are performing to the best of their ability.

The ACN is not also all about about Lagos. It's currently in charge of 6 states. Tell me what those states have achieved thus far.

I have given you the achievement you asked for now lets see the next line of argument?

Though I admit you are intellectually inferior but do yourself a favour and keep shut especially about things you know nothing about

There are over 25 PDP governors who have spent over 5yrs in office compare them side by side with the ACN who have spent a similar time frame. Does it make sense for me to compare Seriake Dickson who has spent about a year with Oshiomole for example?

And compare PDP governors who have spent 1yr plus with Ajimobi and Amosun

And don't forget their allocation and population.

I'm not surprised Sagamite keep harping on Products of a failed educational system. Where did you school? ESHOOT?
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Gbawe: 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:

Something is wrong with you. Typical of those who are vacuously stubborn, ignorant and never wanting to accept obvious and logical correction. The fact is that you cannot make a judgement about the PDP based on SE and SS Governors alone while ignoring the many other worthless Governors the Party has. Doing that means you are simply a dishonest person who does not care for logical thinking or consideration that makes obvious sense. I don't expect a clannish and obdurate person to show class and accept correction. The PDP has to be judged in its entirety and with all its leaders accounted for. Any educated and reasonable person will accept that.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Afam4eva(m): 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
Gbawe:

Something is wrong with you. Typical of those who are vacuously stubborn, ignorant and never wanting to accept obvious and logical correction. The fact is that you cannot make a judgement about the PDP based on SE and SS Governors alone while ignoring the many other worthless Governors the Party has. Doing that means you are simply a dishonest person who does not care for logical thinking or consideration that makes obvious sense. I don't expect a clannish and obdurate person to show class and accept correction. The PDP has to be judged in its entirety and with all its leaders accounted for. Any educated and reasonable person will accept that.
I'm not here to say that PDP has no bad governors. But it's not all bad. But will you also accept that ACN is not all good too? In your mind, everything that comes from ACN is heaven produced but those in PDP is annointed by devil himself. When will you agree that both parties are agents of satan and you're propagating the evil of one.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by taharqa: 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
PDP=ACN=CPC=ANPP= THE SAME
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by lagcity(m): 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:

Well, people like you see what they want to see - only Lagos. Look for the ekiti thread created some weeks ago and tell me that small state isn't doing more than the large states. Ekiti has done so well that one can not even compare her to ebonyi , nassarawa and zamfara, which were all created simultaneously. We can only compare with older bigger states and it still beats them.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm not here to say that PDP has no bad governors. But it's not all bad. But will you also accept that ACN is not all good too? In your mind, everything that comes from ACN is heaven produced but those in PDP is annointed by devil himself. When will you agree that both parties are agents of satan and you're propagating the evil of one.

Out of 27 PDP governors how many are good

Out of 6 ACN governors how many are good

Now compare the ratios and get back to me.

Put your so called education into use
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by takedat(m): 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2012
All the political parties have their peculiar failings but PDP is Nigeria's greatest mistake after amalgamation!
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Afam4eva(m): 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2012
dayokanu:

Out of 27 PDP governors how many are good

Out of 6 ACN governors how many are good

Now compare the ratios and get back to me.

Put your so called education into use
I'm not here to hold brief for PDP. I'm not a PDP member. I'm just here to tell you that parties in Nigeria lack ideology and are birds of the same feather. If it doesn't work for them in one party, they move to another. Stop making ACN look like what they're not. There's nothing PDP has done that ACN has not done even worse. They're both evils but PDP is a lesser evil. Both can go rest in the bosom of satan for all i care.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm not here to hold brief for PDP. I'm not a PDP member. I'm just here to tell you that parties in Nigeria lack ideology and are birds of the same feather. If it doesn't work for them in one party, they move to another. Stop making ACN look like what they're not. There's nothing PDP has done that ACN has not done even worse. They're both evils but PDP is a lesser evil. Both can go rest in the bosom of satan for all i care.

Show us a ACN governor thats a

Murder suspect Like Omisore

A disgraced Policeman like Alao -Akala

A tout like Fayose

A man without any professional background like Obanikoro. Tell us the professional background of Omisore, Fayose and Obanikoro

Fashola- SAN
Ajimobi- Accountant and MD of NOLCHEM
Aregbesola - Engineer
Fayemi- A lecturer
Oshiomole- A Labour leader
Amosun- An Accountant

Even Akeredolu that lost is a SAN and chairman of NBA
ACN doesnt present candidates with shady background for Governorship position

Show us how PDP is the lesser evil?. We are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Demdem(m): 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
Jarus: ACN is a little better. They have a way of fishing out performers.

My stance also. The killer party is a curse.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by solomonkane(m): 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
Actually none, they both seem to be useless children of the same accursed parents. A.C.N is yet to shed the toga of a regional party with an omnipotent godfather, has corrupt tendencies and is yet to offer an alternative platform at national level. P.D.P is an irredeemable brood of vipers whose mantra of "share the money" has attracted like minds from all ethnic groups and regions; it is probably the best symbol of what Nigeria actually is.

I think it will be better to compare states that have been ruled by both and use that as some sort of barometer. These are states I have either lived in or visited for extended periods:

EDO: Under P.D.P i.e. Igbinedion/Osunbor = bowel of hell. Under A.C.N i.e. Oshiomhole = impressive.

OGUN: Under P.D.P i.e OGD = Decaying cadaver. Under A.C.N i.e. Amosun = Marginal improvement. Marginal success under Osoba (A.D/A.C.N)

OYO: Under P.D.P i.e Ladoja/Akala = Hades in 3D. Under A.C.N i.e. Ajimobi = Same as before. Was just as bad under the late Lam Adesina (A.D).

OSUN: Can't give a clear assessment as I haven't been there since A.C.N (Aregbesola) took over but under P.D.P (Oyinlola) it was a dead state. Was okay under Akande (A.D/A.C.N)

LAGOS: Under A.C.N i.e. Tinubu was average but laid the foundation for Fashola who has been a resounding success.

AKWA IBOM:
Same as Lagos where an average Attah also laid the foundation for the resounding success of Akpabio.

DELTA:
Under P.D.P i.e. Ibori and Uduaghan has been a tale of glorified failures, failures and more failures.

BAYELSA: Three successive P.D.P governors i.e. Alams, GEJ, Sylva were all disastrous. Haven't been to Bayelsa in a while so can't make informed comments about Dickson.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by seanet02: 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
I have always known afam as a bigot, hypocrite and extremely inferior debater.
He is renown for shifting goal posts.
To hell with please don't perform
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
seanet02: I have always known afam as a bigot, hypocrite and extremely inferior debater.
He is renown for shifting goal posts.
To hell with please don't perform

I know I am just helping him to self diagnose his dementia

He is also intellectually inferior and epitomize what wrong with the Nigerian educational system where dolts like him speak a lot and assume they are making sense.

I think he should relocate to the celebrity section and debate about Tonto Dikehs new dress
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Demdem(m): 8:09pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:

Fool, use ur brain well. Amaechi has been nothing but a comeplete arsehole this second term and donald duke is currently not a governor. Infact the tinapa project which was the hallmark of his admin seems to be draining the state till date with little or no returns
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Demdem(m): 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:

and i have removed Amaechi and Duke, what else do u have again apart from Akpabio and Rochas (not even PDP). Why dont u call on Elechi of ebonyi and orji of abia and lets compare undecided
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by solomonkane(m): 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:

Afam, this is about ACN and PDP, remove Rochas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Just Look At What I Saw on AIT Television (pics) / Muslims Against Buhari (MAB) / Dapo Abiodun: We Reconstructed, Rehabilitated 600km Roads In Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.