Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

That Alleged Ban On Nigerian Movies In Ghana Pt2 -nigerian Govt Revenge: - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / That Alleged Ban On Nigerian Movies In Ghana Pt2 -nigerian Govt Revenge: (1917 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) / That Alleged Ban On Nigerian Movies In Ghana / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Alleged Ban On Nigerian Movies In Ghana Pt2 -nigerian Govt Revenge: by TCUBE(m): 7:08am On Feb 16, 2008
In that paper titled "THAT ALLEGED BAN OF NIGERIAN MOVIES IN GHANA," I humbly called on Ghana's Authorities not to Ban Nigerian movies, if it had done so as alleged in some quarters. I also warned that such ban might trigger unpleasant backlash.

Now according to "NIGERIA ONLINE TODAY," of June 17, 2005, Ghana is now putting together a paper to contest Nigeria's ban on certain Ghana products. Details of that report is posted below.

At this time, we have not confirmed the details, but a mere allegation of this sort should be addressed if even to dissuade such a decision. As I had warned a few weeks ago against the allegation of Ghana banning Nigerian movies in Ghana, I am humbly calling on Nigerian Authorities to reconsider such ban on Ghana products in Nigeria if it has made such decision as reported. Both Ghana and Nigeria are among the most influential countries in Africa and particularly in West Africa.

The fall out of such conflict could escalate to undesirable heights. Do we need to be reminded that we ought to work and grow together rather than isolate and antagonize the other in a world where even bigger nations are now uniting and cooperating to create a formidable force for their regions?
- Oliver Mbamara, Esq.,
Publisher/Editor
www.AfricanEvents.com

THE REPORT:
Ghana to contest Nigeria's ban on products

Ghana is putting together a position paper on Nigeria's decision to ban certain items and products from entering its market. Ghana is to table the paper on the fringes of the forthcoming review meeting of the Head of States on the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) in Abuja, to discuss Ghana and Rwanda's Programme of Action on the draft of their country papers on the APRM.

Nigeria has placed a ban in contravention of ECOWAS and World Trade Organization rules and regulations. Nigeria early this year placed a ban on the importation of certain products into the country as part of measures to stop the importation of cheap items and ultimately to diversify the Nigerian economy. Dr Kofi Konadu Apraku, Ghana's Minister of Regional Cooperation and NEPAD, told the Ghana News Agency that the Ministry was working in consultation with the Ministry of Trade and Industry to fashion out a strategy to address the situation.

He said Ghana was studying the matter closely in the light of firm cooperation between the two countries. Under the ECOWAS Trade Liberalization Treaty, member countries are free to export and import items into each other's country devoid of quotas or any forms of restriction
Re: That Alleged Ban On Nigerian Movies In Ghana Pt2 -nigerian Govt Revenge: by ckz: 10:33am On Feb 27, 2008
why cant ghana and nigiria just live in peace it just makes me sick we are all african the white folks came and drew lines and are makin us to fight aba unnecery things nonsense
Re: That Alleged Ban On Nigerian Movies In Ghana Pt2 -nigerian Govt Revenge: by Raymond88(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2008
I think Nigerian movies should be banned EVERYWHERE!! It's shameful. . .
Re: That Alleged Ban On Nigerian Movies In Ghana Pt2 -nigerian Govt Revenge: by Wordsmith(m): 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2008
Lol, true talk Raymond. . . cheesy
Re: That Alleged Ban On Nigerian Movies In Ghana Pt2 -nigerian Govt Revenge: by zigbo(f): 12:26am On Mar 16, 2008
Raymond88:

I think Nigerian movies should be banned EVERYWHERE!! It's shameful. . .

ur opinion sucks. . .

if nigerian movies are shameful then ghanian movies are a taboo,i mean wtf nigerian movies air around the uk who the Bleep is the ghanian govt. to make such a crazy nd unnecessary legislations aint there more pressing issues in ghana,they shud be more worried abt paying billions of ceedes for a couple of any currency. never seen a continent as bleeping egocentric as west africa.

hiss hiss hiss hiss hiss hiss hiss hiss hiss nd it goes on nd on
Re: That Alleged Ban On Nigerian Movies In Ghana Pt2 -nigerian Govt Revenge: by Raymond88(m): 1:32am On Mar 16, 2008
If Ghana is banning Nigerian movies simply because they're wack, then I'm in full support!
Re: That Alleged Ban On Nigerian Movies In Ghana Pt2 -nigerian Govt Revenge: by whiteroses(f): 1:39pm On Sep 13, 2009
eje ki emi so Yoruba di e, ara ile lo n pe ni arun awodi lara ita ri si, all our tro tro movies like one mouth two bread, how market, heads will roll and the rest should be kept to ourselves lol ghana government is just protecting the innocent minds of their citizens grin

(1) (Reply)

Fast And Furious Seven (whats Your Opinion) / Nagin 21 November 2015 Promo / Who Is Bright Echefu?|See Biography Of "TSTV" MD/CEO & His Newly Wedded Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.