Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,334 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. (11270 Views)

When Cars Are Not Parked At Owners' Risk / Nigerian Made Cars Are Ready / Why Quality Tokunbo Cars Are Scarce In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by kingsceemark(m): 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2012
polokor60: Thanks for the info.

i don't mind buying one, i prefer 2 buy damage car made in abroad, than 2 buy brand new car made in naija
Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by GarbaAudu: 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
So sad. Never underestimate the power of mother nature. If the Almighty Bayonne Port can be turn upside down within few minutes, No seaport in this world is safe. Thanks alot Bizbooks.
Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by navygrl: 12:40am On Dec 15, 2012
Us, Canada and Europe have been doing this for over 20 years. Most of the cars are headed to Mexico though. Like usual
Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by MrCork17: 1:00am On Dec 15, 2012
is it not better than ridin donkeys?undecided
Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by obuji: 4:55am On Dec 15, 2012
haha.. story ..
Brothers with 2 million looking for Toyota Highlander.. tell me how else you can perform the miracle??
Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 15, 2012
ayodeji1: i saw this coming.thanks boss.
thanks and this tip will be used to buy my next car, bookmarked page
Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by Revolva(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2012
Hey you Guys should try live around Apapa area and vincinity (ijora , olodi apapa, ajegunle,mile2) and see containers trucks flooding oshodi apapa expressway causing havoc together with oil tankers causing holdup that can last for a whole 7hours when headin to the apapa port and also tincan ports.. If u see the numbers of ships that barts in the port you go weep for nigeria - we are just a comsuming nation
Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by MurderX: 11:11am On Dec 15, 2012
The water wey enter the motor pass the one wey we dey swim everyday for here?
Thanks for the info though, very useful.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by Abbott(m): 11:34am On Dec 15, 2012
ehie: ZINNOX Comp is crap,they should upgrade to stay in the game,innovate.etc,do not force Nigerians to buy inferior thing out of pity or use emotional blackmail

I agree.
Poor processors that will make you cry and bang your head on the wall and stomp on your pc and hideously pricey for a poor spec.
Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by azeezakande: 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2012
Its a sad situation for car sellers and those who ship for personal use. Most of d cars have being in port for a month before the natural disaster. I personally hv a sienna full of wedding stuff. What can a man do but to keep d faith.
Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by sonety2k(m): 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
BizBooks: As we all know, the eastern coast of the United States was devastated by Hurricane Sandy in
late October 2012. Incidentally, the east coast is where the major Ports are located. One of
these major Ports is at Bayonne, New Jersey. After the storm, it was revealed that more than
10,000 cars awaiting shipment to Africa and South America were severely damaged. The damages
include:

· Flood Damage
· Fire Damage
· Body Damage

The damages were so severe that the shipping lines refused to accept the cars for shipment
and asked the owners to remove them from the Port. If you are wondering why the shipping
lines refused to continue with the shipping, it is because the cars were no longer functional.
To load a car on ship, somebody has to actually start it and drive it onto the ship. If a
car cannot start, most shipping lines will not accept it. If they do, they will charge you
a heavy surcharge called Non-Running Vehicle Surcharge.

I wouldn't have written this article if the story ended here. But then something remarkable
happened. Some of these shipping lines turned around and said they will ship these damaged
cars to Africa if the owners put them in a container. Many people took this option and as a
result, these cars are now headed to Nigeria. Some are already in Lagos as we speak while
others will be arriving shortly.

The unfortunate thing is that these flooded and damaged cars will not show up on Carfax or
Autocheck. Carfax and Autocheck do not track cars once they are shipped out of the US. So
the last entry you will see for these cars in VIN reports is: "Exported to Nigeria - October

So Buyer Beware.

P.S: The picture below shows containers over-turned by hurricane Sandy at Bayonne Port. This
will give you an idea of the force of the storm.

Picture courtesy of: http://newsrescue.com/ro-ro-container-shippers-lose-millions-hurricane-sandy-jersey-port-thrashing/#axzz2F03i5QSB

Baba BIZ one of our car were caught by the Hurricane Sandy storm also at the port
Re: Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. by jpphilips(m): 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2012
donigspain: When will Nigeria stop being used as a world industrial dump-site?

the moment the office of the presidency decides to give the director of SON to people who are not members of PDP.
there was this guy who resigned from a reputable company because he was fustrated out of the job. he was a former Quality assurance manager and he doesnt take s.h!t. very strict guy.

after his resignation, he wrote to the office of the presidency for that job, we lobbied seriously for him but till date no response.

believe me if someone like him gets that job, he will do better than akunyili did with Nafdac.

he is passionate about standards and quality. little wonder the gods in his company fustrated him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Dangers Involved In Doubling Head Gaskets / Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. / What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.