Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k (11276 Views)

What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer / What Kind Of Car Can ₦1 Million Get Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by sunchom(m): 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2010
Hello Nairalanders,

Pls what kind of car (prefereably toyota car) can one get for 250-300k, with AC?.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by sojiabolar: 5:48am On Jan 15, 2010
I have a mercedes benz vbooot v300 for 300k. Call 08051746684
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by WAVixen: 11:37am On Jan 15, 2010
Scrap, jalopy, banger. The list goes on,
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by dammizz(m): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2010
Why is your interest so intense in Toyota, anywayz I ve a matching option, Why not go for Boxers Bajaj. U'll get balance from ur 300k at the end of the day wink
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by otukpo(f): 11:44am On Jan 15, 2010
Tokunboh keke Napep grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by Jcob(m): 11:46am On Jan 15, 2010
How do you maintain and fuel the car since you are purchasing with a life savings.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 15, 2010
Lwkmd,abeg just go for bettle,peugeot 504 with ac
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by dfanthom(m): 11:57am On Jan 15, 2010
better go get a mountain bicycle or a good make of bike. . . .cos any attempt to buy a car with this amount may make you spend thrice the amount in repairs.

goodluck!
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by dammizz(m): 12:00pm On Jan 15, 2010
Jokes apart U can get 1 door yansh-less Honda Accord for 300K. This car's soo good it runs really fast and as small as it is, it has AC & power-stearing in it.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by princekevo(m): 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
sunchom:

Hello Nairalanders,

Pls what kind of car (prefereably toyota car) can one get for 250-300k, with AC?.
Lol !! You even want the one with AC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by allboyz(m): 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2010
dammizz:

Jokes apart U can get 1 door yansh-less Honda Accord for 300K. This car's soo good it runs really fast and as small as it is, it has AC & power-stearing in it.

MAYBE u have to upload a Deepfreezer at the boot!

with that price the best you can get is a Keke Napep, a fairly used one at that! grin grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by khanye(m): 12:17pm On Jan 15, 2010
Ijapa Old Skool cool
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by otybe(f): 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2010
princekevo:

Lol !! You even want the one with AC.
allboyz:

MAYBE u have to upload a Deepfreezer at the boot!

with that price the best you can get is a Keke Napep, a fairly used one at that! grin grin grin grin

LWKMD, y'all crackin me up grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2010
maybe a 1994 nissan maxima/primera
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by suzzy007(f): 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2010
I'm still laffing  shocked  cheesy grin
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by blapo(m): 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2010
I don't know if the poster wants to make joke out of this or serious about it but so far the only person that has helped him is the guy that suggested 1994 nissan maxima/primera.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by Pamperme: 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2010
Haba! it's not funny naw  grin

Anyway, i have one Opel Vectra '96 - Automatic but  you might need to work on the AC.  The lowest price for it is 300k.
it was brought in around April last year, all paperwork done, all we have to do is transfer of ownership. Let me know if you have interest, then we'll arrange for you to have a look.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by sojiabolar: 12:58pm On Jan 15, 2010
Ah ahhn, unna wicked for this nairaland o, lmao,
Na I'm budget b dt nw
Bros, ill post d link to d benz l8r
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by kcng: 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2010
@sunchom

The only way you can get a good car for that price is by buying a nigerian used with a good body and a  bad engine.                                                                                                                                                                                      
step 1.  Buy a nigerian used car with a  with a very good body(enphasis on good body)
        2.  change the old engine to a fearly new tokunboh engine
        3.  change the interior replace the bad once  so the inside still looks new.
        4.  get good body work .
        5.  replace all exterior lights to new ones
        6.  paint.
        7.  car registration.

GUY I JUST PIMPED YOUR RIDE ENJOY YOUR NEW CAR. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by MUNEER2(m): 1:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
kcng:

@sunchom

The only way you can get a good car for that price is by buying a nigerian used with a good body and a  bad engine.                                                                                                                                                                                      
step 1.  Buy a nigerian used car with a  with a very good body(enphasis on good body)
        2.  change the old engine to a fearly new tokunboh engine
        3.  change the interior replace the bad once  so the inside still looks new.
        4.  get good body work .
        5.  replace all exterior lights to new ones
        6.  paint.
        7.  car registration.

GUY I JUST PIMPED YOUR RIDE ENJOY YOUR NEW CAR. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by v24m(f): 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2010
@ poster or you can just buy the AC grin and forget the car.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by na2day(m): 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2010
My guy, go to OWODE ONIRIN, there are some very new cars dat had accidents, u can get them death cheap, do the works and enjoy ur ride. A word of advice, take the car to ur pastor for special deliverance prayers, hoping dat u'll not be the next victim if the car is jinxed!  grin

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by Pappyman: 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2010
Agbana oko.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by kalabi: 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2010
@seyefunmi

i agree with u, 300k is a lot of money, that is annual salary of some graduate in this country.  The guy will get Nigeria used car with that price. just be careful so that u will not buy the car u will still spend almost another 300k on to make it work.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 15, 2010
seyefunmi:

What The Hell is Wrong with you Fools Laughing at the guy?

Thats what he has and thats the amount he can maintain with.

Person wey buy 300k car go soon buy 3million naira car, Mr Man, You would get a car for that price but might not be too good,but you would definitely see one.

Those of you laughing,i know you are poorer than this man asking this questions

word is bond
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by kalabi: 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2010
please i beg u with the name of God dont go to OWODE ONIRIN to buy car o. den dey use juju to sell things in that place o . my brother went thier to buy car, he did not enjoy the car for one day and he had to sell the car back to them at give a way price. dont try it o
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by Pennywise(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
OP
At 300k, your best option is a used v-booth. Either take the one on offer or scout around for the best your money can buy.A lot of pple give up cars not necessarily because they are bad but b/c their status demand they upgrade the vehicle they use.That is where you get lucky.

There is a lot of used v-booth without a dent that can go for that price. With a v-booth you can even drag for a parking space when invited by ur in-laws to an occasion. What's more. Parts are everywhere. Toyotas are over-priced. One going for 300k may be too microscopic, too old and might do harm to your image and perception.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by harakiri(m): 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2010
There are several cars you can buy with that amount namely :

Benz 190
Benz v-boot
Toyota corolla (90's model)
Honda accord/prelude/integra/civic (90's model)
Golf 2 and 3
Mitsibushi Lancer/Galant (90's model)
BMW 3 series (80's model)

Keep a note that all these cars are from the 80's and 90's so even when you buy a clean cheap car, be rest assured that one mechanic somewhere will be feeding fat off you every 3-8 weeks.No be to buy motor be the koko.Na maintenance! ! !
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by Tolulop001(f): 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2010
seyefunmi:

What The Hell is Wrong with you Fools Laughing at the guy?

Thats what he has and thats the amount he can maintain with.

Person wey buy 300k car go soon buy 3million naira car, Mr Man, You would get a car for that price but might not be too good,but you would definitely see one.

Those of you laughing,i know you are poorer than this man asking this questions

lets be practical, 300k? even wants a/c, toyota
except he wants a mechanic as his closest buddy,
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by PurestBoy(m): 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2010
You can buy Cardillac or Bentley,
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by Lanky1: 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2010
You can get a car for 250-300. Only it would be Nigerian Used

Its usually better when you're buying off some1 you know or can trust cos you never know why the other person is selling.
Possibly the person is selling because they want to travel, or cos they want to buy a higher model, but u'll never know.

But if you get a dealer who'l help you be on the look out, you'd have a good chance.
But if buying a Naija used car, try buy a Toyota model, which you can easily revamp.

I know some1 who bought a Naija used car with AC for N280k, so its not impossible.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Re: What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k by harakiri(m): 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2010
@Poster

I will advise you to get your paper right and buy a decent car.Manage public transport if you have to.Years ago i made a mistake of rushing into buying a car simply because everybody i knew already had at least one car.I saw hell! Imagine your car breaking down in traffic hold up or worse. . .imagine your car stopping in the middle of a flooded road due to our poor drainage system.E no funny oooo! ! ! And nobody go gree comot from their car, enter rain and potopoto simply to give you helping hand.

For a decent car that you can rely on, you need at least N1 million.Anything short of that is a joke.I don tell you sha.Do what you like though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Innocent Chukwuma Shares His Views On Nigeria's Manufacturing Sector With TVC / Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues / End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.