Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Help! My Acura 3.5rl Brake Master Cylinder Apply Its Self in Motion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Acura 3.5rl Brake Master Cylinder Apply Its Self in Motion (789 Views)

How Do You Stop A Car That Failed Brake ? / Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) / 4-cylinder Engine Vs 6-cylinder Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Acura 3.5rl Brake Master Cylinder Apply Its Self in Motion by Elsafema: 10:05am On Dec 15, 2012
When am in motion the master cylinder will apply it self and put the car to stop without me aplying break and it wil not go untill i lose and retait the nuts on the master pls advise
Re: Help! My Acura 3.5rl Brake Master Cylinder Apply Its Self in Motion by Ikenna351(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2012
Elsafema: When am in motion the master cylinder will apply it self and put the car to stop without me aplying break and it wil not go untill i lose and retait the nuts on the master pls advise

I would rekit the master cylinder. A cheap job. The Cylinder pinion is no longer returning. Sometimes, cleaning the cylinder (inside) fixes it. But will be wise to replace those seal and pump rubbers. Make sure the spring inside the cylinder is working well.

While you are at it, check to be sure the brake booster (servo) vacuum line is intact. Though if it develops leak, the brake pedal will be very hard to depress.

By the way, i hope no one has put a small paper in the pinion hole where the brake pedal rod goes in? Some do that to close the gap when they fail to bleed brake properly.

I cant think of anyother thing that could be the culprit. Usually, brake master cylinder is the cause, unless your car brake system is different from what i already know. Am not really into Japs.

Ikenna.
Re: Help! My Acura 3.5rl Brake Master Cylinder Apply Its Self in Motion by Elsafema: 6:07pm On Dec 18, 2012
Thank u ikenna
Re: Help! My Acura 3.5rl Brake Master Cylinder Apply Its Self in Motion by sultaan(m): 10:20pm On Dec 18, 2012
Elsafema: When am in motion the master cylinder will apply it self and put the car to stop without me aplying break and it wil not go untill i lose and retait the nuts on the master pls advise

You should never have to mess with your master cylinder, post a couple of pic of your master cyl and engine bay, trying to see if your system has not been modified, vacuum hoses and your brake booster.

(1) (Reply)

Car / House Moves Motion and Urges FG To Suspend The Review Of Car Custom Duties / What Can Be The Liable Cause Of Stucked Tyre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.