Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,377 members, 7,829,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp (34762 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by Rotmyt: 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2012
At Op and fellis, would it have it been alright for him to kneel if he wasn't the president? The same way you guys kiss the air with your ass is the same way we kneel. We have no problem with the ass,so have no problem with our knees! I bet in you narrow mind, you think that he knelt for the pastor. Ask around, people kneel in churches,however its not compulsory. Jonathan decided to do so and you should have no qualms about it.

There's nothing special about his attendance. In God's sight he is a mere mortal like you and I.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by eamodu(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2012
keyremotes: Oga what is disgusting about it.
Why does everything this man do make people grow gray hair?
DO YOU SINCERELY THINK IT IS EASY TO RULE A PEOPLE LIKE NIGERIANS?
IS THERE ANY NIGERIAN WHO DOES NOT KNOW HE IS A CHRISTIAN?
oga r u a christain?if u r,u won't b sayin wat u r sayin.cos even d bible said if u denial me among men,I wil denial u.mr president did wat was right,under God is d pastor,n 4 him to go n meet him n knell b4 d man of God means he seeks answers only God can give through his servant.av u eva come across d word humble?pride comes b4 destruction.if u r in d light u wil understand,dt wen u seek God ur status b4 him means noting,nither is dt of ppl dt look unto u.
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by CashVessel(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2012
Incase u don't Know, GEJ is a mere man n he knelt down before God n not man. Adeboye is a servant of God who was used to pray for GEJ.U may not understand like GEJ did dat God is supreme n is no respecter of persons.
pimp_lucious :
How silly Of President Jonathan To Go On His Knees At Redeemed Camp Again

I am watching Channels TV News@10 and the sight before me is highly disappointing!!!!!

After waving and smiling sheepishly to the crowd and delivering his score-card speech, the shoeless fool once again knelt down with all of his Presidential anointing in PUBLIC before Pastor Adeboye. VERY DISGUSTING!!!!!!

Does this man knows the implication of that singular action on the psyche of the 150M Nigerians, many of whom are muslims and men of other faith, whose sovereignty he holds for them in trust?

This man is truly very foolish and a clown
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by ignis: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
I use to tell my fans that all muslims are boko haram by default.
@ What is wrong with a president kneeing down in church? Nobody is too big for the anointing whether president or servant. The president is answerable to God almighty,
Let me ask you this question: Does the muslim presidents, ministers and Governors refuse to bow down and knee while praying in public?
(bitterly angry and disgusted)
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by omenka(m): 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
The oaf knows just how to exploit the sentiments of Nigerians! Trust me, with that singular act, regardless of what he does in the days ahead, Adeboye and all his congregation would vote and actively campaigne for the retardeen should he decide to run in 2015. Same tricks he used in the run up to 2011 elections and had most nigerians fooled, they seem, as indicated in some comments here, to be gettin punked yet again.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by henrysam(m): 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
[quote author=pimp_lucious ]How silly Of President Jonathan To Go On His Knees At Redeemed Camp Again

I am watching Channels TV News@10 and the sight before me is highly disappointing!!!!!

After waving and smiling sheepishly to the crowd and delivering his score-card speech, the shoeless fool once again knelt down with all of his Presidential anointing in PUBLIC before Pastor Adeboye. VERY DISGUSTING!!!!!!

Does this man knows the implication of that singular action on the psyche of the 150M Nigerians, many of whom are muslims and men of other faith, whose sovereignty he holds for them in trust?

This man is truly very foolish and a clown[/quote
love-vendor Lucifer or what do you call your self. What is wrong for a president to kneel before God. You just hate this man unjustly. Why can't you be focused may be one day you too will become a counsellor in your ward and see how tedious and frustrating it is to rule. Wonder how far you will go in life if you continue like this. This is a whole president of Nigeria you are talking to like this. As small as GGhana is I never saw any citizen of that country talking dis respectively about their president like this. Poor you
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by frankgreat(m): 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
@op, lemme remind u that even the queen of england knelt down inside the church of england during her coronation and I don't need to remind you of how important and influential she is..mr president knelt down in front of God as a christian nd he ll do d same if he visits a mosque or a traditional ruler...so get dat into ur head nd stop been sentimental
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by mactonnyso: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
@ poster how come u are so hopeless and frustrated . dont kill yourself oh and u are on ur own on this issue
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
Alxmyr: The bible tells about the wife of David, the king who despised David for dancing wreaklessly before the people and disgrace himself before Israelites. The king replied her and said, he (David) was dancing before GOD who made him king over Israel and prefer him over Saul, the wife's father. And the result. The wife was the only woman recorded in the bible that died barren.
If you had survived 1/100th of what Jonathan survived and still remain President and Commander-in-chief, you will roll on the floor with gratitude to God everytime you appear in church.
HOW TO FOOL NIGERIANS:Pretend to be religious
wtf?See somebody comparing David nd G.Jonathan?David was a righteous leader,GEJ is a corrupt and inept one.
As a matter of fact adeboye shouldnt have prayed for him,its like associating with failure.
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by ChiFin: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2012
@pimp_lucious:
Would you have preferred seeing your president rather kneel at a shrine for some rituals? That act is a mark of his God-fearing nature. He humbled himself b4 God, whom the pastor (God's servant) represents and definitely not for the Pastor. So, why trouble yourself?
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2012
pimp_lucious :

The stupeeditty in this singular post trumps them all
It is nauseating to say the least
Did Yaradua ,Buhari,IBB,shagari and all past Muslim leaders of nigeria not bow down in mosques and Muslim prayers
Did we not see them on TV doing so
What a disgusting imp

Nonsense!
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2012
Jeees. Am over boiling, I feels like beating some sense into this op myopic brain
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by azyaq(m): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2012
End of discussion as President He has his own faith n leader in line of faith so keyremotes shut up lipsrsealed
End of discussion as President He has his own faith n leader in line of faith so keyremotes shut up
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by nollywood20: 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2012
Are you nuts poster?

What is wrong with anyone kneeling down to pray to the infinite creator of life?
Even the G.O of RCCG himself prostrates to pray to God.
Kneeling down is not even the greatest act of obeisance to honour God.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by ganzydon(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2012
pimp_lucious :

He is not a fool, the Bible say Jesus is the Lord of Lords King of Kings, at the mention of his name every knee must bow down. So he is not a fool

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by lorddannie: 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2012
pimp_lucious :

What I'm actually bitter about is the fact that he has to display his stupidity once again to the world to see. He obviously didn't consider how religiously polarized nigeria is. That display is highly unintelligent. I wouldn't have been bothered If he did this in the private of his room away from from a publicized event as this. I SHAKE MY HEAD for the leaders of this country
it is better to kneel before God than to knock ones head five times a day behind an alfa or imam an.us in idol worship facing the east. Every man kneels before God no matter how highly placed or lowly based. No body hurl abuses at Yaradua or Namadi sambo for knocking their heads five time a day worshiping an unknown 'moon and star' gods. GEJ never knelt for pst Adeboye but before God, the pastor himself knows that.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by Galaxydon1(m): 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2012
Your post doesnt make sense. Had it been it was obama that knelt down before a prophet everybody will say he is a good man.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by joelOmo(m): 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2012
The presidentis known to be a Christian. As Christians,the priest is the representative of God on earth to a congregation. Whether you vex or hang yourself, JOnathan is president and if GOd say he will give him grace, nobody can change that. I personally don't support Jonathan because he has not impressed me but with t.he kind of humility he has shown publicly, am sure GOd ll give him grace and mercy for his name sake.
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by Sweetnecta: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2012
he can kneel before anyone he wishes.

my problem with him is not his religion.

my problem with him are his governance and looting the coffers.

one would have thought that such a young man will depart from the old guard's business as usual.

but he is worse considering his time, himself, the gluttony of his wife and those who surround him.
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by MORNDEW(m): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2012
For the fact that the president has his shortcomings doesn't mean he deserves no respect. Describin the preasident with such words is unacceptable. And those of you givin that a like are so irresposible. This is a forum that has a lot of respect and people who dnt knw their left from their rigt should b kicked out. Sambo sits on d ground while prayin and GEj kneeling down to pray has notin to do wit cluelessnes, bad governance etc.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by alaoeri: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2012
GEJ making mockery of himself. undecided
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by hrconsult1(m): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2012
I see no issue in that gesture of GEJ...
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by omowolewa: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2012
Abeg, free this man joor.
Which one is the best,'kneeling down before God in the church','bowing down to Allah in the mosque', 'bowing down before the Maze at National Assembly' and 'bowing down before a god with its priest at Asorock'?
Wait till you are made the president and see how it will look like.
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by ChiFin: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
pimp_lucious :

@pimp_lucious:
Would you have preferred seeing your president rather kneel at a shrine for some rituals? That act is a mark of his God-fearing nature. He humbled himself b4 God, whom the pastor (God's servant) represents and definitely not for the Pastor. So, why trouble yourself?
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by karlmax2: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
Is wrong for gej to kneel pray to his God it is wrong but is ok when the VP and other past muslim presidents who instutionalized corruption kneel and hit there forehead on the flooR while facing the imam's A.S.S every friday.every friday dem dey mess for sambo mouth u no compain.jona must be doing something right wey make una dey get hypertention in anything he does 2015 is still far make una no die before that time.
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by ojeffo: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
pimp_lucious :

As a private citizen he can crawl on the road before any Imam or Pastor I won't make a comment of that. But, as my President, his religion and religious practice has to be his private business away from public glare. If he chooses to lick Adeboye's anus inside his Aso Rock room, that's not my business but not this rubbish in well-publicised religious jamboree as this. It's a very ridiculous sight to behold. It potrays a foolish President and an arrongant Pastor! The sensible thing would have been for BOTH OF THEM to go on their knees in prayers if indeed they were before God and not the President kneeling like some sacrificial lamb before a mere mortal!
U r a fóolish beast of a rare breed!..Jesus wept!!!!!..so d pics of obama bowing so dt a 10 year old could feel his hair,which was framed n hung on d hallway of d WH,makes Obama an eediot ee kwa? Ndi mmadu sef.....¶ blame d ritualist dt turned u back from goat to human.u could hv been better off as a he-goat....*sips my HERO beer*

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by kelvinnn(m): 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2012
pimp_lucious :

you are the most foolish person on earth! How does that affect ur life? Biggots!
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by Ojix85: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2012
I remember an ancient king once danced naked in public. Guess what? Lord Jesus decided to be born through his lineage.
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by SisiKill1: 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2012
Lmao @ OP calling GEJ a fool. ..I am not a big fan of the man oh but in this case, I'd say GEJ is far from a fool. The man knows exactly what he is doing, he knows how the average Nigerian's mind works and how to tweak it.

People see him kneeling down and everything.....Every single idiotic, selfish, senseless, self centered thing he's ever done gets buried under the cries of Awwwwwww, he is so humble, he respects Daddy G.O therefore he respects God (yeah coz you can't respect God if you don't respect the papas and the daddies).

Kneeling down and get prayed for automatically removes the bulk of the responsibility of his position from his shoulders. From now until hunger starts wayaring some people's head, he can do no wrong because it will always be chucked to the devil not wanting him to succeed.

The rationale behind that thought is rooted in what the Papas and Daddies have drummed in our ears for years. ....The Devil is after you, the devil does not want you to succeed, you need to come to us for prayers. So GEJ goes to them, not because he needs it oh. ...he just needs to appear to need it because the average Nigerians will identify with him.

With the image of him kneeling down for prayers firmly implanted in the minds of the sheeples, he can go back to doing....nothing. Knowing they will always make excuses for him. ..He is trying oh but it is the devil who doesn't want him to succeed that's why he even came for prayers.

When you the nonsheeple says.....okay, but nothing has changed since the prayers. They start quoting Bible passages about the kingdom of God suffering violence, I guess this passage explains why all the prayers and fasting the papas and Daddies call for never works because after every clarion call, the devil also ups his game.

Which begs the question. ..where does it end? We want something, the devil doesn't want us to have it so he blocks it. We pray about it, he gets mad and ups the blockage, we turn prayer warrior, he gets madder and up it goes again, we pray and pray some more, he gets madder and madder and increases his level of blocking. ...and on it goes. How can you fight a successful battle if your enemy knows what you have up your sleeve?

Until we realize it is time to change strategy and demand more than just praying and fasting, politicians like the GEJ will always get away with their incompetence and the papas and Daddies will continue to hold us captive.

GEJ.....a fool? No freaking way!! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by kiiababs: 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2012
Naija pple have probs too hard to please n complain abt everything.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by uwa1(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
pimp_lucious :

Wat are u saying. Mr president was not kneeling down in Aso Rock but in the house of God. No matter who he is, God comes first.
Re: Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp by Cunninlingus: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2012
[size=30pt]IF YOU DON'T APPROVE OF OP'S POST AND TONE LIKE THIS SO WE CAN HAVE THIS THREAD PERMANENTLY DELETED![/size]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) / 6 Bad Habits Christians Have To Drop With Immediate Effect / Pastor Adeboye Registering For Voter's Card (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.