Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

For $45,500, Entrepreneur Sells Last Name To Raise Money For Start-up - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / For $45,500, Entrepreneur Sells Last Name To Raise Money For Start-up (555 Views)

Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar / How Best To Raise Money For NGO In Nigeria / How Would You Raise Money For Christmas/Salah? Tell Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For $45,500, Entrepreneur Sells Last Name To Raise Money For Start-up by straneur(m): 6:20am On Dec 16, 2012
On Jan. 1, entrepreneur Jason Sadler will legally become “Jason HeadsetsDotCom.” The 30-year-old founder of IWearYourShirt, who wears sponsored T-shirts for a living, recently held an online auction. Looking to raise cash for his business, Sadler said he would change his last name for all of 2013 to the name of the highest-bidding firm. Sadler said 25 companies participated in the auction, which ended Wednesday. Two bidders — Headsets.com and PawnUp.com — battled it out to the very end.

Ultimately, San Francisco-based Headsets.com, a seller of headsets for telephones and other gadgets, won with a final bid of $45,500. Sadler said he’s excited about his soon-to-be new last name. “It was really interesting to see my idea come together,” he said. “I’m not nervous, because Jason HeadsetsDotCom will be my new name in 2013, but not for the rest of my life.”

How much does your name worth??
http://investorsking.com/entrepreneur-sells-last-name-to-raise-money-for-start-up/

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Representing International Universities / Does Anyone Know A Functional China Android That I Can Buy And Sell? / Liberty Reserve Seller In Warri? I Want To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.