Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again (1844 Views)

Group Urges APC Leaders To Replace Buhari With Kwankwaso / Chibok Girls Campaigners Storm Aso Rock Today / Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by INIEDO2: 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2012
The pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere, has for the second time sought audience with President Goodluck Jonathan to protest the “political marginalisation of the South-West.”

The Yoruba leaders, who had earlier visited Jonathan on the same issue, said they were not happy that the President had not taken any action to rectify the “anomaly” in the nation’s political structure, which they had complained about.

A leader of Afenifere, Senator Femi Okunrunmu, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the group had already made request for the second visit, and were waiting for the President’s response.

He said, “We (Yoruba leaders) had met with Jonathan to complain about the marginalisation of Yoruba, but he has not done anything about it. So, we have decided to pay him another visit. We have already made our intention known to the Presidency. We are now waiting for the President to give us an appointment.

“We have the details of the situation which we intend to present to the President. It is as if the South-West has been excised from the country. If you look at all the top political positions and appointments in the country, it is not hard to see that South-West has been marginalised in this administration.

“Check from number one, which is the President, to number 15, you won’t find a Yoruba person there. Look at the people controlling the economy, the finance minister, the Central Bank governor, no Yoruba person is there. The first lawyers in this country were Yoruba. Today, Yoruba are marginalised in the judiciary. In the National Assembly, the Senate and the House of Representatives: Yoruba people are not in leadership position. It is bad. It’s as if Yoruba are not wanted.”

Similarly, another prominent Yoruba leader, Chief Ayo Adebanjo told our correspondent that Jonathan had been very unfair to the South-West even in the repair of federal roads in the country.

He noted that while the roads in the North, the South-East and the South-South were being repaired with funds from government coffers, the federal roads in the South-West were given out to concessionaires who would collect toll from users. He cited the Lagos-Ibadan expressway concession as an example.

“That means that while others would be enjoying roads built with money from our national treasury, we, in the South-West, will have to pay for the repairs of the federal roads in our region. That is unfair. Why are there not roads under concession in the North, South-East and South-South? Yoruba people have been marginalised,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/marginalisation-yoruba-leaders-to-storm-aso-rock-again/
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by INIEDO2: 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2012
Am from the Niger Delta, but I must say that Yorubas are the worst thing to happen to this country Nigeria. If Yorubas are not qualified for any position in Nigeria how will any reasonable government hire them? OBJ was their for 8yrs all he could do is steal money like the typical yorobal. Even the roads in the SW are the worst in entire country. You ediots cannot eat your cake and have it, you bastards sold your birth right to one man tinubo and except anything more.
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by koruji(m): 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2012
As a Yoruba I know all the kind of names for you.
...but the names you people keep calling yourself are most fitting.
So I say keep it up.

INI.EDO:
Am from the Niger Delta, but I must say that Yorubas are the worst thing to happen to this country Nigeria. If Yorubas are not qualified for any position in Nigeria how will any reasonable government hire them? OBJ was their for 8yrs all he could do is steal money like the typical yorobal. Even the roads in the SW are the worst in entire country. You ediots cannot eat your cake and have it, you bastards sold your birth right to one man tinubo and except anything more.
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by INIEDO2: 7:40pm On Dec 16, 2012
koruji: As a Yoruba I know all the kind of names for you.
...but the names you people keep calling yourself are most fitting.
So I say keep it up.

You ediots are the real reason Nigeria is in s/h/i/t. Obj wasted 8yrs bleeping LovePeddler in office and now you fools are whining like pigs..of which you people are pigs..
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by Desola(f): 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
INI.EDO:

You ediots are the real reason Nigeria is in sh!t. Obj wasted 8yrs bleeping LovePeddler in office and now you fools are whining like pigs..of which you people are pigs..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

pele, waa ye
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by koruji(m): 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2012
I would not waste my time approaching GEJ if I were Afenirere, but our elders are less prone to telling the center to go to h$&^@#l.
Obviously, they believe this was not deliberate or that GEJ can be made to come to his senses.

Come to think of it, when Yorubas were included in the center what good did it do us.
They allowed some funds to flow to the region from the center but imposed thieves and scoundrels as our local administrators.
They stole those funds and made nonsense of our collective local efforts.
That is not a good bargain in my opinion.

[size=14pt]Yorubaland should take the opportunity to increasingly distance itself from the center.[/size]
Put in place parallel systems for replacing what should be the FG's responsibility.
Region-wide security network for enhanced peace and security.
Activate latent economic engines to generate prosperity for our citizens.
Enhance education, health and infrastructure delivery region-wide.
If need be come up with ways to by-pass the center in international relations.

INI.EDO:
The pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere, has for the second time sought audience with President Goodluck Jonathan to protest the “political marginalisation of the South-West.”
The Yoruba leaders, who had earlier visited Jonathan on the same issue, said they were not happy that the President had not taken any action to rectify the “anomaly” in the nation’s political structure, which they had complained about.

A leader of Afenifere, Senator Femi Okunrunmu, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the group had already made request for the second visit, and were waiting for the President’s response.

He said, “We (Yoruba leaders) had met with Jonathan to complain about the marginalisation of Yoruba, but he has not done anything about it. So, we have decided to pay him another visit. We have already made our intention known to the Presidency. We are now waiting for the President to give us an appointment.

“We have the details of the situation which we intend to present to the President. It is as if the South-West has been excised from the country. If you look at all the top political positions and appointments in the country, it is not hard to see that South-West has been marginalised in this administration.

“Check from number one, which is the President, to number 15, you won’t find a Yoruba person there. Look at the people controlling the economy, the finance minister, the Central Bank governor, no Yoruba person is there. The first lawyers in this country were Yoruba. Today, Yoruba are marginalised in the judiciary. In the National Assembly, the Senate and the House of Representatives: Yoruba people are not in leadership position. It is bad. It’s as if Yoruba are not wanted.”

Similarly, another prominent Yoruba leader, Chief Ayo Adebanjo told our correspondent that Jonathan had been very unfair to the South-West even in the repair of federal roads in the country.

He noted that while the roads in the North, the South-East and the South-South were being repaired with funds from government coffers, the federal roads in the South-West were given out to concessionaires who would collect toll from users. He cited the Lagos-Ibadan expressway concession as an example.

“That means that while others would be enjoying roads built with money from our national treasury, we, in the South-West, will have to pay for the repairs of the federal roads in our region. That is unfair. Why are there not roads under concession in the North, South-East and South-South? Yoruba people have been marginalised,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/marginalisation-yoruba-leaders-to-storm-aso-rock-again/
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by koruji(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2012
Yeah!
Now that you have excluded Yorubas we can see the roaring success of GEJ!!!
Sometimes one hopes GEJ and his fumbling administration would get it right in at least one thing.
But people like you surely make this very hard.

Awon omo oju o ro la ri ti o pe omo e "lola ni yonu"!!!
Omo ti o je obe ri ti o wa obe si aya!!!
Ki le n'gbe ti e ngbin

INI.EDO:

You ediots are the real reason Nigeria is in s/h/i/t. Obj wasted 8yrs bleeping LovePeddler in office and now you fools are whining like pigs..of which you people are pigs..

3 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by INIEDO2: 8:26pm On Dec 16, 2012
koruji: Yeah!
Now that you have excluded Yorubas we can see the roaring success of GEJ!!!
Sometimes one hopes GEJ and his fumbling administration would get it right in at least one thing.
But people like you surely make this very hard.

Awon omo oju o ro la ri ti o pe omo e "lola ni yonu"!!!
Omo ti o je obe ri ti o wa obe si aya!!!
Ki le n'gbe ti e ngbin

My question is, why are you pigs whining and crying now like babies? I hope they use the military to deal with your dirty leaders when next they come near aso rock..
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by koruji(m): 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2012
They have not born any of you with the balls to try such.
And those of you that are here must have two or three heads that you can re-generate.
...because if you try such nonsense it will be off with your heads!!!

INI.EDO:

My question is, why are you pigs whining and crying now like babies? I hope they use the military to deal with your dirty leaders when next they come near aso rock..
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by Lawconfessor(f): 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2012
Make Una NO FIGHT For Dis Place I beg ooo......haba
ONE NAIJA
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by INIEDO2: 9:00pm On Dec 16, 2012
koruji: They have not born any of you with the balls to try such.
And those of you that are here must have two or three heads that you can re-generate.
...because if you try such nonsense it will be off with your heads!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Unless no be Yoruba people wey I know..

When Abacha slaughtered half of Yoruba tribe including abioala, his wife and imprison the rest..what did you fools do? Instead you cowards went to Abuja where your so called leaders were bribed with meat-pie.
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by Blazay(m): 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2012
After 8 years of OBJ? cheesy
Wonders!
A thief is never tired of stealing. . . neither does he/she get satiated!
What a curse! cry

I pity Jonathan Goodluck come 2015! grin
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by koruji(m): 9:05pm On Dec 16, 2012
You are encouraged to keep thinking like that.
Enough said!!!

INI.EDO:

When Abacha slaughtered half of Yoruba tribe including abioala, his wife and imprison the rest..what did you fools do? Instead you cowards went to Abuja where your so called leaders were bribed with meat-pie.
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by chosen04(f): 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2012
****Grabs a bottle of coke and pop corn, now ready for more jabbs******
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by INIEDO2: 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2012
koruji: You are encourage to keep thinking like that.
Enough said!!!

We in the SS will not tolerate you fools for once..
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by phantom(m): 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2012
INI.EDO:

ROFLMAO.......are you for real??meat pie grin grin grin grin
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by INIEDO2: 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2012
^

Ofcos that was what FG gave to the Yoruba almajiris that came to Aso Rock after Abioala was killed. They were given meat-pie and bottle of coke. That was what bought the entire Yoruba tribe over. History was repeated two years back when Tinubo received the same gesture to turn in the Yoruba tribe against Ribadu who trusted them. No Ribadu knows better not to trust these cowards next time..
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by Akshow: 10:36pm On Dec 16, 2012
INI.EDO:
^

Ofcos that was what FG gave to the Yoruba almajiris that came to Aso Rock after Abioala was killed. They were given meat-pie and bottle of coke. That was what bought the entire Yoruba tribe over. History was repeated two years back when Tinubo received the same gesture to turn in the Yoruba tribe against Ribadu who trusted them. No Ribadu knows better not to trust these cowards next time..
oh my gosh! Who let Tata out of Its cot. Hey dumb momfo, run along to your cot Its past your bed time. Stop mbarassin yourself wit your silly childish tantrums. Enough said! @Koruji Joor free omo ale asínwìn yi. Ko worth time e.
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by INIEDO2: 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2012
Akshow: oh my gosh! Who let Tata out of Its cot. Hey dumb momfo, run along to your cot Its past your bed time. Stop mbarassin yourself wit your silly childish tantrums. Enough said! @Koruji Joor free omo ale asínwìn yi. Ko worth time e.

The question is, were the Yoruba leaders bribed with meat-pie or not..?
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by koruji(m): 11:39pm On Dec 16, 2012
Sure. I have left him to his silliness. I do not have time to response to people to diatribes like this.
It was necessary to let him know that THERE WILL be consequences if any Yoruba leader is harmed by his tree-biting cohorts.

Akshow: oh my gosh! Who let Tata out of Its cot. Hey dumb momfo, run along to your cot Its past your bed time. Stop mbarassin yourself wit your silly childish tantrums. Enough said! @Koruji Joor free omo ale asínwìn yi. Ko worth time e.
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by Desola(f): 11:56pm On Dec 16, 2012
koruji: Sure. I have left him to his silliness. I do not have time to response to people to diatribes like this.
It was necessary to let him know that THERE WILL be consequences if any Yoruba leader is harmed by his tree-biting cohorts.

you sef fall my hand.

It took you this long to realise that you were in the boxing ring with a mad man?

Abeg no blame anybody if they can't tell the mad man from the sane one o because na you choose to enter ring with am.

Just grab a can of coke with kuli-kuli and read and laugh out heartily at the display. As you can see, the circus acts are coming in and it therefore promises to be a fantastic show.

When you pay to watch an act, you don't join it in the performance, you watch and laugh to your heart's content and should you happen to have a bone of kfc chicken lying around somewhere, you throw it at the creature. That is how to watch a dirty show.

Get with the programe, bruv!

You have a bounty on their heads, remember? Now, demand it! wink

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by koruji(m): 12:10am On Dec 17, 2012
Funny,Desola.
Noted - just that sometimes even mad people have to be put on notice.
As our elders would say: "Aja to nsinwin a mo ju olowo e".

Desola:
you sef fall my hand.
It took you this long to realise that you were in the boxing ring with a mad man?
Abeg no blame anybody if they can't tell the mad man from the sane one o because na you choose to enter ring with am.
Just grab a can of coke with kuli-kuli and read and laugh out heartily at the display. As you can see, the circus acts are coming in and it therefore promises to be a fantastic show.
When you pay to watch an act, you don't join it in the performance, you watch and laugh to your heart's content and should you happen to have a bone of kfc chicken lying around somewhere, you throw it at the creature. That is how to watch a dirty show.
Get with the programe, bruv!
You have a bounty on their heads, remember? Now, demand it! wink
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by Desola(f): 12:15am On Dec 17, 2012
koruji: Funny,Desola.
Noted - just that sometimes even mad people have to be put on notice.
As our elders would say: "Aja to nsinwin a mo ju olowo e".

shame you couldn't see the pain in that animal's writings.

This is just an avenue to display its pent up anger for the Yorubas whom it somehow believe have aggrieved him in some way. Of course, those creatures know the real status of the Yorubas in Nigeria but it makes them feel a whole lot better to think the Yorubas are suffering.

You, as a special breed should not get into the sty with pigs. You should know better!

If anything, you should pity the creature. It is hurting!
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by ak47mann(m): 12:25am On Dec 17, 2012
INI.EDO:

grin grin
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by UncleJJ(m): 12:29am On Dec 17, 2012
The pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere, has for the second time sought audience with President Goodluck Jonathan to protest the[i] “political marginalisation of the South-West.”[/i]

The south west cant be marginalized. How can the Almighty Awoist be marginalized politically....how can ( ko possible ).

But, did they come with placards or similar grin - hope they've heard rumours that Jona is better with "Arabic" than english and more versed in "demolition" than politics.
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by OkparaIgbo: 12:37am On Dec 17, 2012
@ Desola
Of course, those creatures know the real status of the Yorubas in Nigeria but it makes them feel a whole lot better to think the Yorubas are suffering.

I don't believe you read the post girl, Nobody else thought the Yoruba's were suffering especially after a Yoruba man was the president for 8years and was gunning for life presidency.. shocked shocked But it seems your leaders disagree hence why they keeping crying to Aso-Rock or does the Afenifere represent the Igbo's or Hausa's angry

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by Desola(f): 12:40am On Dec 17, 2012
OkparaIgbo: @ Desola
Of course, those creatures know the real status of the Yorubas in Nigeria but it makes them feel a whole lot better to think the Yorubas are suffering.

I don't believe you read the post girl, Nobody else thought the Yoruba's were suffering especially after a Yoruba man was the president for 8years and was gunning for life presidency.. shocked shocked But it seems your leaders disagree hence why they keeping crying to Aso-Rock or does the Afenifere represent the Igbo's or Hausa's angry

I like the way you said that. What accent was that? Gorilla accent? Do it again, do it again!!

I think you're one of the ones to watch in this circus. If you perform better than the original wonder, I might just be tempted to put more money on your performances.

Oya, do it again!

You these things are so funny o... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by tawa89(f): 6:54am On Dec 17, 2012
Desola:

I like the way you said that. What accent was that? Gorilla accent? Do it again, do it again!!

I think you're one of the ones to watch in this circus. If you perform better than the original wonder, I might just be tempted to put more money on your performances.

Oya, do it again!

You these things are so funny o... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
sigh. The struggle to sound funny
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by kettykin: 8:30am On Dec 17, 2012
Yorubas are real Jokers and clown in the Nigerian Political Circus, Somebody put his Destiny and Votes behind a comdemmed Thieve tifnubu and wants to reap from the National Government which they Sabotaged.

How come these Saboteurs are now coming to a Drunk Fisherman, a Retardeen, an Odechukwu to cry of Marginalisation if not that they want to Betray him.

Yorubas should go back to their Emperror who used N2 billion tax payers money that should have been used to build 100 KM road or give more than 100,000 pupils Schorlarship for a Birthday Bash to rescue them Hypocrisy is no longer weapon in Nigerian political space everybody has wisened up.

you are warming up for a Merger with Buhari to Sabotage GEJ on one hand and you are coming back on your Knees to GEJ to cry of Marginalisation before GEJ one one hand. Hypocritical ,Betraying , parasitically Covetous Vultures !!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by gregg2: 9:43am On Dec 17, 2012
koruji: I would not waste my time approaching GEJ if I were Afenirere, but our elders are less prone to telling the center to go to h$&^@#l.
Obviously, they believe this was not deliberate or that GEJ can be made to come to his senses.

Come to think of it, when Yorubas were included in the center what good did it do us.
They allowed some funds to flow to the region from the center but imposed thieves and scoundrels as our local administrators.
They stole those funds and made nonsense of our collective local efforts.
That is not a good bargain in my opinion.

[size=14pt]Yorubaland should take the opportunity to increasingly distance itself from the center.[/size]
Put in place parallel systems for replacing what should be the FG's responsibility.
Region-wide security network for enhanced peace and security.
Activate latent economic engines to generate prosperity for our citizens.
Enhance education, health and infrastructure delivery region-wide.
If need be come up with ways to by-pass the center in international relations.

Tinubu keeps brainwashing you guys with propaganda about illusions just because he doesn't
want any superior but to remain the Alpha & Omega of Yoruba land.
South West was offered Speaker of House of Reps, his party teamed up with the North to
disgrace that fine woman.

You are here insinuating about the South West being politically mature.
Do you think South West is more politically mature than the north?

The north keeps Vice President, Senate President, Speaker House of Reps, Chief Justice of the Federation and you
are here talking as if you know it all.
Wait and we shall see where the ACN and CPC romance will land South West.
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by INIEDO2: 11:44am On Dec 17, 2012
I thought I was the only one who could see through the madness, parasitical and vulture attitude of Yoruba race..the worst thing to happen to Nigeria grin grin
Re: Marginalisation: Yoruba Leaders To Storm Aso Rock Again by PointB: 11:58am On Dec 17, 2012
lol funny stuff here. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shekau Escapes As Faulty Ammunition Stalls Military Operation In Sambisa …boko H / Rivers State Assembly Fracas.. Real Story Unfold / Caption This Pic...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.