Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning (14579 Views)

Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi / Patience Jonathan Weeps At Alamieyeseigha’s Family House (Photo) / FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by talk2cj08(m): 7:17am On Dec 17, 2012
Bayelsa State Governor Seriake Dickson wept yesterday at the Federal Medical Centre Mortuary in Yenagoa where he went to inspect the bodies of Governor Patrick Yakowa, ex-National Security Adviser (NSA) Gen. Patrick Azazi and four others who died in Saturday’s helicopter crash.

Dickson, with whom were Service Chiefs and other notable personalities, described the incident as “sad, tragic and an irreparable loss” to the government and people of Kaduna and Bayelsa states.

Dickson expressed condolences to President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President Namadi Sambo. He described the crash as a monumental loss.

He declared a three-day mourning period during which flags will be flown at half mast.

Expressing the readiness of the state to collaborate with the various organs set up by the Federal Government and the Naval Command to unravel the mystery behind the crash, Dickson said the government would partner with the government and people of Kaduna State to ensure that the right thing is done.

Dickson described Yakowa as “a bridge builder”, who came to Bayelsa State on a visit to strengthen and deepen the bonds of brotherhood and unity, but ended up dying.Of the late Gen. Azazi, the governor said: “For our brother and leader, the the late General Andrew Owoye Azazi, the Chairman of the Bayelsa state Post Flood Management Committee inaugurated two weeks ago, and the Chairman-designate of the Bayelsa State Development and Investment Corporation (BDIC), I really have no word to express the profound sense of loss and tragedy that has befallen the state and our country.

“I am short of words. It is a very terrible tragedy. I pray that God should comfort the bereaved families and good people of Kaduna State.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/dickson-weeps-at-mortuary/

1 Like

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by Caseless: 7:27am On Dec 17, 2012
May their souls rest in perfect peace......

Dickson should also learn that death is in escapable cos as a leader, if u dont lead right, one day, one day....the leaders and the led will die. We will all go there and account for all our deeds.

Leaders, fear GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by Clerverly: 7:31am On Dec 17, 2012
See im face sef, Crocodile Tears cry cry cry Go thank your stars grin

1 Like

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by slap1(m): 7:38am On Dec 17, 2012
Quite sad, quite sad.
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by redsun(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2012
Clerverly: Crocodile Tears cry cry cry Go thank your star grin

He is mimicking Obama,forgetting that wept for innocent children not for callous and irresponsible thieves.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2012
redsun:

He is mimicking Obama,forgetting that wept for innocent children not for callous and irresponsible thieves.
lol
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by Iaz93: 8:45am On Dec 17, 2012
He's crying cuz he knws that he's NEXT...

1 Like

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by vanstanzy(m): 8:45am On Dec 17, 2012
Touching!
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by koolet: 8:47am On Dec 17, 2012
jst imagine dat akward moment the wife nd family unexpectedly packs out of the Gov. House 2 start a new low life compared 2 the former gov.life, jst 2 tragic 4 them may God console their hearts

1 Like

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by Okijajuju1(m): 8:52am On Dec 17, 2012
ALL men shall surely die...... Make una start to do good.. Nigerians didnt even feel an atom of sadness over this crash. REASON: Na Politicians die..

If an A380 filled with Nigerian Politicians ONLY should crash and burn tomorrow.. over 90% of Nigerians would be reading the News with a smile on their faces..

MORAL LESSON: No be say you die be the problem, na how will you be remembered na ehn matter pass..

5 Likes

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by Kokopos(m): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2012
redsun:

who are u to judge................. and u have never stolen before?.Remove the logs in your eyes before removing the speck in the next man's eye. Just live a good life and let God be the judge.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by SELFWORTH: 8:55am On Dec 17, 2012
For those who think its fake tears, I pray that you will not be hit by any kind of grief , then your song will be different!

Thieves or no thieves, this is a real human tragedy . These people are fathers, brothers, sons of people like you. Not every politician is a thief and deserves evil to befall them. We only tend to hear of he bad ones.

Believe me , there is evil in every sphere of the society including NL not just in politics.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by kentoplash(m): 8:57am On Dec 17, 2012
Make una leave d guy Oº°˚˚˚°º, I guess he'll be offered a role in Nollywood. grin
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by garrigangster: 8:57am On Dec 17, 2012
redsun:

Obama Weeps for the Dead; He is right
Jonathan or Dickson weep for the Dead; they are copying Obama.

Myopic thinking at its apogee.
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 17, 2012
Double post
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 17, 2012
koolet: jst imagine dat akward moment the wife nd family unexpectedly packs out of the Gov. House 2 start a new low life compared 2 the former gov.life, jst 2 tragic 4 them may God console their hearts
Not so early, you have definately not heard the news making rounds that the wife maybe chosen as the new deputy after the dead governor get buried later in the week
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 17, 2012
May their soul rest in perfect peace. Its a sad, sad way to leave the world, not on retirement, but when one is still actively involved in people service.
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by venorite(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2012
Do you know how many people that have died of starvation and sufferings because of the biullion stolen by these criminals?believe me it will be better if we lose all these so called politicians so that fear can be instilled on the future ones.am not sad one bit,they were going to die either way
SELFWORTH: For those who think its fake tears, I pray that you will not be hit by any kind of grief , then your song will be different!

Thieves or no thieves, this is a real human tragedy . These people are fathers, brothers, sons of people like you. Not every politician is a thief and deserves evil to befall them. We only tend to hear of he bad ones.

Believe me , there is evil in every sphere of the society including NL not just in politics.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:16am On Dec 17, 2012
Crocodile Tears

A lesson for you Dickson,stop using the public funds for personal use.

Contruct roads instead of running in the sky.

Move closer to your people instead of running to dubai.
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by ujchief(m): 9:17am On Dec 17, 2012
Jesus wept...
And after weeping, he did not declare 3 days mourning for Lazarus, rather, he resurected him!
Dear governor, after weeping, clean ur eyes and do something about the East west road. I'm sure if that road was ok, they would have journeyed from bayelsa to ph via road rather than flying.
#just my 2 cents...

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by sharubutu(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2012
Political tears. God punish you.
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by ypzilanti: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2012
ujchief: Jesus wept...
And after weeping, he did not declare 3 days mourning for Lazarus, rather, he resurected him!
Dear governor, after weeping, clean ur eyes and do something about the East west road. I'm sure if that road was ok, they would have journeyed from bayelsa to ph via road rather than flying.
#just my 2 cents...

Tell him to tell Jonathan. The damn road was awarded since 2007 at the whooping cost of 1.3 billion per 1 kilometer, yet the road is a death trap. They are all a bunch of clowns. David Mark does same...flying chopper from Abuja to Benue instead of pressuring government to fix the road.
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by TCD: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2012
You think you can ride government helicopters for private use at OUR expense and go scot free? Na so una go dey fall one by one like mosquito.

They just love to abuse the masses.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by greatgod2012(f): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2012
To d dead..........i say, may their souls rest in perfect peace.

To Dickson.....i say, "oku nsunkun oku".........this is a lesson for him he should govern well, so that, when he too is gone, pple will remember him for good, he should also remember that, one day will be one day, he will also die.
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by greatgod2012(f): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2012
Weeping at mortuary is not special, anyboody can do that, if he is d one that died, the same thing would have been done to him.......ie other governors will also cry when they see his corpse. He just have to learn that, what happened to Yakowa &co, could have happened to anybody else.
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by johndavid1(m): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2012
I no jst knw watin i go talk sef lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace Amen... cry cry cry
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by ujukala: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2012
May their souls rest in peace. Life is Transient.
Re: Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 17, 2012
Reminds me of my visits to the motuary to see the body of my dad who died in a ghastly accident; I cry everytime I went there till He was buried.

Our polithieviens should understand from this that life is transient.

What shall it profit them to loot the treasury dry and still get to die leaving all their loot behind.

Death should be easy since life is hard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial / Amina Mohammed Represents Buhari At Africa Day In Morocco / 2023: South West APC Govs Divided Over Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.