Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi (31847 Views)

Ademola Adeleke Weeps At Isiaka Adeleke's Grave In Osun. Photos / James Ibori Weeps At Alamieyeseigha’s Graveside In Bayelsa...Photos / Patience Jonathan Weeps At Alamieyeseigha’s Family House (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by emamos: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
Alhaji Yahaya Bello of the All Progressives Congress and winner of the Kogi governorship election was Wednesday morning sworn in as the executive governor of the state amid tears of mixed feelings.
Bello who emerged victorious after a run-off was conducted following the death of Prince Abubakar who was earlier picked as the party’s flagbearer in an inconclusive election, took his oath of office at the Lokoja New stadium.
In his speech immediately after he inspected the guard of Honour in a motorcade, Bello who was sworn in by Justice Nasir Ajana, Chief Justice of Kogi State, wept.
He recalled that he did not grow up to know his father,having lost him at very early stage. Eulogising his mother as a young widow, he noted: “Hajia Hawawu Bello struggled to raise me up as a young widow (weeps).
The governor also pledged to be fair and honest in all his dealings in matters of the state, while maintaining that Kogi people should take him as their own governor whose plans are for the good of the state.
“I will be fair to all Kogites and I belong to everybody and belong to nobody,” he Said
He revealed that he had already developed an economic blueprint for the state which his administration would implement almost immediately, while also calling for support of everybody in the best interest of the State.
He lamented the non-payment of workers salaries and endemic corruption in the state’s civil service, reiterating that his administration will commence payment of workers salaries as soon as possible.
In his words: My administration has zero tolerance for corruption and it remains so and I think Kogites should be guided in this direction,” he noted.
“I understand that workers in the state have not been paid for 4 months at the state and over a year for local governments. We will start payment as soon as possible,” he said.
Bello commended the late Prince Abubakar Audu, maintaining that his administration would immortalize him for his good work as a politician.
“I want to commend the late politician, Prince Abubakar Audu. My administration will immortalize him for the good work he did when he governed the state,” he said.
On his part, Nasarawa State Governor, Alhaji Tanko Al-Makura commended the people of Kogi State for the choice of the All Progressives Congress which brought Yahaya Bello to power.
He urged Kogites to Accord Bello the needed support that would make him succeed.
“Kogi people have done well to have voted the All Progressives Congress and having done that, I urge them to support Bello to enable him deliver,” Al-Makura maintained.
Meanwhile, the governor of Benue State, Mr Samuel Ortom charged the governor to be focused and committed, noting that history awaits him.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/27/bello-weeps-at-inauguration-vows-to-fight-corruption-in-kogi/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by emamos: 2:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
maybe ekun ayo....It is well

4 Likes

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by Cholls(m): 2:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
my brother these man is playing with their emotions.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by Kyase(m): 2:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
Pishure.
Na everybody wan fight corruption now?
Like am sha

1 Like

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by ifyalways(f): 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
Another I belong to Nobody, I belong to everybody ? cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by Lytech(m): 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
See this thief pretending to be a saint...
Birds of the feather.... Rubbish

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
Amazing
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by eleojo23: 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
OK. Seen
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by cutetopsey(f): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
Awwwww!

That must be tears of joy.....

Meanwhile, he said, and I quote; "I am for everybody, I am for nobody...........That is in PMB's voice......following his footstep......

BTW, check my signature for live testimonies on how to get rid of excess ugly belly fats
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by Fiwasayo(f): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
No be today undecided undecided undecided

Probably tears of joy.
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by nikkiking(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
End time weeping undecided.

5 Likes

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by mccoy47(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
Mtchewww

Crocodile tears angry
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by kennyman2000(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hmmmmm... Our leaders giving us weeping format since time immemorial as if we never soji say not all tears comes from the heart.

Go and cry to shekau to bring back our girls joooor

check my signature for ur customised wristband.

7 Likes

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by pgidex(f): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
Crocodile tears chai

Polithiefians with their wayo.

Always pretending since 1960 grin

9 Likes

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by GMan650(m): 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
This guy get sense oooo....... Em dey try present himself as Jona and Buhari at the same time.

His childhood was full of struggles = Jonathan

I belong to nobody but......... = Buhari

grin cheesy cheesy grin Sharp politician

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by coded01: 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
It's clear you have a big heart for the people... cheesy

I hope forces around you won't prevent you from doing a great job for the people of kogi state...

2 Likes

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by Mariecakes(f): 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
*Yimu*
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by Kangol99(m): 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
hmmmmmmmmm......Na so politics be.
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by SamJed(m): 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Na so them dey cry dey deceive people...i won't be surprise if it will be him that will steal the most..

1 Like

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by gen2briz(m): 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Olosi.....ki lo fa ekun fun
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Yes if he weeps but I attended the funeral of Stella obasanjo although I was I'll before my lecture,I got to know her name was better pot of soup can serve students in exam hall if am playing game boy my sister was older than my mum but in all am not hungry about food but hungry about Arsenal won the messi ball of goal post but the Kim kardashian family likes watching deeper life program in hot afternoon on channels TV station
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by Whizkeey(m): 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Sha no chop our money....
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
The last politician who talked about his poor background . . . claiming not to have
any shoe as a kid
. . . made us trek to our place of work due to the fuel scarcity he
caused during his administration. The positive aspect is that we developed international trekkers (Lagos - Abuja) grin

This one that you claim you were raised by a widow . . . . I just dey talk my own o
undecided

5 Likes

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by NJPot(m): 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
birds of feather
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by xynerise: 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
We are watching
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by steppin: 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
He wept? Naija politicians sef! This fake modafuckers can never change.
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by deebsman1(m): 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
crocodile tear

1 Like

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by cegxie(m): 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
finally power is changing hands by divine intervention. first at the central level and now @ the state levels.. i pray that with it comes a new and better Nigeria irrespective of which ever party or individual this come through with. God bless Nigeria.. God bless the man too even though he looks like one bank-ole i used to see on TV

1 Like

Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by kennyman2000(m): 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
gen2briz:
Olosi.....ki lo fa ekun fun

o su mi ooooo
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by Nicepoker(m): 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
He is showing the citizens how they will weep later.
Re: Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi by mayortm001(m): 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
embarassed undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Incredibly Accurate Predictions Ayodele Fayose Made In December 2015 / "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu / "I Will Win In Court" - Peter Obi Says When Asked If He Will Contest In 2027

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.