Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,242 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

A Wasted Generation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Wasted Generation (752 Views)

Why Do Illegal Pregnancies Stay While Legal Preganancies Get Wasted? :( / Nigeria's Youths. / Gyal Got Wasted In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Wasted Generation by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 18, 2012
This topic is borrowed 4rm d great one-KONGI-
Like every other thing in Nigeria,the sanctity of d marraige institution has been abused & thrown 2 d dogs. What wt capitalism & d attendant effects. Everybody is now in d rat race to acquire the necessaries & extras that will make life comfortable,neglecting in d process,what they are labouring 2 improve-life-
I grew up wt a civil servant dad,who ws barely at home, but whose word was law. He didn't have 2 speak before we knew what he expected of us. My mum on d other hand was a school teacher & taught in my school. This afforded her d opportunity to 'monitor' us from home to d school , correct us when necessary & report gross indiscipline 2 my dad for d necessary disciplinary measures. We lived our lives as if we were under watch by d CIA.
It is my opinion that today's reality demands more work time &financial responsibilities from the parents. This is why the picture painted above is at variance wt what obtains 2day & i do nt advocate 4 a reversal 2 d status quo ante.
The need 2 leave for work early & come home late wt every imaginable goodies for d kids comfort has been at d expense of d core family values. Many marraiges are now 'arrangements' where couples 'marry' resources while interests are 'divorced' & fly in different directions. The result is loose morals & a society devoid of a value system.
By the time a young girl leaves home for University, she has learnt 1001 ways to achieve her over-bloated ambitions. After her 4yrs sojourn in d university, she'd have 'dated' many men, including aristo lecturers & money bags on her rise to the peak of her own 'potentials'(this trait she carries wt her 2 d larger society). She finally settles down in marraige to continue the cycle wt her own kids & womanhood dips in value.
The same applies to the boys/men. Most of the celebrity wanna-bes & society gigolos are also working hard to rise to the peak of their 'potentials'.
Respect & fidelity in a relationship has become a chain that prevents people from attaining their 'potentials' in today's world.
This disposition is clearly manifest in churches, mosques, the corporate world & politics. The result is that immoral affection & undue influence has become a consideration for qualification. Square pegs are forced down round holes & mediocrity is the order of the day.
Our problems as Nigerians did not start from the top as many of us are wont to believe; it started from the homes.
Re: A Wasted Generation by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 18, 2012
There is Hope...hope for us and hope for the unborn generation.We just have to do the right thing, rather than the good thing, to make our dreams a reality.

(1) (Reply)

A 86 Year Old Man Marry A 26 Year Old Girl / How Many Kids Do Desire To Get And Sex?????? / Guide On How To Determine The Gender Of Your Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.