Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Why Do Females Go To The Hospitals Than Males - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Females Go To The Hospitals Than Males (1030 Views)

Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals / How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients / 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Females Go To The Hospitals Than Males by Melahou(m): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2012
I was at a hospital recently in lagos and observed that the number of females that came for
treatment/checkup were in the ratio of 15 females to 1 males.
Besides does that came for ante natal or pregnancy related issue as i was made to understand.
The question is why do ladies/women visit the hospitals/clinics more than guys/men?
Are they MORE venerable to diseases more than men
Re: Why Do Females Go To The Hospitals Than Males by Callotti: 4:48am On Dec 19, 2012
To abort monkeys! grin
Re: Why Do Females Go To The Hospitals Than Males by tpia5: 5:57am On Dec 19, 2012
were you sick, or spying?
Re: Why Do Females Go To The Hospitals Than Males by Alaafialoro(m): 8:28am On Dec 19, 2012
I am not sure of the cause but I think the reasons are :
- some of the women are there because of their babies and women are more attached to the babies than men.
- ante-natal care ( I know you have excused this,but it can‘t be overemphasized)
- most women pay attention to little changes in their wellbeing than men,hence you see them more at hospitals. That also explains why women live more into old age than men.
- citing Nigeria as example,not all females you see at the hospital are sick,some only visit their loved ones,which they do more often than their male counterpart.
It is just my opinion and observation though.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Go To The Hospitals Than Males by 10KNews: 8:13am On Dec 20, 2012
Well, maybe it has to do with the female system and all that. Also male are just naturally wicked to themselves and will not want to spend money. lol (no offense please)
Re: Why Do Females Go To The Hospitals Than Males by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 20, 2012
I realy do not agree with the OP for he has not actually carried out any scientific research to reach such a conclussion! I have been at hospital, JUTH in Jos, SOPD(Surgical Out Patient Department) and I think there are many women as there are men!
Re: Why Do Females Go To The Hospitals Than Males by Terminator: 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
Women are more concerned about their health and seek help. men assume they are superhuman and will hardly present for medical help Until it gets very bad by which time it may be too late or result in treatment with residual effects.
Men feel that going to seek medical help is sign of weakness. What a misconception.

(1) (Reply)

Hyperthyroidism (overactive Thyroid) Test / Does Agbo (local Herbs) Cure Hiv. / Breaking News: Priest Down With The Ebola, Flown Back To Europe [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.