Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,205 members, 7,849,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:42 AM

Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age (7641 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / After 21 Years Of Barrenness Woman Delivers Baby Boy (photos) / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by free2ryhme: 4:05am On Dec 21, 2012
AmBeautiful: Seriously op, you are one very annoying character on nairaland.
What hogwash!
angry

You must be below 25 yrs of age.. I can see the truth is bitter.. and its aim was direct on spot no missing ..Ouch!!!! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by drnoel: 8:14am On Dec 21, 2012
AmBeautiful: Seriously op, you are one very annoying character on nairaland.
What hogwash!
angry
Humble yaself 4 d truth will set u free...

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 21, 2012
Dolly-Parton:
I dont have these traits and never had it
what traits
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 21, 2012
beylinko: D Op is really rite abt dis 1. Funny enough,i ws talkin to a friend abt dis just few weeks ago.
Let me add dis: abt dis age girls are lyk peacock fully blown n always want attention,want 2 be courted by numerinous males.

thanks...its a honor smiley
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 21, 2012
free2ryhme:

You must be below 25 yrs of age.. I cant see the truth is better.. and it aim was direct on spot no missing ..Ouch!!!! cheesy
God bless you always...
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
Another dumb stereotype, IMO

When did age become a factor for maturity?

Heck, I've met childish and really immature ladies that are well over 25 and some really smart girls under 25.

(some points are true though, BUT not for everyone)
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by jerk: 9:22am On Dec 22, 2012
Good post frm the op,bt there are some above 25 that still wants to live those kind of life u mentioned. I met one and shes 29 bt she told me she still wants to catch fun,club and so on.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
HQ: Another dumb stereotype, IMO

Heck, I've met childish and really immature ladies that are well over 25 and some really smart girls under 25.

Nigeria is a corrupt country, doesn't mean all Nigerians are corrupt, but majority aresmiley
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
Different strokes for different folks anyway.I married below 25 to a man only five years older and I must confess that the only regret is that we didn't do it earlier.We were mentally prepared to be together.My MIL cannot help commending us as she has never smelt any disagreement b/w us.The points u mentioned as the demerits are not age specific.Am pretty much the family accountant,so I don't know what you are talking about materialism.Am pretty enough but I truly believe that my hubby is the only man that is worth my time.

Seriously,each time I enter a public place with my family,I can't help enjoying the stares.There is nothing like young parents sending the kids to Villa once in a while so they can catch up with the latest.Its been four years ago but we still feel like its barely 6months.No drama,no bullshit stories,no assholic behaviours.we want it to work and we are making happen.Abeg life make sense when u find love early joor.Meanwhile the so called advanced couples keep inviting third party to settle their scores.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
Maturity nah for mind,age nah just numbers.Experience is a different issue all together.
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
byvan: Maturity nah for mind,age nah just numbers.Experience is a different issue all together.
I am happy that your marriage is going on smoothly, I pray it continue on that lovely trend, it gives me joy reading cute marital testimonies.

That said, some people are gifted with early maturity. Some people, though very few, reason like adults while they are teen, that's a rare gift. It doesn't mean that becos 10 marriages out of 1000 marriages in August were successful, that August marriages are now seen as success! Believe it or not, I have done a census within my locality and even within my immediate environments, before coming up with this piece. I am a realistic writer, I don't just write folk tales to entertain people while the truth remains buried and causing more harm.

Thanks for stopping bysmiley
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by dagr8(m): 6:22am On Dec 24, 2012
DailyNews: ]

But when you marry a girl above 25 years upwards, who has graduated from higher institution, did NYSC, stayed in her father’s house, turned to a diehard Christian praying day and night for a husband without any coming forth, believe me, the day you take her to the altar will be her happiest day in life, and when she comes into your home, she will respect, love and cherish you so much because you are her answered prayer. If you want peace, happiness, humility and respect, marry a mature lady that is above 25 years of age.

Courtesy: ngn blog
This portion actually got me rolling on my bed with laughter dis early morning....*my tummy o*...*@OP...no kill me abeg*

I totally agree with you OP....but I put my statistics at 70%...i av met few "under 25" dat display class of maturity the "above 25" dont possess
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by dagr8(m): 6:23am On Dec 24, 2012
ceewai lebi: I-totally-disagree,i-got-married-b4-25-and-am-not/never-been-a-drama-queen*ask-my-husband* tongue
DailyNews: ]

At this age, 95% of girls spend 99.9% of their time thinking about which latest clothe, shoe, jewelry, handset, etc to acquire, and which party to attend, so how do you expect such a girl to make a good wife? Majority of men who ended up marrying girls below the age of 25 years are regretting it, because the first two to three years of their marriage are often filled with drama.

If you marry a girl below 25 years, she can hardly listen to you when you say you don’t have money to meet her numerous immaterial needs. In fact, she may end up fighting you or insulting you both directly and indirectly. In most cases, she will start to recount the wealthy men who would have married her if not for you who came to deceive her.

When a girl is below the age of 25 years, marriage is not on her top priorities, only few have marriage as a priority at this age- she is more concerned with having fun, traveling around cities, going on dates at trendy restaurants and lodging at the best hotels and suits. Only few think about raising a family, only few think about raising kids.
Remember, this does not in any way dispute the fact that there are no wise and intelligent girls who exhibit maturity and good moral conduct below the age of 25 years, but statistically, it is not in any way advisable for you as a man to marry a girl below the age of 25. This excludes cases of betrothing of wife practiced by some tribes and religion, such cases are never ideal.

Courtesy: ngn blog

pls takee note of d bolded....there are exceptions...although i go with 70%...
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by dagr8(m): 6:25am On Dec 24, 2012
Dolly-Parton:
I dont have these traits and never had it
Perhaps u are part of the 30%( my own statistics) who dont belong 2 dis category...and if so, good 4 u...d OP never said all...bt most
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by dagr8(m): 6:32am On Dec 24, 2012
Duke_Nija: I think the OP has some good points there.
But there are so many exceptions.
Maturity isn't really about Age.
swtdarling:
since when did age depicts maturity.you and your biased write ups.and to think you actually put such crap in your blog

Maybe you should write on why Men should get married to Women below 25.
/quote]
YEs! i totally agreee with you on d bolded bt we must not deny d fact dat maturity also has age package along side with it...one way or d other...

if a child boassts of more new clothes dan d adult, what abt d rags?
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by dagr8(m): 6:34am On Dec 24, 2012
HQ: Another dumb stereotype, IMO

Heck, I've met childish and really immature ladies that are well over 25 and SOME really smart girls under 25.

yes u are very correct...bt we are talking abt MOST here grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2012
dagr8:
yes u are very correct...bt we are talking abt MOST here grin grin grin
You are a wonderful critic...thanks for the honest analysis of the topicsmiley
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by divinelove(m): 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2012
D op is largely correct, though there r some few exceptions. D point is actually maturity, marriage is for mature ppl. Much more ladies r ready for marriage above 25 than below this age.
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2012
Overall i give the poster an A for a good analysis wit exceptions which he clearly highlighted. This i know is not a direct science dat one should base his/her life on but a sort of a yardstick to measure and judge wisely.
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
hisblud: Overall i give the poster an A for a good analysis wit exceptions which he clearly highlighted. This i know is not a direct science dat one should base his/her life on but a sort of a yardstick to measure and judge wisely.
I feel honoured, thanks a bunch!
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
divinelove: D op is largely correct, though there r some few exceptions. D point is actually maturity, marriage is for mature ppl. Much more ladies r ready for marriage above 25 than below this age.
You got the point so well, stay blessedsmiley
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
@DailyNews

You are well on point. I am experiencing one right now. She just turned 25 in September, now serving and already been called to the Bar. She is religious and from all indication she wants to marry. She is well matured, pretty, never been to party.
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
payless: @DailyNews

You are well on point. I am experiencing one right now. She just turned 25 in September, now serving and already been called to the Bar. She is religious and from all indication she wants to marry. She is well matured, pretty, never been to party.
glad to hear honest confessions, tnkx for sharing, wishing u two a successful love life come 2013smiley
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by tny60(f): 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
if a woman is under 25, she is too young.
if she is 26 and over, she has become too old.

wetin woman go do? undecided
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 29, 2012
tny60: if a woman is under 25, she is too young.
if she is 26 and over, she has become too old.

wetin woman go do? undecided

Remain 25.5 forever cheesy
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by claremont(m): 2:18am On Dec 29, 2012
Age cannot be used as a measure of maturity. We can't just pluck figures from the air and concoct hypothesis around those figures, there has to be evidence.
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by tny60(f): 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
SniperInADiaper:

Remain 25.5 forever cheesy

LOL don't make me laugh cheesy
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by pak: 12:10am On Jan 01, 2013
byvan: Different strokes for different folks anyway.I married below 25 to a man only five years older and I must confess that the only regret is that we didn't do it earlier.We were mentally prepared to be together.My MIL cannot help commending us as she has never smelt any disagreement b/w us.The points u mentioned as the demerits are not age specific.Am pretty much the family accountant,so I don't know what you are talking about materialism.Am pretty enough but I truly believe that my hubby is the only man that is worth my time.

Seriously,each time I enter a public place with my family,I can't help enjoying the stares.There is nothing like young parents sending the kids to Villa once in a while so they can catch up with the latest.Its been four years ago but we still feel like its barely 6months.No drama,no bullshit stories,no assholic behaviours.we want it to work and we are making happen.Abeg life make sense when u find love early joor.Meanwhile the so called advanced couples keep inviting third party to settle their scores.

WOW !
You're making me jealous !

You guys are really wonderful

Wish you more sweeter years of marriage

I sincerely pray that four years down the line, I will have a testimony like yours (and even better)

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by djeezy(m): 7:56am On Jan 01, 2013
Forget the below 25 thing. It's all about the woman you're marrying and has nothing to do with how desperate she craves to settle down with a man. How desperate she is doesn't guarantee a happy marriage. There are some men who married their wives @the age of 16/18/20 during the days our fathers/grandfathers and the married worked perfectly till date. I have also seen men who married their wives @the age of 22/23 and it turned out well. In a nutshell what I'm. Saying is that it all depends on the values and goals of the said woman and not age. Anyway you still got a nice post@Op.
Re: Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age by ajirapsy(m): 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
My 22yrs old fiancée who has concluded her NYSC is an exception to almost all the things you have mentioned.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? / A Sex Starved And Lonely Wife... / My Hatred For My Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.