Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? (1986 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / What Role Does Intelligence Play In Religion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by fallguy(m): 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
I'm thinking here of some renowned intellectuals and thought/idea workers. I'm thinking that the more one grows in intelligence the harder it is 4 him to see God much like the more alcohol a person takes the harder it 4 him walk straight.

Notable achiever atheists/agnostics:

bertrand Russell
Alan turing - turing completeness
Einstein - a fabricated God
bill gates
don ho - notepad++ creator
damien katz - couchdb
Linus torvalds - Linux fame
Richard stallman - emacs , free software foundation
john neuman - agnostic most of life converted in later life.
Many(if not most) Nobel laureates and fields medalists.
Most popular/notable programmers.
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by UyiIredia(m): 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2012
There are many more intelligent people who are positively Christian.
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by ijawkid(m): 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2012
Nope
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by advocate666: 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
Uyi Iredia: There are many more intelligent people who are positively Christian.

Intelligent christian is an oxymoron.
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2012
Atheism doesnt increase intelligence but intelligence has a positive correlation with atheism.

You are more likely to be educated or of higher intelligence if you are an atheist/non-religious/agnostic.

Studies have shown this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2111174/Intelligent-people-less-likely-to-believe-in-God.html

http://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=atheism+and+intelligence&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ei=tO3RUNL2H4nbtAaA5YDoCg&ved=0CDMQgQMwAA
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2012
advocate666:

Lol!
Good one.
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by mumumugu(m): 6:00pm On Dec 19, 2012
Atheism is directly propotional to foolishnes. D more foolish u are, d more atheist u are

1 Like

Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
mumumugu: Atheism is directly propotional to foolishnes. D more foolish u are, d more atheist u are

Yet you are here using an atheist website on an atheist designed computer.

Religious tool
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by ijawkid(m): 6:53pm On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yet you are here using an atheist website on an atheist designed computer.

Religious tool

Which atheist designed computer??....
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
ijawkid:

Which atheist designed computer??....

Does it matter? Windows, Apple, Sony etc
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by UyiIredia(m): 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
advocate666:

It isn't.
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by advocate666: 8:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

It isn't.

It is.
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Image123(m): 12:34am On Dec 20, 2012
grin
very funny, of course no. i shit literarily on all unbelievers anytime I'm privileged to write a test or be in the same class. most of the 'renowned' atheists got their success foundations from Christian values, have christian names, and were raised in 'Christian' homes.
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by EvilBrain1(m): 2:02am On Dec 20, 2012
Image123: grin
very funny, of course no. i shit literarily on all unbelievers anytime I'm privileged to write a test or be in the same class. most of the 'renowned' atheists got their success foundations from Christian values, have christian names, and were raised in 'Christian' homes.

Now this is tough. Logicboy has pointed out that there is clear statistical evidence that atheism is positively correlated with higher intelligence and higher education. But then, you've said that you're so much smarter that all atheists and you like to defecate on them. You can't possibly be lying, or a self deluded, blowhard with fantasies of having a brain. One of you must be right, but who?

I guess I believe your anecdotal claim over real evidence. After all, everybody knows that the words of random internet braggarts are the highest form of proof.
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Image123(m): 2:59am On Dec 20, 2012
Evil Brain:

Now this is tough. Logicboy has pointed out that there is clear statistical evidence that atheism is positively correlated with higher intelligence and higher education. But then, you've said that you're so much smarter that all atheists and you like to defecate on them. You can't possibly be lying, or a self deluded, blowhard with fantasies of having a brain. One of you must be right, but who?

I guess I believe your anecdotal claim over real evidence. After all, everybody knows that the words of random internet braggarts are the highest form of proof.
suit yourself, I'm sure it (google and dailymail) helps your confidence since you probably never topped your class.
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Nobody: 3:09am On Dec 20, 2012
Image123:
suit yourself, I'm sure it (google and dailymail) helps your confidence since you probably never topped your class.

Google scholar and telegraph. You cant ven get the details right and you are here claiming intelligence.

You keep proving atheists right
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Image123(m): 3:29am On Dec 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Google scholar and telegraph. You cant ven get the details right and you are here claiming intelligence.

You keep proving atheists right
don't beat yourself, they're both news vendors. Spotting the names of newspapers is now a proof to intelligence?
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Nobody: 3:32am On Dec 20, 2012
Image123:
don't beat yourself, they're both news vendors. Spotting the names of newspapers is now a proof to intelligence?

Telegraph has integrity, daily mail doesnt.

Anyways. You embarrassed yourself on this thread
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Image123(m): 3:41am On Dec 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Telegraph has integrity, daily mail doesnt.

Anyways. You embarrassed yourself on this thread
hahaha, how again?
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Nobody: 3:45am On Dec 20, 2012
Image123:
hahaha, how again?

Look at your comments

Anyways, how does it feel to be a Jewish slave? I'm talking about your signature cheesy
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Image123(m): 3:51am On Dec 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Look at your comments

Anyways, how does it feel to be a Jewish slave? I'm talking about your signature cheesy
lost for words, derailment of thread is not a very intelligent option oh.
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 20, 2012
Image123:
lost for words, derailment of thread is not a very intelligent option oh.

grin
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by plaetton: 5:23am On Dec 20, 2012
Uyi Iredia: There are many more intelligent people who are positively Christian.

Positively christian? that's an interesting mix of words. There must be those that are negatively christian as well.
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by plaetton: 5:36am On Dec 20, 2012
Image123: grin

And what is a success foundation? And what are christian values? hhmm.
Let me think about this.

Ok. I get it!
I guess if one comes from a christian home, with christian names and grows up with christian values(you mean christian hypocrisies), but later in life decides to poo on, and jettison all that crap, then one can be said to have possesed christian success foundation.
Very interesting revelation.
So true success foundation comes from pooing on ones christian values.

1 Like

Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by ijawkid(m): 6:58am On Dec 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Does it matter? Windows, Apple, Sony etc

Lol....funny you.....at what point in time in the lives of these guys did they adopt atheism and how did that affect there knowledge or intelligence??......... who were there colleagues??were they all atheists??......
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Image123(m): 7:11am On Dec 20, 2012
plaetton:

And what is a success foundation? And what are christian values? hhmm.
Let me think about this.

Ok. I get it!
I guess if one comes from a christian home, with christian names and grows up with christian values(you mean christian hypocrisies), but later in life decides to poo on, and jettison all that crap, then one can be said to have possesed christian success foundation.
Very interesting revelation.
So true success foundation comes from pooing on ones christian values.
do you speak english?
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 20, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol....funny you.....at what point in time in the lives of these guys did they adopt atheism and how did that affect there knowledge or intelligence??......... who were there colleagues??were they all atheists??......

Bill Gates is an atheist

Steve Jobs was a Zen Buddhist
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by advocate666: 9:10am On Dec 20, 2012
Evil Brain:

Did you just call the soldier of christ a self deluded blowhard with fantasies of having a brain? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 20, 2012
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by ijawkid(m): 9:49am On Dec 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Bill Gates is an atheist

Steve Jobs was a Zen Buddhist
That doesn't change anything...........

When did bill gates become an atheist??.........
Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by manmustwac(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2012
I don't think that intelligence has anything to do with atheism. I believe its boils down to how open minded the individual is.

2 Likes

Re: Does Intelligence Increase Atheism? by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 20, 2012
ijawkid:
That doesn't change anything...........

When did bill gates become an atheist??.........

Feel free to ask ignorant questions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Does Not Forgive: A Challenge To All Christians / If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? / People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.