Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

My Current Project - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Current Project (1100 Views)

Otunazero Sm Current Stage Pre-alpha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Current Project by Chimanet(m): 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2012
Hello house,
its 11.pm now, and i need to complete these job, but before then let me share my experiences, i know it will surely help someone on nairaland. cos every thing i know today about software development started here some 2 to 3 years back.
last week i started working on a particular project for a university student. The project is a web based recruitment portal system. i was like wow! but looking closer at the project, i dicorverd that its a simple CRUD application with not much logic. so i decided to hit the road straight.
for the database part of the application, i choosed mysql
for the business logic part, i choose Spring framework; is an enterprise level java framework for java development. i made used of the framework expecially at the web layer of these app.
these days, am so lazy to start writing SQL queries by hand so, i decided to use an ORM(Object relational mapping) tool to talk to my database from the business layer for me, for this part it was JPA(Java Persistance API)
i also downloaded a html/css template for a web portal since my web design skill is not 2 good.
after selecting my tools, i descided to make mockups of the different pages of the app and see how they relates to each other.

a login page,
a registration page for a recruiter
a registration page for an applicant
an index page that displays all the current JobPlacements
a job placement page for a particular job with an apply button
a success page

everything was simple and i loved it that way.

the next step was to identify your key domain objects
mine was
JobSeeker
Recruiter
JobPlacement
Application
Jobcategory.

From my pattern of development i descided to create a data access layer over all these entities. the DAO layer will help me do CRUD on these entities transparently

i got like
JobplacementDAO
JobseekerDAO
ApplicationDAO
etc

the Web layer, i got different controllers for different url actions, like login has its own controller the login controller

Re: My Current Project by harryobas: 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
Hi i know its a bit of an over kill considering the fact that your project is a simple CRUD app but i would also consider writing some unit tests especially for your domain and DAO objects.
Re: My Current Project by Chimanet(m): 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
Yea its true. I didnt write unit tests 4 d domain objects and dao rather d pattern i used was 2 write a class with a main method, and get references of d daos from my spring container and test dat all d methods in d daos interfaces works as expected. These nyt, i wil pick d login and registration functionality of d app and explain d daos and d respective controllers. D difficulty am geting is dat i cant upload images of more dan 200k 2 nairaland servers.
Re: My Current Project by Chimanet(m): 9:06pm On Dec 19, 2012
The RegistrationController code

Re: My Current Project by xterra2(m): 10:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
I did a similar CRUD project too (web) using Php, i can do java, console and GUI but i can't do web, didn't want to learn the java web
I leant php and ASP.NET instead, i wish you Good luck
You are free to ask for help & ask for testing when you're done
Re: My Current Project by arokans(m): 12:49am On Dec 24, 2012
Please, im actually working on a desktop-based application using java. it is the student project management application and i need help from experienced people. thanks in advance. i av done a bit and looking forward to discussing details with friends interested
Re: My Current Project by Chimanet(m): 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
U can start by telling us wat d difficulting u r facing in ur current project, lets c if we can offer help 2 u.

(1) (Reply)

How To Login To A Site With C++/C# / What Makes Us The No.1 Web Solutions Development Company In Nigeria / Study Programming Abroad In Ukraine At Low Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.