Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students (23383 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by cynthy2000: 7:20am On Dec 19, 2012
The Obafemi Awolowo University OAU, Ile-Ife, Osun State graduated no fewer than 78 first class degree holders at its 39th convocation ceremony held recently in the institution.

The Vice- Chancellor of the institution, Prof. Bamitale Omole, stated this on Thursday during the ceremony, which saw the conferment of 5, 249 first degrees and 3, 363 postgraduate degrees on students.

Mr. Omole while quoting from the latest Web-o-metric ranking, he affirmed that OAU ranked first in research among Nigerian universities, noting that the transparency, justice and integrity has been their watch word in the institution and will continue to be their guiding principles.

He said, “In furtherance to its claim as the number one IT university in Nigeria, OAU recently competed for and won a $2.7m Cloud Computing and Telepresence Facility. This achievement makes our university the only university in Nigeria with hi-tech facility.

“While other universities still use the iLab developed and made by MIT, OAU has developed her own iLab and this has helped us in solving some of the basic needs of experimentation.”

Omole however challenged the graduates to be steadfast and offer solutions to the challenges of life, assuring that the rigorous training by OAU will be very useful to the graduates in the nearest future.

“As graduates of Ife, we expect you to come up with innovative ideas in job creation and entrepreneurial
skills which will stand you in good stead in settling down quickly to making your marks in national development,”

The institution graduated 78 first class holders, 1,161 second class upper, 2,260 second class lower degrees and 877 third class degrees.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/12/18/78-first-class-students-graduate-oau/
http://campusportal.com.ng/oau/oau-graduates-78-first-class-students/971/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by godstino(m): 10:47am On Dec 19, 2012
Thatz goodnews..OBA AWON 4 LIFE.

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Enenu1(f): 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
Congrats to the graduates
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by kaysy(m): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
Congrats!
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by fittty(m): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
If this were to be a private institution some slow pokes on here would run their mouths! undecided

3 Likes

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by immkels(m): 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2012
Wow 3rd to comment
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Cuddlemii: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2012
OAU is top notch.
You can hardly find an OAU graduate that does not stand out.
Brains, Intellect, linguistics & fantastic English skillz.
Plus their men are always fine, clean, cool, calm & collected.

13 Likes

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2012
graduated, yes fine! but to where? to the streets to hustle i guess
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by delors(m): 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2012
Getting a First class will only open wide doors of opportunities for one but it could be frustrating if it is not put to better use. I had a first class from OAU and Omole was my project supervisor back then before he became the VC...First class could be a problem if not properly handled especially in a crazy country like Nigeria...the expectations, the burden, the anxiety etc could be killing...(from personal expi) grin

5 Likes

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2012
Great Ife! cheesy

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Emmy9ite(m): 5:56pm On Dec 19, 2012
78! Wow, that's great. We need more good news like this from Nigeria. Nigeria is indeed great!

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by delors(m): 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
Cuddlemii: OAU is top notch.
I take it as u a either a student or a product of Oba Awon Universities...Hi bro smiley
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by nass07(m): 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2012
Universty of Ilorin dn't dish out first class in this magnitude. You sweat a great deal to achieve it. Well, I dnt know much about OAU's 78 first class graduates- may be people should comment on this first before I say further!

6 Likes

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2012
angry lieeee! Which fine,calm,clean and collected men! Tahh!don't make me angry this evening.

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2012
angry lieeee! Which fine,calm,clean and collected men! Tahh!don't make me angry this evening.I knw what am passing through in that school because of therir fugly men.

4 Likes

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Okijajuju1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
Did the school share it as Graduation souvenirs abi wetin?!.. Congrats to the Students though.. No be beans!!
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Leqsy(m): 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2012
Well oau is kk now and 78 1st class ain't a big number in a university dt graduated klose 2 5000 students...@OPs sayin rubbish....dat is normal

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Maxymilliano(m): 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2012
Graduated with First Class to what end

Congratulations tho.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2012
delors: Getting a First class will only open wide doors of opportunities for one but it could be frustrating if it is not put to better use. I had a first class from OAU and Omole was my project supervisor back then before he became the VC...First class could be a problem if not properly handled especially in a crazy country like Nigeria...the expectations, the burden, the anxiety etc could be killing...(from personal expi) grin
One too.

Well, I must say mine has been very helpful and opened opportunities.

I however agree that the expectation/burden is another thing that awaits them post-school. Some people even expect you, with just a First degree, even if with First Class, to know more than a professor in your field. But I have not met an OAU First that fails to live to this expectation.

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by hustla(m): 6:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
fittty: If this were to be a private institution some slow pokes on here would run their mouths! undecided

U took d words outta my mouth!
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by godstino(m): 6:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
nass07: Universty of Ilorin dn't dish out first class in this magnitude. You sweat a great deal to achieve it. Well, I dnt know much about OAU's 78 first class graduates- may be people should comment on this first before I say further!
wat has unilorin got to do with the great Ife and how does it relate to this topic?
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Ogonimilitant(m): 6:11pm On Dec 19, 2012
delors: Getting a First class will only open wide doors of opportunities for one but it could be frustrating if it is not put to better use. I had a first class from OAU and Omole was my project supervisor back then before he became the VC...First class could be a problem if not properly handled especially in a crazy country like Nigeria...the expectations, the burden, the anxiety etc could be killing...(from personal expi) grin

So what job do you have now? Lecturing or what?
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2012
nass07: Universty of Ilorin dn't dish out first class in this magnitude. You sweat a great deal to achieve it. Well, I dnt know much about OAU's 78 first class graduates- may be people should comment on this first before I say further!

With due respect to my brilliant and good friends here that finished from Unilorin (Oyb, Olawalebabs and co), I am from Kwara state and I must tell you the bulk of my friends that went to Unilorin were JAMB victims that opted for remedial. In my secondary school in 2000, out of the over 100 of us that wrote UME, only three of us scored above 200 and two of us chose and went to Ife. Our 120, 150, 180 friends later found themselves in Unilorin. No disrespect, but I doubt these guys were OAU materials in the first place, so I don't know whether these are the people you want to make First Class in Unilorin. You can't score below 200 and get admission into Ife. Well, the Ife I attended.

18 Likes

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Youngzedd(m): 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2012
Jasmine Jetz: angry lieeee! Which fine,calm,clean and collected men! Tahh!don't make me angry this evening.I knw what am passing through in that school because of therir fugly men.

Excess power, anty dey vex for her side, just chill oooh.

But you nearly slap the guy.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by BTT(m): 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2012
Well, just silently hoping they would be able to hold their respective fortes when duty calls.

Even though there is a silent nag -as a conservative- that that number is way, way too much, I am of the opinion that these gentlemen and ladies who graduated summa cumlaude deserve our congratulations and keep them up.

Congratulations. And may your success bring you more successes.

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Malawian(m): 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2012
Nigerian universities should stop grading their students. there should be a centralized body to do the grading on their behalf. this will solve two problems, first is the sex for grades rubbish, second and more importantly will be to prevent these illiterate yaribas from constantly dashing themselves first class and phds. i have said my own.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2012
All of una like to de put sand for nigeria's Gs04
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
Welcome to unemployment market. But their medicine and surgery graduate will secure job fast fast. Congrat to med&sur graduates.

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by realsammie(m): 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
now this graduates will make the labour market extra challenging for pple wit 2:2 like me. embarassed

hnm ; angry first class for ABU no be beans

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
It shows d standard of OAU is high.seventy eight first class out of five thousand students.OAU is nt lyk other business oriented school that award first class to unqualified students.

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Arsenate(m): 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2012
One of my colleagues is an OAU first class graduate. The guy is really good and we, in fact, nicknamed him "the encyclopedia". He was recently at the who wants to be a millionaire where he won 2 mill. He is, indeed, a good ambassador of that school.

14 Likes

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by datola: 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2012
Ife operates a rigorous academic system that makes you pass through the school and the school passes through you.

Great Ife, Africa's most beautiful campus!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Covenant University Sets Aside N4 Billion For International Staff Recruitment / Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre / 15 Types Of Students You'll Find In Your Department.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.