Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,947 members, 7,863,354 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:07 PM

Hunger (memories II) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hunger (memories II) (563 Views)

Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah / Memories Of My Days In 100 Level / Evergreen Memories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hunger (memories II) by naptu2: 10:40am On Dec 19, 2012
[size=14pt]Hunger (Memories II)[/size]

I hunger for hunger. The hunger to be hungry.
To have the maddening need, the burning desire, the almost insane drive.
For one needs to be hungry to have his hunger satiated
My hunger is dead, killed by frustration.

For when one isn’t fed for long he becomes hungry, and when still not fed he loses his hunger and still can’t feed even when offered. My hunger is dead.

I longed to eat, I tried different ways and means, tried different foodstuff and drinks; but with all I was frustrated. Each time the foodstuff was taken from me, the ways and means blocked before my hunger could be satiated and thirst quenched. They substituted it with their own repugnant food with its pungent smell. They claimed that they were helping me to grow and that the food was excellent for someone else, but they killed my hunger.

They never considered my situation. If the food was suitable for my consumption (they do say one man’s meat is another man’s poison). And so, in feeding me they were killing me and my hunger.

I hunger for hunger, will no one feed me? Provide me with food so I can eat? Will I be left to die like that? No way! And so I strive even if just for subsistence where there is no sustenance. For where there is life there is hope.

© naptu2 1999
Re: Hunger (memories II) by Abbott(m): 9:36am On Dec 21, 2012
I guess you are hungry now. There is hunger everywhere here and all these recipes will not, can not, sate.

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Free And Self-hosted Blog / Your Image / Kingdom Of Wisdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.