Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

How Do You Learn Your Language - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do You Learn Your Language (966 Views)

I Will Help You Learn Php(scripts, And Tutorials) Fiverr =d / What Is Concurrency And How Does Your Language Tackle It? / What Programming Language Did You Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Learn Your Language by ikecinho(m): 9:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
i just start learning html just last month.
i have been trying to master all the html element,tag and attributs including css but it doesnt seen to me that its possible that one can master all of them in his or her head. but i can say that i can edit html document well.
now my question is how do you guru learn coden and programming?
Do you master all the codes or what?
i just want to start from html before heading over to javascript,php and others.
thanks
Re: How Do You Learn Your Language by WhiZTiM(m): 12:58am On Dec 20, 2012
Dude, I love your boldness and the interest you are picking!!
...you started HTML a month ago and you can now edit basic html scripts comfortably? Thats a good one!! Keep it up, increase your passion!
The journey is millions of miles but, I assure you, you can make it.

Hope you are learning with a very recent resource that isnt earlier than 2011..?? I mean I hope it introduces you to HTML5 tags and syntax.
...***
as for how most of us became conversant with various programming language? Its by practice! No amount of theory without practice will get you anywhere! For every theory or construct(a syntax conveying semmantic) we learn. We use it straight away! Even if it were to implement ( 5 / 2 = 2.5 ), we try a harder one and see if it works.
... You will need dose of practice and consequently theories to raise you..

You mentioned "php"?...though it isnt my primary language, but to reach a comfortable level of usage with php, you would have accumulated a total code line count of 3000+ since the day you write your first line.
.... Just try and learn. Do not pause. Do not relent, just do whatever you can to better your skill set every week at minimum!
Regards,
. . . . WhiZTiM
Re: How Do You Learn Your Language by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 20, 2012
Re: How Do You Learn Your Language by ikecinho(m): 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
@Whiztim,thanks alot.
am on the latest edition of the book titled"Build your own site the right way using HTML/CSS.
yeah it also cover HTML5 and its a practical book.

thanks alot for the complement...
Re: How Do You Learn Your Language by GideonG(m): 2:16am On Dec 22, 2012
First I study through websites like www.w3chools.com, www.homeandlearn.co.uk, tutorialspoint.com
Then I read enough books to learn from different authors
Lastly I go to youtube and watch the latest videos and apply my knowledge.

They best way to learn is to develop an application(After being comfortable with the syntax).
Give yourself a project to work on and before you complete that project you will be an expert in that field.

go to www.phpacademy.org for the latest and best tutorials to learn PHP fast and develop amazing web Apps using video guides
also check www.codeacademy.com to learn better html,Css, Javascript,jquery and if you are interested in Python or Ruby rather than PHP.
Re: How Do You Learn Your Language by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
hello ikechino, i know tjis isnt d platform for this but r u still interested in the ccna video material? Do reply andan4te@gmail.com or call 08024581181

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Mobile App Development / Unverified Google Non-hosted Adsense Account For Sale / Display Instagram Feeds On Your Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.