Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? (11991 Views)

Infographics: See Current Fuel Prices In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by clemsonfan(m): 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2006
I am from the U.S.A and where I live at, which is South Carolina, gas prices are up to $2.89 per gallon. How much is Gas in Nigeria?? grin
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by OldGlory1(m): 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2006
Sold in Litres you mean, and it is called Petrol. I would like know the price myself.
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2006
well, well, well.

What do u know? I just happened to b chatting with a buddy over there when i saw this post. It is N65 per liter (or as they spell it, litre cool). Multiply that by 4 to get a gallon, should be N260 a gallon. Assuming N140 to $1, you are looking at about $1.85 per gallon.

So when next they tell you that you are enjoying in obodo oyibo, you tell them that as far as gas prices go at least, there is no comparison lol
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2006
From the same source, cooking gas is about N700 per cylinder. Again, using N140, that is about $5. That is dirt cheap if you ask me grin
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by OldGlory1(m): 8:50pm On Apr 25, 2006
Are we talking Gasoline as in Petrol? Or Gas for Cooking?
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2006
I'm thinking the former. But I threw in the latter just for kicks grin
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by princeonx: 2:30am On Apr 26, 2006
Filter the gas from whatever they miss it with first then calculate the price of the real gas!
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by 2nde(m): 2:51am On Apr 26, 2006
The price at Duluth Georgia is at $2.95 per gallon for unleaded gas as at today
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 4:12am On Apr 26, 2006
LOL,

I feel ya prince_onx smiley
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:40am On Apr 26, 2006
so here in toronto Gas is about $1 Cad/ litre that is 4$ per gallon. To american dollar thats about $3.53 USD/GAllon damn shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by Hunter(m): 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2006
I paid AUD$1.66 (a litre) for 98 Octane fuel for my car today cry

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by dafman(m): 1:08am On Apr 27, 2006
That means petrol is quite cheap in Nigeria and we want to crucify the govt., anyway the average earnings here is a lot lower than obtains abroad.

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by OldGlory1(m): 1:44am On Apr 27, 2006
Dafman

What is the price in Nigeria today?
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by 2nde(m): 2:10am On Apr 27, 2006
Gas must not be bought at American price in Nigeria, if it happens, people will have to go back to their bicycle riding class and start their lesson on bicycle riding big time
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by dafman(m): 2:12am On Apr 27, 2006
It's 65 naira per litre but i don't think the price is uniform all over the country, there could be difference of 1 or two naira depending on which city you are
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by gigitte(f): 9:08am On Apr 27, 2006
oh how the times have changed. remember when coke was twenty naira
more importantly remember when a litre of petrol was 11naira
even more depresssingly remember all the hullabaloo about 40 naira petrol?

gone are the days of one robot chingum = one naira
sad sad sad undecided
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by clemsonfan(m): 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2006
What is a naira in U.S Dollars smiley
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by ono(m): 2:56pm On Apr 27, 2006
clemsonfan:

What is a naira in U.S Dollars smiley

Something like $1 = N125 or so.

Gas prices are no doubt less in Nigeria than in the US. But I guess as things go in here in Nigeria, I think we are warming up for another fuel price hike. I see long queue of vehicles at filling stations here in Warri. This has been attributed to the Niger Delta crises, but I know we are warming up, big time.
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by doshbass(m): 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2006
gas here in the uk as of today has gone up to almost 97p a litre which is about 250 naira, so a gallon is 1000 naira isnt that crazy, uk price is the highest in the world
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by OldGlory1(m): 5:44pm On Apr 27, 2006
I know Hong-Kong and Oslo are Higher than the UK. I bought $2.99 for a gallon of Regular Unleaded. I need Premium for my Car, but i just buy Unleaded these days and add some gas additive i bought at Pep Boys. I filled up today for nearly $87. I drive an SUV for work and these prices are killing me.
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by doshbass(m): 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2006
a gallon in the uk is almost £4 which is almost $7.50, how is that cheaper than $2.99
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by OldGlory1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2006
I said Hong Kong and Oslo is more expensive. I am in the USA. I was giving my own experience from this morning.
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by 2nde(m): 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2006
Yeah, its true Uk is crazy in terms of gas. The price are ridiculous
@ Old Glory, I really feel what you going through.
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by doshbass(m): 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2006
you guys in America are not feeling anything, we in the Britain are suffering, i am sure its the fault of the Problem with Nigeria Delta Oil
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by 2nde(m): 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2006
Thats why most people prefer to be going to places through public transport system cos maintening a car in UK is just crazy
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by OldGlory1(m): 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2006
@ Doshbass
In America we have to drive everywhere.I do average of 500 miles a week for work, and that adds up to a lot of money. In the UK you guys barely have cars and are more dependent on Public Transportation. It is like the government makes it hard for one to own a car in the UK. So as a percentage of my income, i am suffering more than you are. I was recently in London and i was amazed at how everyone does not even care to own a car. In the US a car is a necessity. And sometimes you need more than one car for different reasons. You need a pick-up truck to haul stuff and a minivan for the wife and in the summer you might be thinking of a small convertible. But in the UK the UNDERGROUND, is reliable and is a fixed price.

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by 2nde(m): 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2006
Old Glory is correct too. If you dont have a car in the US especially in a State like Georgia where almost every place is a kinda highway, you are screwed totally and your chance of even getting a job is very slim.
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by mochafella(m): 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2006
gigitte:

more importantly remember when a litre of petrol was 11naira

I actually remember when it was 70 kobo per litre. Ancient times.

Old Glory:

I bought $2.99 for a gallon of Regular Unleaded.

It was $3.29 in LA the last time I checked, and public transport is definitely not a valid option.
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:06am On Apr 28, 2006
Gas is very expensive in Nigeria I think, Factor in the standard of living and that 65 naria a litre damn
unless yall making bout 6 million naira a year, which is still below the average in the US
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by nobody3: 10:17pm On Apr 28, 2006
In Poland we pay for one liter about 4 zl which is about 1$30cents,
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by nobody3: 10:26pm On Apr 28, 2006
But if you calculate the price of petrol you should compare it to salary/income you have.
In Poland 75% of people earn 1000 zl (about 330$ US) after tax, so for all they monthly paid they can buy
(1l- 1,3$) so 330/1,3=253 litres, not so much, and how is in your country?
Re: How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria? by IG: 5:03pm On May 01, 2006
Before saying gas is cheap in Nigeria, think of the income of the average Nigerian. In my area, a fresh university graduate working with the state government earns approximately N13,000 ($92) a month(remember millions like him are unemployed). The last time I know the price of a bag of rice, it was N3500 ($25) and that of sugar was N7000 ($50). I think we have every reason to want to crucify the government.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Things That Ruin Your Car Paint / Hakeem Odumosu Tells Owners Of Unregistered Vehicles To Register Their Vehicles / Diesel To Petrol Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.