Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,071 members, 7,867,062 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Worshipper Drops Check Worth $500 Million At Jerusalem Holy Site - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worshipper Drops Check Worth $500 Million At Jerusalem Holy Site (604 Views)

Palestinians Set Fire To Israel’s Holy Site Where JosephTheSonOfJacob Was Buried / $500 Million In Checks Left At Jerusalem Holy Site / Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worshipper Drops Check Worth $500 Million At Jerusalem Holy Site by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2012
Worshippers usually leave notes to the Almighty at one of Judaism's holiest sites. But half a billion dollars?

Rabbi Shmuel Rabinovitch, who oversees Jerusalem's Western Wall, said a worshipper found an envelope at the site Wednesday with 507 checks in the amount of about $1 million each. They were not addressed to anyone, and it's doubtful they can be cashed.

Rabinovitch said most are Nigerian. Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said some were from the United States, Europe and Asia.

Rabinovitch says he has found similar checks in Western Wall charity boxes before, but they all bounced. He says most of them were written by people from Africa.

The rabbi says he thinks the check writers "wanted to give all they had to the Creator of the universe."

Thought-provoking

Source: AP News Intl

Re: Worshipper Drops Check Worth $500 Million At Jerusalem Holy Site by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
100,000 is quite different from 1,000,000
Re: Worshipper Drops Check Worth $500 Million At Jerusalem Holy Site by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2012
SniperInADiaper: 100,000 is quite different from 1,000,000
if u did read the entire msg, u ought to have found out that the checks were dropped by more than one worshipper, but I chose to title it worshipper like a journalist would do to draw attn, get that
Re: Worshipper Drops Check Worth $500 Million At Jerusalem Holy Site by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
DailyNews: if u did read the entire msg, u ought to have found out that the checks were dropped by more than one worshipper, but I chose to title it worshipper like a journalist would do to draw attn, get that

You fool I did read. It said multiple checks in the amount of 1 million each.
Re: Worshipper Drops Check Worth $500 Million At Jerusalem Holy Site by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 21, 2012
SniperInADiaper:

You fool I did read. It said multiple checks in the amount of 1 million each.
do you feel honored with this ur statement? never meant to offend u with my previous statement, tot u didn't read the whole for pointing out that correction, but u rather chose to insult...stay blessed ma'am....& have a joyful xmas smiley
Re: Worshipper Drops Check Worth $500 Million At Jerusalem Holy Site by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
DailyNews: do you feel honored with this ur statement? never meant to offend u with my previous statement, tot u didn't read the whole for pointing out that correction, but u rather chose to insult...stay blessed ma'am....& have a joyful xmas smiley

Not meant as an insult. Forgive me kiss

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Nabbed Over Alleged molestation Of 12-yr-old Housemaid / Resignation Of Pope Was ‘linked To Gay Network’ In The Vatican / A Message From Neil Degrasse Tyson, Carl Sagan And Lawrene M Krauss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.