Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Police Ban Knock-Out This Season - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Ban Knock-Out This Season (6751 Views)

Inspector General Of Police Ban Illegal Accessing Of Mobile Phones / Biafra - Police Ban Keke From Using Radio In Aba / Police Ban Political Ceremonies At Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2012
I was bangerlized yesterday just because yeye Chelsea crushed Leeds Utd 5-1. If banger is out of control, a ban is necessary.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by asdfjklhaha(f): 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2012
And how dos dat affect d price of chicken in d market.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by ldpele(m): 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
was considering 2dai if i was stil gng to throw fireworks,bt its enjoyable dng all of that n puts flair to d season
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by DJDOLA(m): 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2012
I still don't believ dat some agbalagba still use there money 2 buy banger and blow..even if there are selling it one kobo I can not buy it but I still imagine how someone will use is money 2 buy banger 2 just 2 disturb d neigbourhood well some are fools sha

1 Like

Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by Princessaleeza: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2012
They shud wait till 31st nite & c if they banned it or not.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2012
even before xmass when police hear gun shot dem go run enter bush, na today. go and fish out Nkiru Silvernus and stop harassing young people wey dey celebrate xmass. nonsense!
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by jerk: 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2012
DJDOLA: I still don't believ dat some agbalagba still use there money 2 buy banger and blow..even if there are selling it one kobo I can not buy it but I still imagine how someone will use is money 2 buy banger 2 just 2 disturb d neigbourhood well some are fools sha
i did it wen I was in their age, so let them enjoy too cuz they wl pass that level too.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by Melahou(m): 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
same old story every year undecided
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by naptu2: 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2012
Examples of the reason for the ban.

1) In the late '80s or early '90s there was commotion in Central Lagos when a fireworks depot caught fire.

Similarly, in the 1980s, NTA News regularly showed images of Chinese fireworks factories that had caught fire.

2) The wife of the musician, Fatai Rolling Dollar, died from injuries sustained when she was hit by fireworks that had been thrown into their house.

3) There's a popular boys secondary school in Lagos which is beside a popular girls secondary school. On the last day of school before christmas, students of the boys school usually attack the girls school with fireworks. However, one year, the tradition ended earlier than usual when fireworks were mistakenly thrown underneath a peugeot 504 car, which set the car on fire.

4) Two years ago there was a documentary on STV that showed a woman who was campaigning that fireworks should be banned. Her son lost two fingers when, in response to a dare, he held a stick of banger as it exploded. They also showed other children who had lost fingers from the practice.

5) In the early 2000s, armed robbers attacked a place on Lagos mainland using toy guns and banger sticks.

6) Somewhere on Lagos Mainland I saw youths attack a house with banger. I have never seen such a coordinated fireworks attack in my life! One resident of the building was able to escape via a window. He came back with policemen, but by then the youths had vanished.

And there are many more such examples. In recent days, residents of Maiduguri and other cities of the north have reported on nairaland that the ban against fireworks is being strictly enforced because of the fear of boko haram.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by hardbody: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2012
Gozzzy: That is bulldung!!!! In developed countries like the US, fireworks are legalised for festivities like xmas!!!! Why is Nigerian police, so annoyingly backward and archaic!!!

Abeg make i hear word. Here in Lagos, particularly in VGC, a day is designated when all residents of the estate meet up at a large playground and you can bang as much as you like. After then, you are not allowed, and truth be told, with these bangers, it becomes difficult to identify the toy guns that those boys use in terrorrizing people in their neighbourhoods. I have this guy that throws 'bomb' in the name of banger, and for the sake of such massive detonations, it should be seriously restricted so we know when BH is attacking and when 'fine boys' are obtaining.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by valencia25(m): 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2012
Inioluwa01:
Valencia broda,o ma se!...i jst tire 4 dis guy oo
No mind am jare
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by Orpelin: 3:42pm On Dec 20, 2012
She na today dem dey ban it during festive periods?
It may only work in the trouble-northern state and not
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by dapo338(m): 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
DJDOLA: I still don't believ dat some agbalagba still use there money 2 buy banger and blow..even if there are selling it one kobo I can not buy it but I still imagine how someone will use is money 2 buy banger 2 just 2 disturb d neigbourhood well some are fools sha

U don't have to insult people that buys Knock outs or fire works, If u are poor, pls admit it ... There are still young @ heart...... No season will pass without me throwing knock outs, I love the sound and will always do that.... imagine 31st nite without those sounds, it will be boring mehn. I bought 6 packet of 15 shots already, If u want sum... Pls call me, I will be glad to give you sum and U will love it also. Cheers and Banggggggg!

1 Like

Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by aduje(m): 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
egift: I just heard announcement over the radio (Dream FM in Enugu). According to jingle, if you throw banger, the Police will arrest you. They also ask people to report and if they come where its was thrown, they will arrest everyone until you provide who committed the "offense". Signed by the Commissioner.

Question: Do you support that knock-outs should be illegal this season?
_

...that will only happen in Enugu state, because Mr S. Chime (The Governor) is on holidays "infinitesimal". Come to Lagos precisely Bornu Crescent in Apapa Lagos, Lebanese, Indians, Prostitutes, Police, Area Boys have started throwing bangers since December 1.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by gabinogem(m): 4:17pm On Dec 20, 2012
They should ban the distribution and sales of knock-out. It's that simple.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by vanstanzy(m): 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2012
Me thinks its cos it scares the $h!7 out of them, that's the main reason why it was banned. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by anorue401: 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2012
Make I hear say I no do fire works poor secuirity pple
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by UyiIredia(m): 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2012
The been banning knock-outs since forever yet one will always celebrate Christmas amidst the deafening sounds of bangers.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by go4value(m): 8:02pm On Dec 20, 2012
na since November,boys start to throw banger,4 enugu o.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by charlsecy4(m): 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
That is not news. It is said every year. And it stops nothing...
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by Hardfact: 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2012
Those clowns should keep fo.olling themselves. Govt agents, clueless as to how/where to ban/stop banger. They leave its importation unbanned, turn around to 'ban' its use.
The police should be not to go around harassing people celebrating in a bid to full their pockets.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by sucezTP(f): 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2012
Those police men must be joking! I can still hear the sounds of different knock- out on my street.
Thank God its rural area..police can never catch us.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by 190theclown: 1:08am On Dec 21, 2012
aduje:

...that will only happen in Enugu state, because Mr S. Chime (The Governor) is on holidays "infinitesimal". Come to Lagos precisely Bornu Crescent in Apapa Lagos, Lebanese, Indians, Prostitutes, Police, Area Boys have started throwing bangers since December 1.

[size=18pt]DOA grin grin[/size]
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by 190theclown: 1:09am On Dec 21, 2012
go4value: na since November,boys start to throw banger,4 enugu o.

grin grin grin
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by eyitayo007(m): 6:18am On Dec 21, 2012
Why the mumu no ban thief wey dey there area first , mctheew !
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by signature2012(m): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2012
If dey can ban banger,dey shud do dere best to ban boko haram bomb.
Re: Police Ban Knock-Out This Season by Goldenheart(m): 7:47am On Dec 21, 2012
*replaced op's cigarette with banger*
*watches him put it his mouth*
*watches him light it up*
*whistle n closes ear*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Prof Soyinka / Buhari, Atiku: We’ll Accept Outcome Of Credible Polls / Diversion Of School Feeding Prog Fund: APC Contractors To Refund N38m In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.